I was in sales for 14 years and as long as you get a sales person who is willing to find the "correct answers" to your questions then you have a good sales person.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 09:05 PM
    in the sales industry, they could careless about your tech knowledge. its all about your sales skills.
    I was in sales for 14 years and as long as you get a sales person who is willing to find the "correct answers" to your questions then you have a good sales person.

Yes, exactly how it is, as I unfortunately found out. Yet.. I think it is pretty sad and silly. Because 1) Sure you need these people to be good salesmen, but... 2) I think they should have a minimum of knowledge, no?
    08-22-11 09:13 PM
    he can only dream
    08-23-11 05:12 AM
    Yes, exactly how it is, as I unfortunately found out. Yet.. I think it is pretty sad and silly. Because 1) Sure you need these people to be good salesmen, but... 2) I think they should have a minimum of knowledge, no?
    Yes, but I would not expect that knowledge to be intimate details of every feature on every phone. You just cannot expect one person to be a fan of all the devices. If you get a person like that, then you are lucky. As long as they can transfer info from a Nokia to a Blackberry and use the sales computer AND NOT LIE than that is all I need.

Its the liars who will send a person home with an HTC Status instead of a Blackberry because they make more money on that phone.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 08-23-11 at 06:37 AM.
    08-23-11 06:31 AM
    The bigger issue is: who would believe there is an on-screen keyboard when the screen is 2.8?
    08-23-11 07:03 AM
    The bigger issue is: who would believe there is an on-screen keyboard when the screen is 2.8?
    I used BBHybrids tool to shrink the OS before install. When I was browsing through the cod's I noticed an alx file strangely titled "on-screen keyboard"... I still haven't been able to turn this feature on (and probably wouldn't want to), but maybe they have plans to use this in the future... Er somthin.

9930 with VZW, OS .340

08-23-11 08:13 AM
    It's actually pretty funny that they would specify alarm clock and address book as two of the main features. My first cell phone from 1995 had those.
    08-23-11 08:15 AM
    Except VERY few individuals, I've noticed that cellphone store reps are some of the most clueless , brain dead people (no offense) around, especially when it comes to tech knowledge. I wonder WHY or HOW they even get hired. Best one was when I tried to apply as a T-Mobile Rep, didn't get the job... OK... whatever. But then, a girl-friend of mine, who is absolutely clueless on anything tech and mobile, applied at AT&T and GOT the job... Amazing...
    Most of em aren't phone enthusiasts like you and me. They're mostly kids just tryin to pay rent and could give a fark about the details we care about ...unless it's an iPhone. It almost sounds like you're salty for them turning you down, hah...
    08-23-11 08:33 AM
    Just looked at my box. Sure enough. Dual core mention is there. Not a biggie for me because I know better but for others...
    08-23-11 09:25 AM
    Why would anyone want an on-screen keyboard for the 99XX anyway?

You want drive by wire for your 70' 454 Corvette too?

People crack me up, they always seem to want the device that has the most features and not the one with the best features, for them, or best implemented features. Kinda sums up the whole android thing.

08-23-11 09:36 AM
    Not in the US you won't. That will never even get past summary judgment even if you could find a lawyer dumb enough to file the suit and smart enough to take your money.

...and you know this because you are a lawyer? That is far from the truth and will definitely make a good case. This is a clear case of gross misrepresentation of fact.

This is quite different from other arguments, eg 4g,sugar-free, low-fat etc. In the latter examples, by law, there are standards board that permit certain classifications once goods meet certain minimum thresholds. Just for illustration, it's permitted by law in the US to call a food/beverage sugar-free if it has less than say 5g of sugar per serving.
    Advertising something as dual-core when it is clearly not is a totally different ball game.

However, if T-mobile issues a public statement regarding this error prior to release, then there may never be a case
    08-23-11 12:59 PM
    This is a clear case of gross misrepresentation of fact.
    If you think for one second a Judge would let that into a courtroom then you need to put the bottle down.

First of all, the packaging has a misprint and there is no law against that, but did T-mobile also have dual core listed on their website? Was it listed as dual core on store displays? Was it listed as dual core on T-mobile brochures???

I guess it's not really a case of gross misrepresentation of fact is it? It's a simple mistake and not an attempt on T-mobiles part to dupe people into thinking something that is not true.

No lawyer will file a case, no judge will allow it into the court, no appellate court will overturn that judges decision to throw it out before it gets into a courtroom in the first place.

What damages would you sue them for? "I want a million dollars because I thought my smartphone was dual core and as it turns out it only has one core and I am bummed and it's T-mobile's fault I am bummed since they printed dual core on a box"?????

If anyone is grossly misrepresenting fact it is you.

You can't even delineate what it is you would take them to court for.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 08-23-11 at 02:10 PM.
    08-23-11 01:57 PM
    Most of em aren't phone enthusiasts like you and me. They're mostly kids just tryin to pay rent and could give a fark about the details we care about ...unless it's an iPhone. It almost sounds like you're salty for them turning you down, hah...
    LOL! Not salty about anything sir, its the principle of it that ticks me off.
    08-23-11 03:20 PM
    Hopefully they don't delay the release date due to this....
    08-23-11 05:33 PM
    I love when threads become to host amateur legal opinions!!! It makes me laugh...always good for a chuckle when I see the gross ignorance that usually accompanies the thread!

I'm no lawyer - and I never post legal opinions on threads, but I've been involved in many litigation's in my business life. Rarely are legal cases as simple as many on forums make them out to be. If they were, we'd all be lawyers!

Opinions (especially legal ones) are like a**holes; everyone has one!
    08-23-11 06:05 PM
    Except VERY few individuals, I've noticed that cellphone store reps are some of the most clueless , brain dead people (no offense) around, especially when it comes to tech knowledge. I wonder WHY or HOW they even get hired. Best one was when I tried to apply as a T-Mobile Rep, didn't get the job... OK... whatever. But then, a girl-friend of mine, who is absolutely clueless on anything tech and mobile, applied at AT&T and GOT the job... Amazing...
    You don't have boobs, and they probably felt a women could influence more people to buy a phone

08-23-11 06:27 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD