Anyone Got Any Info On The Pre-Order Status Of The Sprint Blackberry Bold 9930 ??? Sprint Reps Aren't Giving Any Details At All ...
    08-13-11 09:21 AM
    i just spoke to a store rep and they said 21st in stores and they couldnt sell it a day before , but i called a wireless lifestyles sprint store and they said as soon as they get one they will call me . also i spoke on phone to tele sales and she confirmed there in stock but just cant sell yet
    bravest1 and JUSTQUAN2 like this.
    08-13-11 09:48 AM
    Pretty sure there may not be any pre-orders on the BB Bold 9930 for Sprint. Just direct to the stores. If nothing is posted by next Tuesday, then most likely no pre-orders.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bravest1 and JUSTQUAN2 like this.
    08-13-11 10:03 AM
    Thats what i'm thinking ... Bastards (Sprint) Lol
    08-13-11 10:28 AM
    Can someone give me the number to telesales? I will call they behinds all day! I will be on the clock anyway
    08-13-11 10:41 AM
    I wonder when Bestbuy will get the 9930? In the past, their Sprint phones were normally cheaper!!! Additionally, the protection plan is way better than Sprints.
    08-13-11 10:48 AM
    I asked Sprint on their Premier community forums yesterday and was told the same thing, that Sprint hasn't released any official information and to keep checking back for updates. They also said to sign up for their "First to Buy" notifications...absolutely useless info.

I know that last year I got the 9650 about a week before the official release date...was hoping for the same with the 9930...
    08-13-11 10:51 AM
    can you please highlight the differences in the protection plans? thanks
    I wonder when Bestbuy will get the 9930? In the past, their Sprint phones were normally cheaper!!! Additionally, the protection plan is way better than Sprints.
    08-19-11 01:21 AM
    I've had the best buy protection plan and I'll just tell you right here: Don't get it.

it sound sreally attractive because if they replace your phone there's no deductable. BUT they will do everything to NOT have to replace your phone which includes sending your phone to a repair plant in texas and keeping it there for almost a month. If you can stand being without your phone for a month, then it could be worth it. They will most likely repair the phone to make it work again. But I found this inconvenience ridiculous. They gave me a loner dumbphone but the overall experience sucked.

So, I'd say just go with sprint. Even thought there's a 100 dollar or so deductible to get your phone replaced, the inconvenience of not having your phone is worth the 100 dollars.
    08-19-11 01:57 AM
    From what I've been told by Best Buy, Radio Shack and Walmart reps is that it takes at least a few weeks or longer to a brand new device from Sprint, that they like to have it exclusive to their retail stores 1st. Maybe that's one reason they allcan sell the device's for less money. And if? By chance Sprint does pull a Rogers and lowers the price within' 30 days, pretty sure Sprint would credit your account, or you can always return it within' 30 days at no charge (or less $35 restocking if your just upgrading the phone) and go to the other places if they offer better prices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 03:30 AM
    I've had the best buy protection plan and I'll just tell you right here: Don't get it.

it sound sreally attractive because if they replace your phone there's no deductable. BUT they will do everything to NOT have to replace your phone which includes sending your phone to a repair plant in texas and keeping it there for almost a month. If you can stand being without your phone for a month, then it could be worth it. They will most likely repair the phone to make it work again. But I found this inconvenience ridiculous. They gave me a loner dumbphone but the overall experience sucked.

So, I'd say just go with sprint. Even thought there's a 100 dollar or so deductible to get your phone replaced, the inconvenience of not having your phone is worth the 100 dollars.
    Yet another reason why I'm willing to pay more rather than shop at Best Buy.
    08-19-11 07:42 AM
    I can't see bestbuy providing top notch service. To me, it's all about maximizing profit.
    08-19-11 08:16 AM
    I went to BestBuy yesterday to ask about the BB 7 and they confirmed that the new devices will be available for sale on the 21st but to my surprise that store only had 2 Torches is stock and no info whatsoever on the Bold. The sales rep said they may receive more over the week-end but I thought it was odd not having any info on the Bold. Anyway, I am on the "list" at 2 Sprint stores so I hope to bet my paws on one before supply runs out
    08-19-11 08:57 AM
    I went to BestBuy yesterday to ask about the BB 7 and they confirmed that the new devices will be available for sale on the 21st but to my surprise that store only had 2 Torches is stock and no info whatsoever on the Bold. The sales rep said they may receive more over the week-end but I thought it was odd not having any info on the Bold. Anyway, I am on the "list" at 2 Sprint stores so I hope to bet my paws on one before supply runs out
    Instead of getting put on a "list" why not plan to be there when they open? I can tell you now, they aren't going to hold a phone for you because you are on some list when they can sell it someone who was there when the store opened to get the device. If you live in a small city, they will probably have stock, if you live in a large city, I suggest you make plans to be there for when they open.
    08-19-11 09:07 AM
    I've had the BB protection plan on a prior phone. They replaced my faulty phone 3x right there, no questions asked with a brand new phone out of the box. I guess it's a YMMV kind of thing. I'd use it again in a second.
    08-19-11 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD