Ha, just got my 3rd replacement and lo and behold, the trackpad is slightly twisted and this issue but I'm going to keep this as the other 2 had major problems. As long as the battery life and audio jack works on this, I'll deal with this cosmetic issue. Maybe there will be a guide to replace this later on with some spare parts. It was pretty easy changing parts on the old bold 9000.

But just another list of complaints adding up with RIM lately.
    I'm just wondering how to even take apart the 9900 since I don't see screws like where the 9000 battery cover was.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-11 10:25 AM
    I replaced mine two times already from Telus. Once for light bleeding from the bottom plate and another for this exact same reason. The second time when Telus question me why I keep exchanging, I show them the carckberry.com web forums because they don't want to exchange it. Then after showing them this website, they agree to give a another brand new one within a week in to my new phone.

If you had issues with exchanging, show the manager or someone this site LOL
    11-14-11 10:42 AM
    i had one where the keys were not flush.. but i had mine replaced for another reason..

first one was made in mexico 4..

my replacement (brand new cause mine was considered DOA) from Rogers is made in Canada 1, and it's flawless...

the screen protector actually creates an edge now
    Mine was also made in Mexico....
    11-14-11 06:30 PM
    There is a youtube video on how to take the device apart. "TEARDOWN" was part of its title.

The bezel piece below the keyboard is just held on by probably double-sided tape revealing screws holding the keyboard. Then more screws. The interesting thing is that the screen piece slides down in a kind of track. So maybe it pops out or was not set in properly where the defect shows up.
    11-14-11 11:05 PM
    Dammit, already took one back due to speakerphone/screen issues and got another one today and it has a very "edgy" sharp panel. If I look at the phone from bottom to top it's very obvious the panel is much higher than the screen. Worth taking back?
    11-15-11 10:11 PM
    Very few panels are not raised up to some degree. If it is really pronounced I would take it back. If it isn't catching your thumb that often and the rest of the phone is fine you might want to keep it. My guess is that if it is "much higher" then you should return it. I sure did.

Dammit, already took one back due to speakerphone/screen issues and got another one today and it has a very "edgy" sharp panel. If I look at the phone from bottom to top it's very obvious the panel is much higher than the screen. Worth taking back?
    11-15-11 10:46 PM
    Re-igniting this old thread. Has anyone figured out a solution to this issue? My front call/BB/back/end single panel lifts up away from the phone at the trackpad and my thumb always catches the egde of it. Really annoying. Wish I could get the panel to stay depressed inwards or raise the trackpad. Any ideas?
    04-03-12 05:50 PM
    Try a screen protector. It might fix the issue.
    04-03-12 06:13 PM
    I just picked up a re-manufactured unit today. Mine was rebooting. The refurb has an uneven screen/button plate interface. So to all who think RIM will make a comeback, I would not be shocked to see them out of the handset market inside of a year.
    04-03-12 07:02 PM
    mine was flush. i added a zagg and now the screen is higher. lol

att 9900
    04-03-12 07:38 PM
    If you feel the fit and finish is not to your liking than I would recommend going to a different store so your less likely to be buying a unit that was made at the same time and on the same assembly line your first unit was.

In any case none of them are going to be perfect. My trackpad is a bit crooked.
    04-03-12 08:18 PM
    Trouble is, I'm well past the cooling off period so would result in a refurbished handset which I'd rather not take the risk on (everything else is working great). Was really looking for any engineering ideas around getting the panel to sit lower. I guess this may require open heart surgery to try and figure out (if I can't get my blackberry OCD dealt with ).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-04-12 07:43 AM
    If you feel the fit and finish is not to your liking than I would recommend going to a different store so your less likely to be buying a unit that was made at the same time and on the same assembly line your first unit was.

In any case none of them are going to be perfect. My trackpad is a bit crooked.
    I'm thinking not. It was a different store and 5 months later. It's minor enough to live with, and getting a 9900 is such a crapshoot I would rather take my chances that this one is at least good on the inside. Jury is out though. It was running very sluggishly this am and a battery pull sped it up, so I suspect the s*ck from the old phone might have already infected this one. I suspect I'll be going back to my 9800 soon. At least it was reliable. If this one has sh*t for battery life I'm definitely sending it back. If it has the same great battery, that's a another check in the "it's your hardware" column for people wondering why some of them s*ck the battery flat in a few hours.
    04-04-12 09:17 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD