I've only used my new 9930 for a few days and noticed my 3G reverting back to 1X, and sometimes the data signal is completely dead. This problems happens at the same exact places where my old LG/Android would work fine, ie my office, inside elevator at my apt complex, outside of my building, certain parts of a highway, etc.

I'm not sure if it's coverage that spotty, or the 9930 itself has a bad attenna. I didnt have this issue with the LG.

Should I get a replacement? I have 14 days to return it back to Best Buy.

Anyone else notice similar issue?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-04-12 09:52 AM
    Sounds like you've got a faulty device - if you had full coverage with your old Android device, then you should have coverage with the 9930. I'd get a replacement.

JB
    05-04-12 10:33 AM
    I've downloaded quite a few apps. Would I have to redownload all those? Anyway to transfer the apps?

Sounds like you've got a faulty device - if you had full coverage with your old Android device, then you should have coverage with the 9930. I'd get a replacement.

JB
    05-04-12 10:44 AM
    Make sure to do a backup through the desktop manager before going back with it and you should simply be able to restore everything when you take the new phone out of the box.

Also, before giving the old phone back, do a security wipe to protect your information.

JB
    05-04-12 10:48 AM
    Yes, this is happening to me also, I thought it was just my imagination. Some places where my 9650 had good reception the 9930 doesn't, but in places where my 9650 had bad reception the 9930 has good reception.....hummm. More research needs to be done, gotta week before my return is no longer valid
    05-04-12 10:52 AM
    I have a 9930 on Verizon and occasionally see this happen. I doesn't last longer than 30 or 60 seconds and I don't find it super disruptive. I would guess its a coverage issue but I don't know for sure.

Unless it lasts for more than a minute or happens frequently through out the day, I wouldn't swap out your phone as it's such a pain to do and might occur on your replacement anyways.
    05-04-12 10:55 AM
    I have a 9930 on Verizon and occasionally see this happen. I doesn't last longer than 30 or 60 seconds and I don't find it super disruptive. I would guess its a coverage issue but I don't know for sure.

Unless it lasts for more than a minute or happens frequently through out the day, I wouldn't swap out your phone as it's such a pain to do and might occur on your replacement anyways.
    I think it may be our location. My signal jumps all over the place out here in Portland, especially in certain areas.
    05-04-12 10:58 AM
    I've downloaded quite a few apps. Would I have to redownload all those? Anyway to transfer the apps?
    You would have to use the device switch wizard. I don't think a regular backup does anything with the apps, just the data. To do the device switch you will need both devices or at least start it on the old one and when you are told you can unplug, unplug and then get your new device and hope the process completes.

There is also a device switch wizard on the phone which will copy the files to the microSD card. I haven't used it, so I am not sure how it works.

Any apps you have downloaded from Appworld will be there to download again if the device switch wizard is not an option.
    05-04-12 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD