So I have decided, due to vodafone not replacing my device because I don't have a reciept, to send it to a third party repair centre, who said that their is a 50% chance they can fix it, I think they said they were going to replace the logic board, but anyway, if it does come back working, have we got any news on the bricking from RIM? and updates of any sort?
    12-22-11 05:36 PM
    RIM has confirmed that they have f****d up this time...
    they are sorry and they will release some OS update in future which will prevent bricking 9900 thereafter...
    they are investigating....
    be patient..
    http://crackberry.com/rim-confirms-i...oftware-update
    12-22-11 05:59 PM
    I understand that I have to be patient, it's just that it has been over a month, and I will have to pay �130 to get mine fixed, and don't want to have to pay it again if it happens.
    12-22-11 06:11 PM
    I understand that I have to be patient, it's just that it has been over a month, and I will have to pay �130 to get mine fixed, and don't want to have to pay it again if it happens.
    then call/ write to your local RIM care center about your problem,
    they won't listen...
    but you will feel good.
    explain them that you just need to know about if there exist any software which can fix some hardware problem...
    when will RIM release it for public.
    12-22-11 06:16 PM
    I didn't even know there were care centers? are the any in the UK?
    12-22-11 06:27 PM
    Carphone Warehouse, Redington UK.
    12-22-11 06:36 PM
    RIM is soo F-up. If they know there is this problem with their phones, Y not recall them and change it fro the right one.......
    Oh well it seems like we have seen the last of rim
    12-22-11 09:04 PM
    RIM is soo F-up. If they know there is this problem with their phones, Y not recall them and change it fro the right one.......
    Oh well it seems like we have seen the last of rim

Yup, they f-up nearly all OS7 devices. Yup, they are late in getting a fix out. But recall?

Seems to me that there have been other instances of other phones having problems and they didn't recall.

RIM's delay in sending out the fix is a problem, a huge one at that, but I don't believe this rises to the level of a recall.
    12-23-11 02:34 AM
    I'd say vodafone is the one that screwed this up. Since when do you need a receipt for an over-the-phone exchange? Did you buy it used?

Sent from my Big Red BlackBerry 9930
    12-23-11 03:49 PM
    Yes, I bought it second hand, well, third hand apparently, as I contacted the seller asking for a receipt, and they said that they got it off ebay and said they would contact that seller for the receipt, they got no reply.
    12-23-11 04:29 PM
    If you aren't the original buyer I don't think any warranty applies.

Sent from my Big Red BlackBerry 9930
    12-23-11 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD