I wonder if we will ever see a new firmware release in the nearer future. Coming from a 9700 with snappy OS5, my new 9900 drives me crazy with its battery issues and slow OS7. Btw, I am on 7.0.0.353
    09-30-11 03:40 AM
    Oh, OS7 is slow?? No way. You are the minority here my friend. Most people here will tell you their 9900/30 is as fast a lightning and while they'd update to a new firmware revision, it's not needed. The 9900 is perfect.
    Back to reality, the new firmware is up beyond .449 but there have been a few issues here and there. Look for a new leak soon. )
    09-30-11 05:11 AM
    I wonder if we will ever see a new firmware release in the nearer future. Coming from a 9700 with snappy OS5, my new 9900 drives me crazy with its battery issues and slow OS7. Btw, I am on 7.0.0.353
    This dude is bananas. OS 7 is sooo fast in comparison.
    Last edited by robtanz; 09-30-11 at 05:21 AM.
    09-30-11 05:19 AM
    coming from a bold on os5 he reckons 9900 on os7 is slow
    he is surely having a laugh ?
    09-30-11 05:59 AM
    Yeah, I miss my snappy os5 8350i. I dont have as much free time now that os7 does what i ask it to do immediately. I miss the waiting on apps and reboots os5 provided me. And thankfully Protect wasnt even available.
    curlyt1, OniBerry, Spawn12 and 1 others like this.
    09-30-11 06:04 AM
    My 9900 has quite a bit of lag as well honestly. I'm on 353 and lots of things seem to "hang" for just a few seconds here and there. Like if I press the call button after entering a number I can count to 3 or 4 before it switches to the calling screen and starts doing it's thing. If I get impatient and press the call button again, it will actually try to dial the number a second time and I get the call failed message and the 3 upwards tones, but the first call is progressing fine in the background and doesn't seem to cause issues beyond that.

App world is pretty slow to load and generally overall I run into "hiccups" where it just pauses and sometimes brings up the clock doing something that appears mundane.

Most likely a mix of software not getting along, but I will say that my 9700 never had any of these little delays in simple apps like the dialer. Hoping that a newer build will help things overall with it, and of course some extra battery life would be appreciated.
    marco1710 likes this.
    09-30-11 06:43 AM
    That's exactly what I'm experiencing.
    09-30-11 08:32 AM
    Back up your device in DM, do a complete wipe of the device, re-load the OS then restore all your info from DM...that should fix your lagging problems...also try and install all your apps one by one to see where it begins to lag...it could very well be an app causing you lag issues.
    09-30-11 08:36 AM
    I agree with hatax and marco1710. I am getting slowdowns in the same areas they described. Slow appworld, slow connecting and disconnecting calls, occasional hourglassing here and there. OS just feels "unpolished" overall, like its feature complete but unoptimized. Yes, I've already wiped and reloaded .353 and yes, these slowdowns are present immediately. In addition the browser suffers occasional crashes and has issues with text reflow and scrolling/pinchzoom. If I had known the browser was that buggy and that there are basically zero apps validated for OS7 I probably would not have bought the phone.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    09-30-11 08:40 AM
    I agree with hatax and marco1710. I am getting slowdowns in the same areas they described. Slow appworld, slow connecting and disconnecting calls, occasional hourglassing here and there. OS just feels "unpolished" overall, like its feature complete but unoptimized. Yes, I've already wiped and reloaded .353 and yes, these slowdowns are present immediately. In addition the browser suffers occasional crashes and has issues with text reflow and scrolling/pinchzoom. If I had known the browser was that buggy and that there are basically zero apps validated for OS7 I probably would not have bought the phone.
    Sorry to hear that but mine is rock solid, no slowdowns or anything...im running 353 myself and its a god send.

You could try downgrading to 295 or even 261 as some people have said those OS's are perfect for their devices.

Or you could get the device replaced as it could be faulty.
    09-30-11 08:43 AM
    I have run on 7.0.0.353 too,
    Very fast os (absolutely more than os5,6 on my old device)
    Never update os since I have bought this phone.I can see
    A loading clock only when loading apps and install apps.
    Today in the evening I was chating with friends in fb,while
    I downloading song ,and surfing on 4-5 webs and listen to
    A song at the sameTime no lag happen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-11 08:48 AM
    Turning the compression off seemed to speed mine up a lot! I don't think its needed on devices with larger memories anyway!
    09-30-11 08:51 AM
    353 is the worst OS for the 9900, not only is it buggy, has a serious zoom level bug in the Video Camera. But it has the worst battery life

261 is the best one. no bugs at all, good connection signal, and the BEST battery life!

I doubled my battery life literally just by using 7.0.0.261

So I started trying every OS out there for 2 days and they were all crap, which made me think that this is just how the phone is, until someone recommended me to try OS 7.0.0.261, and there was the huge difference!

My phone easily lasts 1-5 to 2 days.

I am on day 2 now and my battery life is still 35% and I am an above average user.

261 has been the best in terms of battery life for me and has 0 errors.

I did also upgrade to BBM 6.0.1.15 from the Beta Zone

I recommend you try it, and you will definitely thank me for it.

MeterBerry screenshot on day 2:

Click to view quoted image

Download 7.0.0.261

Ensure you have no other OS installed on your PC from the control panel / Programs & Features

Install the above OS

Then delete the Vendor.xml file which is usually located in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader

Backup your phone first using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Download and install BBSAK

Run BBSAK and wipe your device

Now install the new OS using Loader.exe which is usually located in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader

After the installation is done, restore your backup by launching BlackBerry Desktop Software again
    LOLwut?? there is no zoom level on the video camera on the 9900...i guess it depends really i found 353 to be the best OS for my 9900 and ive tried both 296 and even 261 which werent all that compared to the 353.

Also id appreciate it if you didnt spam my pm box with your website details...
    09-30-11 09:29 AM
    Danger Mouse UK who I believe works for Vodafone said in a post in another thread last week that a 4xx update from Vodafone was imminent
    09-30-11 10:50 AM
    My battery is okay but I do agree with you on the surprising slowness of the OS 7....
    When I installed OS 6 on my 9700 I was delighted with the speed. So you can imagine how disappointed I've been with the OS 7 I'm actually on my 3rd 9900 now and not one has been "snappy" as I see so many talking about on the forums.
    09-30-11 12:45 PM
    This almost exactly what I'm experiencing too and although I love the size of the 9900 and the keyboard is easy to use, I'm just so disappointed
    anon(3488839) likes this.
    09-30-11 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD