Attachment 91945

I stole the pic from a CB member who is a great sport and allowed me to use it.
    Last edited by dcgore; 08-22-11 at 02:55 PM.
    08-22-11 02:27 PM
    oh wow..... Someone's getting fired lol
    08-22-11 02:30 PM
    Wow. That's just blatantly misleading. But at least it's postive for once.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 02:35 PM
    I went into a Tmo store last week and the rep was saying the new 9900 had dual core proc, UMA, and an autofocus camera. Well, lets just say to bad he was wrong. Where do they get their info from anyways?
    Last edited by 8900Freak; 08-22-11 at 02:40 PM.
    08-22-11 02:37 PM
    Poppycock!
    08-22-11 02:39 PM
    They already lie about "4G" and it just keeps going with them. Not a very ethical company and that's saying something because all these companies take liberties with their advertising. Tmo takes it to a new level.
    08-22-11 02:51 PM
    They already lie about "4G" and it just keeps going with them. Not a very ethical company and that's saying something because all these companies take liberties with their advertising. Tmo takes it to a new level.
    I'm sure it was an honest mistake..
    08-22-11 02:53 PM
    I'm sure it was an honest mistake..
    Not if their reps are saying it too. Although reps are pretty clueless about what they're actually selling.
    08-22-11 02:55 PM
    You know what would be funny, is if the T-Mobile version DID have dual core processors. The meltdown here would be of epic proportions.
    smijes likes this.
    08-22-11 03:09 PM
    The employee training regiment consists of reading the box.
    Wretch 12 likes this.
    08-22-11 03:10 PM
    Totally unacceptable and a clear sign of: either they cheat at all of us or they're totally stupid Maybe the second is the right one. I already claimed about the 4G (incredible they consider HSPA+ at only 14,4 as 4G) in their support mail (no answer) but this adds are now a joke..

T-Mobile USA could day now they have an LTE network. Why not?

08-22-11 03:30 PM
    Bla1ze is onto it... http://crackberry.com/t-mobile-seems...9900-dual-core

08-22-11 03:33 PM
    They will probably leave the stock as is and fix the packaging on later shipments and all it will do is make the sales people look stupid when they are selling the phones. Walking into a T-Mobile store is far from something like an att store, I always get that "Vending Machine Room in the bottom of an 80 year old building feeling" whenever I visit one of their stores. I mean, for cripes sake, someone goes in and is confronted with a teller machine for giving up their cash instead of having a real person help them??? So ghetto. "Hello Sir, have you seen the new Nokia 6230?"
    08-22-11 03:40 PM
    Lawsuit, no if and or buts about it.

08-22-11 03:41 PM
    Lawsuit, no if and or buts about it.

Not in the US you won't. That will never even get past summary judgment even if you could find a lawyer dumb enough to file the suit and smart enough to take your money.

08-22-11 03:43 PM
    you ever buy a new product and theres a sticker over a line of text? thats all they will do. tmo will fed-ex out a few envelopes of stickers with the correct wording on it to put over the wrong wording
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-22-11 03:56 PM
    fyi- someone needs to IMAGESHAK that photo! you can't see it in the article unless your logged in.
    08-22-11 03:58 PM
    I have seen advertisements here in the Netherlands where they claim the 9900 has a front facing camera
    and today, as I got my own 9900 (finally) I was explaining the salesperson what was new in OS7 and the specs of the new device, he didn't know anything about it, I didn't care, he just had to give me one quickly
    08-22-11 04:03 PM
    I went into a Tmo store last week and the rep was saying the new 9900 had dual core proc, UMA, and an autofocus camera. Well, lets just say to bad he was wrong. Where do they get their info from anyways?
    Except VERY few individuals, I've noticed that cellphone store reps are some of the most clueless , brain dead people (no offense) around, especially when it comes to tech knowledge. I wonder WHY or HOW they even get hired. Best one was when I tried to apply as a T-Mobile Rep, didn't get the job... OK... whatever. But then, a girl-friend of mine, who is absolutely clueless on anything tech and mobile, applied at AT&T and GOT the job... Amazing...
    08-22-11 04:06 PM
    There are so many devices they have to deal with it isn't surprising.
    08-22-11 04:23 PM
    Except VERY few individuals, I've noticed that cellphone store reps are some of the most clueless , brain dead people (no offense) around, especially when it comes to tech knowledge. I wonder WHY or HOW they even get hired. Best one was when I tried to apply as a T-Mobile Rep, didn't get the job... OK... whatever. But then, a girl-friend of mine, who is absolutely clueless on anything tech and mobile, applied at AT&T and GOT the job... Amazing...
    you should try to apply just to see the 'HOOPS' that people have to go through in the hiring process. background checks, testing, approval from many other TMO people. the pay is that of retail employee and most of the people that would want to work for them are younger people.
    08-22-11 04:40 PM
    My rep said something about the 9900 plays Blu-Ray disks as well. Rumor mill, start your engines!
    08-22-11 04:52 PM
    Technically no carrier has 4G per the original definition established by the 3GPP. However Sprint's WiMax, Verizon's LTE and AT&T/T-Mobile's HSPA+ have all been added to the revised definition of the 4G by the same group that created the original definition.
    lewisc1979 likes this.
    08-22-11 05:01 PM
    you should try to apply just to see the 'HOOPS' that people have to go through in the hiring process. background checks, testing, approval from many other TMO people. the pay is that of retail employee and most of the people that would want to work for them are younger people.
    I did, HENCE, why I said: "I didn't get hired... but my friend did..." ? Actually when I went to the interview, there was a lot of older people, older than me at least. I am 28... there were people of 40 and 30+ years old. People with Engineering degrees... a whole diff sort of people actually. The guys doing the interviews were one dumber than the other... It was hilarious for how stereotypical it was... It looked like a made up sketch but, sad for them, it was real life. Plus, the HOOPS are those of pretty much all retail jobs and then some... Its not that big a deal...
    08-22-11 05:30 PM
    Pretty dumb of tmobile. Check their website! <a href="http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Phones/cell-phone-detail.aspx?cell-phone=BlackBerry-Bold-9900-4G-Black" target="_blank">BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 4G - Black</a>
    "Coming soon" WTF? They already have it! lol

Last edited by Rootbrian; 08-22-11 at 08:39 PM.
    08-22-11 08:36 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD