if yes, what do you use it on? elaborate. thx in advance.
    07-16-12 08:47 AM
    Not that lucky yet
    07-16-12 04:17 PM
    I've used it for the NFC music gateway pairing, bbm contact invitation, and I have a couple of nfc tags (that I haven't programmed yet). The nfc music gateway is pretty nice since you can pair with a simple touch instead of that BT search, connect, pair stuff.
    07-16-12 04:50 PM
    Used it to share pictures by sending -- tag... all I have to do is put the two phones back to back and I instantly receive the file
    It did have problems sending multiple selected files though... assume NFC teething problems as it is a fairly new technology.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-16-12 05:52 PM
    I use it to send things via tag to my girlfriend's 9900. It's good although does fail from time to time...
    07-16-12 06:15 PM
    07-17-12 10:37 AM
    Oh if only T-Mobile would activate NFC for the 9900! The phones have the antenna but no activation.
    07-17-12 11:25 AM
    I have a few tags setup to launch this site and also turn BT wifi & BB bridge on / off.

I want to use it for small purchases but seems it's a no go at the mo.
    07-17-12 12:54 PM
    i know some store like duane reade where they have some kinda reader where you tap your credit card and it automatically deduct of your bank account. is that like nfc reader?
    07-17-12 01:15 PM
    i know some store like duane reade where they have some kinda reader where you tap your credit card and it automatically deduct of your bank account. is that like nfc reader?
    I think so. My bank has that aswell as stickers for the back of non NFC phones that they can use in the bank.

I'm waiting for the bank to fully adopt the actual phone method.

I started a thread about this plus more recently but no posts yet. NFC needs to get going soon I'm hoping.
    07-17-12 01:55 PM
    nopee.
    but will be buying tags and getting the nfc launcher app anytime soon!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry app
    07-17-12 01:55 PM
    Just recently started messing with NFC
    Have a tag in the car to turn on bluetooth for the hands free and also am working on having 2 tags under the flap of the envelope case for my playbook to turn on/off bluetooth and connect/disconnect bridge......no luck yet but enjoying the challenge. May have to resort to an add in.

Edit - Just noticed post #8. Ben 1232 if you can point me in the direction of the instructions for how you setup your Bridge tags I would be grateful. I have shortcutme and NFC shortcuts. Ta
    Last edited by bigstevenc; 07-18-12 at 06:16 AM.
    07-18-12 06:11 AM
    Just recently started messing with NFC
    Have a tag in the car to turn on bluetooth for the hands free and also am working on having 2 tags under the flap of the envelope case for my playbook to turn on/off bluetooth and connect/disconnect bridge......no luck yet but enjoying the challenge. May have to resort to an add in.

Edit - Just noticed post #8. Ben 1232 if you can point me in the direction of the instructions for how you setup your Bridge tags I would be grateful. I have shortcutme and NFC shortcuts. Ta
    Hey,

Vijik set up a couple of tags for me. They're similar to what you want. Here's the link.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/index12.html

EDIT: I just saw your edit as I posted hehe. Near perfect timing. Hope it goes well.
    Last edited by Ben1232; 07-18-12 at 06:22 AM.
    bigstevenc likes this.
    07-18-12 06:19 AM
    Thanks Ben

Will have a look when I get home. I think the safe mode scenario may solve the problems I was having.
    07-18-12 06:40 AM
    I've used it for the NFC music gateway pairing, bbm contact invitation, and I have a couple of nfc tags (that I haven't programmed yet). The nfc music gateway is pretty nice since you can pair with a simple touch instead of that BT search, connect, pair stuff.
    Just got my Music Gateway last week and this was my 1st time using NFC. Looking into getting some NFC tags as we speak. The Gateway is an awesome device too. In 1 night of having family over we had it paired to my Bold, the Wife's Curve, 2 iPhones, 2 PlayBooks, and iPod touch, and a 3 year old Android phone running Cupcake 1.5. It worked flawlessly on all devices.

(but only I was able to do the tap to connect
    Also got someone to dump a nook in favor of the PlayBook while they were there. They told me it doesn't have anywhere near the amount or quality of apps on it compared to the PlayBook. Haha
    Last edited by axllebeer; 07-18-12 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Spelling
    07-18-12 09:59 PM
    where could we get some NFC tags?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9981
    07-18-12 10:30 PM

I found this from another thread. Looks good I will be ordering some soon myself.

NFC tags, labels, and stickers. - tagstand

It was also stated in that same thread that we should stick to the ultralight tags because the other ones there may not be readable with a BlackBerry.

More information here too:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...as-all-659273/
    Last edited by axllebeer; 07-18-12 at 10:45 PM.
    07-18-12 10:39 PM

Or just google

buy Mifare +Ultralight NFC tags

and make sure you stay away from Mifare Classic and Mifare 1K tags. These are currently guaranteed not supported tags.

FYI:
    Supported NFC tags are listed in the answer for question 2 in the link below:
    NFCShortcuts | Fonware FAQ
    07-19-12 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD