Hello everyone,

The reason I am posting is because bb 9900 is one of the most expensive phones t-mobile has. Even with full discount, it is disgusting.

Thought for past 2 weeks I have been dealing with T-mobile just so a cheap ******* like me could save some $$.

Here is what I did.

I had Individual plan. I upgraded to a family plan for 10$ more monthly. I made sure that only 1 line has unlimited text and data plan. The other line has nothing. The new line will have FULL DISCOUNT.

Find a phone on tmobile.com that sells well on ebay and that costs the least. In my case the phone was $0, retail $300+ on ebay. (they had special 3 day promotion). Once you get the phone, don't touch it, just remove the sim card and sell it as NEW. List the item for .99$ you will have 30+ bids for it.

Now call T-mobile and tell them you want to switch the numbers. First they will have no clue how to do it. You have to tell them that you want to change the number on line 1 and temporarily keep the number in their phone pool. Then assign the number to line 2.

Now with all these changes the original line that was never qualified for upgrade, will have FULL upgrade! Go on the web or store (web probably cheaper) and get the bb for FULL upgrade price.

Once you get the bb, call tmobile tell them I want to change data to BB data plan. They will tell you no prob. And now you have a bb 9900. The only down side, you are paying 10$ extra. However, anyone could use the 2nd line... with any unlocked phone.

In Summary,
    The end result will get you "2" Early FULL Upgrades.
    Last edited by slingxshot; 09-24-11 at 07:01 PM.
    09-24-11 06:45 PM
    And now that you announced this to the world Tmobile is probably already closing this loop hole
    4-hgeek likes this.
    09-24-11 10:28 PM
    And now that you announced this to the world Tmobile is probably already closing this loop hole
    I doubt the "whole" world reads this forum lol. Thanks for sharing with the crackberry folk
    09-25-11 06:46 AM
    .... Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha... LMAO... Either OP is Smart or Really Smart...

9930 - 7.0.0.XXX - on Tapatalk
    09-25-11 07:13 AM
    stup1d tmobile. so tmobile reps are now allowed go browse this forum and RIM is not. it dont matter even if they close the loop hole.. you will be always able to get new family line full upgrade... just make sure that the other line has a dumb phone. if they want to make family plans more expensive, let them go for it. they are just losing customers.
    09-25-11 08:12 AM
    why go through all that. WHy not just change to a family plan, get the new phone on the new line, switch the SIMS and eliminate data on the new line. Your contract does not require data if you aren't using a smartphone. Once you purchase the phone, you are entitled to do what you wish with the phone, including selling it or using it for another line. Wha you cannot do is cancel your contract without paying an ETF.
    09-25-11 08:26 AM
    why go through all that. WHy not just change to a family plan, get the new phone on the new line, switch the SIMS and eliminate data on the new line. Your contract does not require data if you aren't using a smartphone. Once you purchase the phone, you are entitled to do what you wish with the phone, including selling it or using it for another line. Wha you cannot do is cancel your contract without paying an ETF.
    some people dont want to lose the number.
    09-25-11 08:28 AM
    stup1d tmobile. so tmobile reps are now allowed go browse this forum and RIM is not. it dont matter even if they close the loop hole.. you will be always able to get new family line full upgrade... just make sure that the other line has a dumb phone. if they want to make family plans more expensive, let them go for it. they are just losing customers.
    RIM employees may browse where they like.

RIM isn't a carrier anyways...
    09-25-11 08:31 AM
    Thank you for letting us know about this. I have informed our management and we will ensure this is rectified and more stringent rules are applied on customers who upgrade their phone so people cannot take advantage of our services.

Jessica
    T-Mobile Operations Centre

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ROFL Funny Jessica. Cause T-Mobile management can't seem to get their collective heads out of their @$$es, but you expect us to believe that you (a CSR) is going to implement or have policy implemented across the board. You should switch careers, like go into Stand Up comedy or something. I would love to be there when you try to explain the loophole to mngt!!!

Keep us updated please!!
    09-25-11 08:36 AM
    some people dont want to lose the number.
    Number stays with the SIM, not the phone. You can put your SIM in any GSM phone, assuming it is either unlocked or the same carrier as your phone, and you'll keep your number and service.
    09-25-11 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD