I'm contemplating the move. I have an early upgrade right now and for $99 from Best Buy I can get the Bold 9930 - $50 instant rebate from signing up before Feb. 12th for Best Buy Mobile - $50 gift card = FREE.

I currently have the iPhone 4S + a lot of apps plus the Apple TV to wirelessly mirror my iPhone screen onto my TV. I also have an iMac. But, I have a BB Playbook as well.

Anyone have any advice to offer?
    02-15-12 12:44 PM
    What do you use it for. Games... stick with iphone. a good efficient communication phone... Blackberry. BTW I'm a teen and I just had a samsung galaxy S2 and switched to a BB 9900 as of yesterday and it's a BREATH OF FRESH AIR!!!!
    02-15-12 12:54 PM
    Exactly what enze said. ^^^
    02-15-12 01:13 PM
    I don't have the 4S but have the 4. The 4 stays in my drawer at home. For me, the 9900 is best but like others have said, all depends on what you want out of your phone, only you will know.
    02-15-12 01:19 PM
    Had BB9900 , sold it , bought iPhone 4s . Liked it but sold it and tried a Lumia 800 . Sold it and bought a BB9900 . Expensive exercise but at least I got it out my system. Happy to be back.
    ILUMINATIUNDEAD likes this.
    02-15-12 01:20 PM
    My most used apps are:
    Pulse News
    SoundHound
    Guitar Tabs
    Flixster
    Redbox
    TV Guide
    Red Laser
    Dropbox
    Google Translate
    Sportacular
    Watch ESPN

I have a few games but I never play them.

How does this stack up for Blackberry Appworld?

I know the Playbook is currently limited, possible much better with some approved Android apps on 2.0 once that is released.

I really enjoy the Airplay to TV feature, and the Airprint to my printer feature as well.
    02-15-12 01:57 PM
    Not so many people, I guess...
    02-15-12 02:13 PM
    I made the switch from a 4S to the 9900 about two weeks ago, and I couldn't be happier. Sure the apps on the iPhone are great, but most I can do without. The main thing I miss is the camera, unfortunately the 9900's camera doesn't come close to the camera on the 4S.

The main reason I moved was because of BBM. Here in South Africa, most teenagers have Blackberries, and not having a Blackberry meant being out of the loop. All the time. (I had a 9700 before I got my iPhone).

As for the apps on Blackberry. Let's be honest, they're not worth oo'ing over.

But in the end, the keyboard, BBM and the keyboard-touchscreen combo is what made me return to Blackberry.

Couldn't be happier.

Amen.
    02-15-12 02:19 PM
    Iphone to bb is like
    Proche carrera to bare horse riding, you will like horse for some time and when you understand that its very expensive and and with no features at all.
    You will feel It more costly.
    Iphone is good choice.
    02-15-12 02:21 PM
    I made the switch from a 4S to the 9900 about two weeks ago, and I couldn't be happier. Sure the apps on the iPhone are great, but most I can do without. The main thing I miss is the camera, unfortunately the 9900's camera doesn't come close to the camera on the 4S.

The main reason I moved was because of BBM. Here in South Africa, most teenagers have Blackberries, and not having a Blackberry meant being out of the loop. All the time. (I had a 9700 before I got my iPhone).

But in the end, the keyboard, BBM and the keyboard-touchscreen combo is what made me return to Blackberry.

Couldn't be happier.

Amen.
    Heh, seems opposite here. Everyone at my US college has been snatching up iPhones left and right and iMessage is the top means of communication.
    02-15-12 02:21 PM
    I did the switch from the ip 4 to the bb9930 and am always in two minds...hence carry both around (for now!). If you are not in need of critical email access and functions (there are very few limitations in this department but some that merit me personally needing a bb) and don't have many bbm friends, I would really suggest sticking with the 4S.
    02-15-12 03:25 PM
    I switched from iPhone 4 to BB9900. Love my BB. What made it easier is the iPad. With the iPad I get the benefit of the iOS apps and games which in my opinion are better on the iPad than iPhone, and with the BB I get the best communication device.
    02-15-12 04:08 PM
    I have both also. 9900 for my work line and the iphone4 for my personal line. I carry both all day. I honestly love BB, but the iphone is a better total experience. The iphone has the best onscreen typing experience...(I had android also )...plus the web, email and games are all fine when you set up email as exhange..they are pushed there instantly. Games, etc is a bonus.

I do like the typing experience on the 9900 better and its plenty fast...best BB yet... however, If I had to only have one,...probably honestly would the iphone and im not sheep lol

David
    02-15-12 04:36 PM
    Really wanted and tried to make the move to 9900 twice!!! Had a few problems with the devices and charging and just thought that it was no way to go about a device
    , should not have to reload and search for a leaked os, that the truth and it should be stable. Anyway as I run my own business I back to iPhone 4s and the stability of the device is a huge leap from Os7.
    I hae to say that I really am more efficient on the iPhone 4s than the 9900. No slow spinning clock, no reboots.
    Its the best option and works for me.
    02-15-12 05:21 PM
    I have both 9900 in White for work iPhone 4S for fun, I do end using the 9900 more because of the keyboard and the iPhone use it more for playing.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    BB_Phoenix likes this.
    02-15-12 06:58 PM
    I went from iPhone4 back to my Bold 9000. Looking to get a 9900 in a few weeks.
    02-15-12 07:54 PM

Couldn't be happier.

Amen.
    I have never had a iPhone. I had a 9330 and just activated my 9930. What an AWESOME phone!
    02-15-12 08:30 PM
    So I think I'll go to best buy and get my free phone... All I'm losing is an upgrade and I'll test drive it. Whichever I like better ill keep, and sell the other on eBay (both going for $300+ right now).

Plus I'd be anxious to test the 9930 with the playbook, especially when 2.0 comes out.
    02-16-12 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD