I don't know, i feel i lost all interest in other blackberrys ever since I bought my 9900, anybody else feels the same?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 06:09 AM
    Why? Is it because you love it or hate it?

09-03-11 06:11 AM
    It's gotta be the love. Haha, I hope...
    09-03-11 06:13 AM
    Why? Is it because you love it or hate it?

Because I love it of course

09-03-11 06:17 AM
    I wouldn't buy any other model since I have this one. The 9930 is a great device and the best RIM has to offer so far that's not a touch screen.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-03-11 07:05 AM
    I wouldn't buy any other model since I have this one. The 9930 is a great device and the best RIM has to offer so far that's not a touch screen.

The 9930 is a touch screen
    09-03-11 07:06 AM
    I am afraid that I found that it was not all that I expected. After going back and forth between the Galaxy S2 and the 9900, I found myself using the 9900 less and less until I just could not do it anymore.

I know that die hard RIMM users will not understand, I have been using nothing but RIM all the way back to the old 950 days, most of you were not born! LOL!

I am surprised but I choose to use what I like the most and I am SURE NOT waiting on QNX!
    09-03-11 07:10 AM
    I am afraid that I found that it was not all that I expected. After going back and forth between the Galaxy S2 and the 9900, I found myself using the 9900 less and less until I just could not do it anymore.

I know that die hard RIMM users will not understand, I have been using nothing but RIM all the way back to the old 950 days, most of you were not born! LOL!

I am surprised but I choose to use what I like the most and I am SURE NOT waiting on QNX!
    Fair enough but it's not what I asked is it? Why do you have to bring android into the discussion?
    09-03-11 07:24 AM
    The 9930 is a touch screen
    I assume he meant "full touch"
    09-03-11 07:25 AM
    I totally agree. I lost interest in my old phone instantly. Sadly, now I even try to use my netbook as a touchscreen. Oops.

belfastdispatcher likes this.
    09-03-11 07:50 AM
    Yep definitely not interested in anything but the 9900, which i now have unlike greg i cant put down my 9900 and i have a galaxy S2 myself which im about to sell...in fact its sat in my drawer gathering dust...has been since i bought it a month ago.

Dunno why but as behind OS7 is compared to Android, it keeps my attention far more than Android...i find Android absolutely boring, even my ip4 got more use than the Galaxy S2.

But each to their own.
    09-03-11 08:06 AM
    I was never interested in any other upcoming bb's anyhow. This is the perfect form factor for me so the full touch isn't appealing. I've pretty much been waiting for this device since I left last year for Android. This is the only device I knew of that could bring me back to bb.

09-03-11 08:38 AM
    As an early adopter to the Storm 1, my first blackberry ever (can you say baptism by fire?) and switching over to the storm 2, that died suddenly last week after only 13 months, I have never known the joy of the optical mouse pad and a good physical keyboard on a BB. Although, I am missing the full screen, especially in landscape mode, the clear crisp graphics, easy pinch and squeeze zoom, super fast processor and finally a respectable browser, with fast paging, I am willing to forgo the larger screen without too many regrets.

Battery pulls or resets have only been required after adding or deleting apps., not like the storm routine of 2 or 3 per day, and now boot up is completed in 2 minutes instead of the 10 or 15 minutes that I had to endure with the storm. Also memory lags and my fat fingers caused much typing errors. Still getting used to the physical keyboard and I like it, and the optical mouse gets me right to the link without me jumping around which happened all the time on the storm.

My only complaint has nothing to do with RIM or the hardware. It is the slow updates of OS 7 compatible versions for many excellent apps that App world now tells me are "Unavailable for this device" which ran just fine ont he storm. Some of those apps are Dragon for e-mail, Iheart radio, Pandora (are you kidding me!!!!), Salesforce mobile, Scanlife barcode reader, Stitcher, Weatherbug, Where and YP-Yellow pages. I know that many of these apps should be updated soon by the 3rd party suppliers, I know from emailing Pandora that an OS 7 version is being worked on. For the others I am researching and testing looking for alternative versions and some apps simply have gone under, but so it goes.

My Storm 1 one is a decent offline Media Player now and my Storm 2 is a brick and cannot be revived so I will probably dissect it just for the fun of it to see how it was put together. RIP Storm but no regrets on the new Bold 9930.
    09-03-11 08:55 AM
    Ever since I got my 9900, I have lost interest in all my other devices, and I do have a lot of them. I don't even use my PB much anymore. I love this device. My 9800 feels like so big, heavy, and slow that I don't even play around with it anymore. I haven't swapped SIM's with any of my Droid phones on the weekend, which is what I use to do. Blackberry for weekday business, Android for weekends, now it's 9900 all the time. Loving this device. For me, it is now an all in one device.

09-03-11 09:23 AM

um, what does this thread have anything to do with your SGII? we all know the decision you made. you hi jack every thread with your decision. no one here cares anymore.
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    09-03-11 09:25 AM
    I did! whenever I see a new BB released like the 9860 it doesn't even interest me the least bit!

I am loving this upgrade the most! I never felt so happy and overwhelmed about a BB upgrade like this one!

RIM finally gave us a dream device, a 9000 form factor with upgraded guts!!!!!!
    ^ It is for this reason RIM should focus on fewer devices.

The Pearl? Ditch it.

The Flip? Ditch it.

The Curve? Ditch it.

Seriously; make 1 keyboard phone and 1 full touch. Make both of them TOP OF THE LINE and don't get distracted trying to make so many devices.
    09-03-11 10:08 AM
    I've never really had much interest in any other BB!

09-03-11 12:08 PM
    I feel the same. The wait for the UK release date created an exciting, but completely mental persona in myself.

Now that it's over, and I have the best Blackberry device, I'm bored now.
    09-03-11 12:11 PM
    I've lost all interest in other BBs but not because I love this one.
    09-03-11 12:27 PM
    ^ It is for this reason RIM should focus on fewer devices.

The Pearl? Ditch it.

The Flip? Ditch it.

The Curve? Ditch it.

Seriously; make 1 keyboard phone and 1 full touch. Make both of them TOP OF THE LINE and don't get distracted trying to make so many devices.
    I have to disagree, the Pearl is the only blackberry my wife would use, she upgraded from an old pearl to the pearl 3g even though I offered her my spare 9700.

The curve is the one all teenagers can afford. There's a BB for everyone.
    09-03-11 01:54 PM
    I used to buy a phone and almost immediately start looking for a new one until I got my 9930. Every day I like this phone more and more! I always said if I could have a good sized phone for my big hands with a keyboard as good as the 9000 and a touch screen with a screen as sharp and clear as an iphone I would buy it.......the 9930 has exceeded my expectations! Sold my Incredible, sold my iphone 4 and am happily enjoying my 9930! No interest in any other phone.

09-03-11 03:17 PM
    After 2 days of intense use of my new 9930 I do see why you all love it. My first BB was the Storm which I upgraded to a Storm2. I really liked the latter phone. There are a few things I miss and depending on whether I can live without them, I may return this and get the Torch touchsceen if Verizon releases it soon enough:

1. I miss typing in landscape mode. It makes typing while laying on my back possible I cannot do it on the 9930.
    2. I miss holding down shift for all caps and holding down the num key for all numbers.
    3. I miss the big screen.

I love the new browser, the touch pad and OS 7, but I will get all of these and the 3 things I miss on the 9860.

09-03-11 04:34 PM
    I love the 9900 but I also miss the compactness of the 9700/9780...however the 9900 keyboard is to die for and it would tough to go back I think.
    09-03-11 04:42 PM
    Personally, the torch doesnt impress me. Im not a fan od sliders and touch together. But the 9860 is a sleek device, if i didnt have a 9900 id probably buy the 9860.
    09-03-11 05:09 PM
    I absolutely love my 9900 bold. The only thing I miss is 2 apps that was on the android rather than on the BB. But never fear! I shan't leave BB. I shall find alternatives!

ps. the apps I'm looking for is TV Guide app for the UK and another one is a rubix cube solver app I love to wow people with my fake knowledge of solving the blasted cube.
    09-03-11 07:11 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD