Gents,

Hi, I used an 8900 on Tmobile for 2 years (iphone 3g before that) and really loved it, however it was so far behind the times in terms of edge only, slow processor etc. I recently switched to Sprint due to a deal / discount that I couldn't pass up. I ended up with a Photon 4g and honestly in almost all areas it is a sweet phone.

However, Ive come to find out that I cannot stand the virtual keyboard. Ive tried all the aftermarket ones but its to the point where I hate to text and I do it a lot because I always come across as an I just cannot type and the auto correct is not any better. I have been thinking about swapping for a 9930. I am not a big app guy, and the ones I do use im pretty sure are all in BB community. I am also not a gamer or frequent movie watcher so I figured it wouldn't matter.

However I am concerned about dropping back down to a 3G only phone, and heard the camera is less than desirable. Even though not an app guy, I have found that is nice to be able to click a link to a youtube video and have it instantly load and play all the way through no issue. Also the fact that android is so progressive and constantly getting new and updated stuff. I do live in a strong sprint coverage area but still 4g would be useless since the 9930 doesn't have it.

Im just wondering If Id be making a mistake sacrificing many great things about a phone just for the keyboard. Ive played with the 9930 in the store and its nice but its always on wifi there and doesn't really give a real word experience.

Thoughts from anyone are much appreciated. Thanks all
    05-03-12 01:20 AM
    The Blackberry is what it is and nothing more. The Bells and Whistles are with the new Androids. I used BB from back in the 950 days where is was just a two way pager with a track-wheel and swore I would NEVER use a virtual keyboard.

But now the iPhone 4S is good for me. It all takes time to get used to but human DO adapt!
    05-03-12 05:26 AM
    I like my bold coming from a HTC Rezound. I understand where you are coming from with the keyboard but if that's your only issue than stay where you are. The bold is a faster and more productive device foe what I do.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-03-12 05:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD