Does anyone know of an app that shows running apps, and can close them all simultaneously? Or even one that shows a list and you can close them individually? I know you can go to "switch application" and close them each that way, but that takes awhile and can be aggravating. Apple and Android have ways of doing this, and I was hoping to find that BB does too.

Thanks!
    09-04-11 12:01 PM
    Go to settings - device - application management
    09-04-11 12:11 PM
    I'm taking delivery of a 9900 next week. Does the BB button being held down not do this?
    yes it does, op must not know that just holding down the menu button shows all running apps and can close from there, much better than having to hAave an app to close apps like Android.
    09-04-11 02:42 PM
    can u be a little bit more specific? how does it work? holding the button gives me a list of currently opened apps,but id still need to go to each one to close it. i think op was referring to something like atk on android where clicking a button closes all opened apps.
    09-04-11 08:46 PM
    Just tried on my phone, it opens a window that shows me all open apps, still have to close them individually.
    09-04-11 11:16 PM
    There will always be four running. Mail, browser, phone and home. They can't be closed.
    There are actually 5, including BBM. Unless it s pre-shrunk out of the OS before loading, or it is downloaded from an alternative source so it then can be uninstalled after OS installation.

However, the OP clearly stated...
    I know you can go to "switch application" and close them each that way, but that takes awhile and can be aggravating...
    So, I guess the answer is that there is no such application for the BlackBerry platform. You would have to utilize the application switcher or the e-screen, which is for advanced users. In either case the applications have to be killed individually.
    09-05-11 12:29 AM
    I just use the ALT+Back Button
    09-05-11 12:33 AM
    I just use the ALT+Back Button
    Again... The OP clearly stated...
    I know you can go to "switch application" and close them each that way...
    09-05-11 12:41 AM
    I dropped BBM long ago and find that closing apps as I finish with them to be the most efficient.

So, I'm sure you'll tell me what was "clearly stated" but oh well.
    Well, you may have dropped BBM, but most BlackBerry users have not dropped BBM, and consider it a staple. Some would say that is what makes a BlackBerry a BlackBerry. I also find that closing applications immediately when I am done with them serves me well. But, that is not what the topic of the thread is...

As for what was "clearly stated", I would hope that in the future you wouldn't require someone else to read & comprehend the post for you.

I don't see the need for your snippy & snide comments when I just stated facts. You mad?
    09-05-11 01:10 AM
    As Yoda would say...
    Funny, you are...
    09-05-11 01:24 AM
    Use macros with shortcutme for your most used applications, each macro can close a defined application, then with a more general macro, you can import the macros to close each app and have it run at a certain time of the day, or have it run manually and iterate through each open application closing it. Or you can just create a macro to close all your common applications without using dependencies, which is the easier and simpler way.
    Last edited by gbsn; 09-05-11 at 01:47 AM.
    09-05-11 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD