My husband is switching from the Tour 9630 to the Bold 9930 (Sprint), and I notice that almost none of the ringtones are the same... Is there any way I can get the following in MP3s or something (in order to get the old ringtones on his phone)? He won't stop complaining. LOL! These are the ones he uses:

Tune_Eurotrance
    Notifier_Lightspeed
    Notifier_Bikebell
    Notifier_Crystal

Thank you!
    08-22-11 06:49 PM
    08-22-11 06:53 PM
    I'm on a 9810, but OS 7 is the same as the 9930. This worked for me. Says OS6, but as I said, worked for me. Make sure to download it on your phones browser.
    http://crackberry.com/get-os5-ringto...os6-blackberry
    08-22-11 06:56 PM
    Just get your husband to download the old OS5 ringtones straight from the BlackBerry mobile site.

http://mobile.blackberry.com/resourc...0x360_03_b.jad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CaraP and bruteforce037 like this.
    08-22-11 06:58 PM
    08-22-11 07:13 PM
    THANK YOU for this post!!!!

Thats one thing that was bugging me, I missed my old ringtones.

I needed my CLASSIC RINGER!
    08-22-11 08:50 PM
    I know this is quite old now, but is there anywhere we can find this file now? Doesn't seem to be hosted anywhere.
    06-23-12 10:56 PM
    With the browser on your BB go to BlackBerry Wallpapers, Ringtones, and More and scroll down a bit and the one called something like OS5 ringtones for OS7 is right there. I downloaded/installed them this morning but I'm not quite sure on how to get them to show up on my phone and use them. Another project for tomorrow I suppose.
    06-24-12 12:21 AM
    Go to Blackberry App World
    Type in "Blackberry Sounds"
    Select Blackberry 5.0 Sounds
    Download (Its Free)

After the dowload is complete:
    Select "Sound Profile" on your phone
    Select "Change Sounds and Alerts"
    Select "Phone Ring Tone"
    Select "Ring Tone"
    Scroll and select "All Alerts"
    ** All the classic Blackberry 5.0 sounds are there. **

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-24-12 07:38 AM
    Thank you!
    06-24-12 10:14 AM
    06-24-12 02:53 PM
    Check the Sprint mobile site. I got my OS 5 for BLACKBERRY 6 ringtones directly from Sprint. Maybe it'll have them for OS 7, too.
    06-24-12 04:01 PM
    Check the Sprint mobile site. I got my OS 5 for BLACKBERRY 6 ringtones directly from Sprint. Maybe it'll have them for OS 7, too.

I never thought of going to the sprint store. I just used the app posted above. Its a direct app from RIM so it can be trusted.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    06-24-12 08:49 PM
    I never thought of going to the sprint store. I just used the app posted above. Its a direct app from RIM so it can be trusted.

Do you think I made a mistake getting it from Sprint instead of RIM?
    06-24-12 09:03 PM
    Do you think I made a mistake getting it from Sprint instead of RIM?

Of course not

If it worked for you then I would never say it was a mistake. People have different ways of doing things and I just never thought to go through the sprint store. Saw a post here on cb about the app and stuck to that ever since I went os6+

06-24-12 11:18 PM
    No, I just was asking because you said the part about trusting RIM. I started thinking Sprint ... Carrier IQ ...
    06-25-12 06:28 AM
    No, I just was asking because you said the part about trusting RIM. I started thinking Sprint ... Carrier IQ ...
    haha i thought carrier iq was built into the os and not just downloaded ringtones. maybe an app but i wouldnt think ringtones, unless sprint got hella sneaky. lol
    06-25-12 10:11 AM
    Go to Blackberry App World
    Type in "Blackberry Sounds"
    Select Blackberry 5.0 Sounds
    Download (Its Free)

After the dowload is complete:
    Select "Sound Profile" on your phone
    Select "Change Sounds and Alerts"
    Select "Phone Ring Tone"
    Select "Ring Tone"
    Scroll and select "All Alerts"
    ** All the classic Blackberry 5.0 sounds are there. **

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Thank you very much!

One interesting thing. I have installed this first on my 9780 without any issue and it showed "installed" under App World in My World. With the 9900 it did install (you could select the ringer/notifier) but would not show as "installed". It was saying: "uninstalled" and you could select to: "reinstall". I have done that several times and it does show now after the reboot.

Anybody else had a similar issue?
    06-26-12 09:32 AM
    The OS 5 ringtones are the first thing I update after a new OS! I need to save that file somewhere so I dont have to keep d/l'ing it from Adam Zeis' old posting.
    06-26-12 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD