Hey, does anybody have some inside info on an extended battery for the 99xx series? Would love to get my hands on one ASAP(when released of course).
    09-07-11 10:27 AM
    Nothing yet... We're all waiting but I'm sure seidio is coming up with something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 10:46 AM
    Couldn't live with the added bulk that those extended batteries have
    decypher44 likes this.
    09-07-11 10:53 AM
    Sorry, i seriously dont know what guys have with re to the battery life. It takes me easly over 72 hrs at light use, 48 hrs moderate and still 36+ heavy use. Which only happens whilst travelling. Wifi on, BT on, GPS off, Screen 10, Autodim off and 10 sec screen shut down.

Lucky you guys are not on iDiot4 Phones, than you cld cry.... moderate to heavy use and the fun is over between 12 to 8 hrs. (dumped one, after only ONE DAY of use, it ran out of juice within 5.5 hrs in Qatar's literally middle of nowhere, was fully charged and used all battery saving settings you only can think off) ... i can tell you THAT sucks and i lost >50% fm its overexpensive UAE retail price just to get rid of that rubbish girly phone. (difficult enough, i can tell you)

Lucky me, my Pearl didnt let me down... which was running already 3 full days and still 60% remaining, Certainly the 9900 cld do better but i think its still on the 'bright' side and a bulky piggy pack is not an option, for me.

Cheerio
    Martin
    09-07-11 11:15 AM
    Everyone,

I am in communication with the guys at Mugen power quite a bit on Twitter and directed him to this site (this forum, specifically) so they could see the requests for bigger batteries and complaints of phones dying too quickly due to the small-ish stock battery.
    09-07-11 11:19 AM
    Sorry, i seriously dont know what guys have with re to the battery life. It takes me easly over 72 hrs at light use, 48 hrs moderate and still 36+ heavy use. Which only happens whilst travelling. Wifi on, BT on, GPS off, Screen 10, Autodim off and 10 sec screen shut down.

Lucky you guys are not on iDiot4 Phones, than you cld cry.... moderate to heavy use and the fun is over between 12 to 8 hrs. (dumped one, after only ONE DAY of use, it ran out of juice within 5.5 hrs in Qatar's literally middle of nowhere, was fully charged and used all battery saving settings you only can think off) ... i can tell you THAT sucks and i lost >50% fm its overexpensive UAE retail price just to get rid of that rubbish girly phone. (difficult enough, i can tell you)

Lucky me, my Pearl didnt let me down... which was running already 3 full days and still 60% remaining, Certainly the 9900 cld do better but i think its still on the 'bright' side and a bulky piggy pack is not an option, for me.

Cheerio
    Martin
    In my country these are called half truths.
    09-07-11 11:51 AM
    I'd love to see one too! The 1230mAh is weak for a phone like the 9900/9930 (considering it's a Blackberry, of course).
    No, really, its a great battery. It lasts 72 hours.
    09-07-11 11:52 AM
    Everyones idea of good battery life is different. I'm a little disappointed that I have to charge every night, but compared to my android phones, this is like a lifetime. If anyone releases an extended battery in the same size I'll get one, but no way I'm going to destroy the great look and feel of the stock size device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-07-11 11:55 AM
    Everyone,

I am in communication with the guys at Mugen power quite a bit on Twitter and directed him to this site (this forum, specifically) so they could see the requests for bigger batteries and complaints of phones dying too quickly due to the small-ish stock battery.
    That is good thing. I don't care about added bulk but more about addednuse without a charger. 2000mah would be killer
    09-07-11 12:07 PM
    Usually they can go a few hundred mAh higher in capacity and keep the same sized battery as stock. Might be nice to pick up when seidio comes out with them.
    decypher44 likes this.
    09-07-11 12:16 PM
    I had the Seidio 2600 for my Tour and 9650. I was looking forward to a release for the 9930. Now that I have used the the 9930 for a while, I'm pretty satisfied with the battery life of the stock battery. That and the fact that I can use a case for my phone makes the extended battery an impulse buy, if I buy one at all.
    09-07-11 01:33 PM
    Usually they can go a few hundred mAh higher in capacity and keep the same sized battery as stock. Might be nice to pick up when seidio comes out with them.
    Exactly, I'm waiting for one a little bigger but not in size.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 01:49 PM
    Please email them at [email protected] because they are looking for market response from us before make one.
    09-07-11 01:56 PM
    why a need for an external battery? why not just buy a second battery and change it when needed.
    granted youll have to swap them to charge until a battery only charger comes along, but i wouldnt exactly call that hard work..
    09-07-11 02:04 PM
    If you're having battery issues, you either have a defective battery or you're running apps that are draining the battery in the background. My 9930 is amazing.

7am to 11pm running BES and still at 50%+ end of day.
    09-07-11 02:20 PM
    I'd rather a holster with a built in battery be designed. Something like this https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=jImuXCuQ but the bottom being solid and have a built in charger dock. A battery can be built into the form of the charger (or as an extra removeable) and slowly charge the battery in the phone as its in the holster. When charging at night, could have a mini-usb hub in the holster that can charge both the Blackberry as well as backup battery in the holster
    09-07-11 03:15 PM
    That would be a whole lot of inserts/removals on the usb port and charging nodule in the holster. If anything, a replacement back door with an extra 1000mah built in would be sweet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-07-11 03:25 PM
    Please email them at [email protected] because they are looking for market response from us before make one.
    I have done so. I encourage others to do so also. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

To those who imply that people who need more battery capacity are somehow doing something wrong, I don't wish to start a flame war, but this is a rather arrogant assertion. The 9900 is a smartphone, and as such many people have many different uses for them. Some, like myself, use them rather heavily and have chosen Blackberries precisely because of their famed battery lives. This model falls short of RIM's usual standards in this regard, for SOME people.

I routinely shut down applications that I'm not using; I turn off bluetooth, wifi when I'm out (but on when I'm in to save battery),GPS and even 3G; I use an IM app with push and I've turned the backlight right down and enabled dimming. Even so, the battery only just barely lasts until the end of the day. My old 8900 lasted a bit longer with the stock battery and had just a bit more battery capacity, so this is consistent and so I don't think my battery is faulty. It does last me the whole day, yes. But I would like a little extra to tide me over, should unforeseen circumstances occur, such as an emergency. In this day and age I don't think it should be necessary to be told to carry around a charger or a spare battery if I have the money to buy a premium one.

If others are satisfied with their battery life with their individual usage pattern, then I'm happy for them. But I fail to see the point in them coming here and implying that those who require more capacity are delluded, or excessive/lax in their phone usage habits. This is a subjective and relative matter for individual assessment, and individuals will define their own needs. Surely this thread is intended for those who want to discuss their premium battery options, rather than to be told we're mad for wanting to do so?
    jc5977 and mssca like this.
    09-07-11 04:50 PM
    In my country these are called half truths.
    Thanks a lot! I just laughed way too loud and my co-workers are looking at me funny.
    09-07-11 05:28 PM

Done and done. Thanks!!!
    09-07-11 05:32 PM
    Oh, and my need for a longer-lasting battery didn't really come until the other day. Long-story-short, my 9 yo accidentally fried my iPod. I had that sucker for a while (1st 5th Gen iPod).

Just got a 32gb msdhc, and listening to music all day, plus calls, texts, bbms, fb, web, email, games..... well, the battery runs out.
    09-07-11 05:36 PM
    I have done so. I encourage others to do so also. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

To those who imply that people who need more battery capacity are somehow doing something wrong, I don't wish to start a flame war, but this is a rather arrogant assertion. The 9900 is a smartphone, and as such many people have many different uses for them. Some, like myself, use them rather heavily and have chosen Blackberries precisely because of their famed battery lives. This model falls short of RIM's usual standards in this regard, for SOME people.

I routinely shut down applications that I'm not using; I turn off bluetooth, wifi when I'm out (but on when I'm in to save battery),GPS and even 3G; I use an IM app with push and I've turned the backlight right down and enabled dimming. Even so, the battery only just barely lasts until the end of the day. My old 8900 lasted a bit longer with the stock battery and had just a bit more battery capacity, so this is consistent and so I don't think my battery is faulty. It does last me the whole day, yes. But I would like a little extra to tide me over, should unforeseen circumstances occur, such as an emergency. In this day and age I don't think it should be necessary to be told to carry around a charger or a spare battery if I have the money to buy a premium one.

If others are satisfied with their battery life with their individual usage pattern, then I'm happy for them. But I fail to see the point in them coming here and implying that those who require more capacity are delluded, or excessive/lax in their phone usage habits. This is a subjective and relative matter for individual assessment, and individuals will define their own needs. Surely this thread is intended for those who want to discuss their premium battery options, rather than to be told we're mad for wanting to do so?
    If I had a choice, I would want my 9930 to be thicker and heavier if that meant bigger/longer lasting battery.
    My comment that batteries could be defective or power draining apps are pointed at those who are claiming only 4 to 6 hours before going dead.
    If you are lasting all day, then you're good. We all should be happy we can carry an extra battery along with us unlike the iPhone. They're the ones who are really screwed.

As for a larger battery or a higher capacity one, I'm all for that. RIM didn't leave much room.
    09-07-11 07:23 PM
    If I had a choice, I would want my 9930 to be thicker and heavier if that meant bigger/longer lasting battery.
    My comment that batteries could be defective or power draining apps are pointed at those who are claiming only 4 to 6 hours before going dead.
    If you are lasting all day, then you're good. We all should be happy we can carry an extra battery along with us unlike the iPhone. They're the ones who are really screwed.

As for a larger battery or a higher capacity one, I'm all for that. RIM didn't leave much room.
    I wasn't targetting my comments at any one person, but at the general feeling of multiple comments in this thread ;-)

It's just that there are a ton of threads dealing with who gets what out of their battery; we've heard it all by now. I think the amount of threads and posts on that is testament enough to the fact that batteries have fallen short of a lot of people's expectations. As you say, RIM didn't leave much room. I agree though, that someone who only gets 4-6 hours either has a faulty battery or haven't optimised their settings.

The fact that I can last a day, yeah....it means my battery isn't faulty. But I still want more. In a world of iPhones and Android, perhaps we Blackberry users have become somewhat spoilt? Lol
    09-07-11 07:43 PM
    I wasn't targetting my comments at any one person, but at the general feeling of multiple comments in this thread ;-)

It's just that there are a ton of threads dealing with who gets what out of their battery; we've heard it all by now. I think the amount of threads and posts on that is testament enough to the fact that batteries have fallen short of a lot of people's expectations. As you say, RIM didn't leave much room. I agree though, that someone who only gets 4-6 hours either has a faulty battery or haven't optimised their settings.

The fact that I can last a day, yeah....it means my battery isn't faulty. But I still want more. In a world of iPhones and Android, perhaps we Blackberry users have become somewhat spoilt? Lol
    Actually there is some truth to that. For example, Blackberry's are very frugal when it comes to data usage. When I travel internationally with my colleagues, Blackberry users are using a fraction of iPhone and Androids. It's all about Dollars and Sense.
    09-07-11 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD