Android, IOS see continued growth in US at cost of RIM.....accd to BGR.

Crackberry never write the truth esp about bad side of BB. The rumor about the delay in release of BB 9900 is really pissing me off. I started to believe that RIM is comprised of nothing but moronic a$$holes. Blackberry is becoming a sinking ship. If they are not ready for OS7 ....pls give us damn 9900 hardware with OS6......OS7 is basically OS6 with some cosmetic change in icons...thats all. How can RIM dare to launch 9900 in sept along with iphone5........will be slaughtered.
    06-05-11 10:17 AM
    This is not the place for your rant.
    06-05-11 05:58 PM
    This is a site for BB enthusiasts. If RIM is neck and neck with Apple now (they are) without having any new handsets they'll do fine when the 9900's hit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-11 06:12 PM
    RIM is also growing. Viewed on it's own, RIM's growth and profits have been good, but compared to iOS and Android, yes, it's not growing as quickly. The smartphone market is growing so fast, there's plenty of share to be had by all at the moment.
    06-05-11 07:25 PM
    lol at saying RIM is on the same level as Apple...Apple has 1 phone out...RIM has 10 or more?

Android is dominating the market...and has a HUGE share and has only been out for 3 years~ literally almost a phone for anyone out there has Android running on it.
    06-05-11 09:19 PM
    I am just sick of the delays!!!!! Why does it always seem that RIM is playing catch up. We need them to start pushing power devices like the 9900 and marketing them to power users whose main concern is productivity. It seems they have accepted Apple and Androids premise of flashy devices vs hardcore speed and productivity. It appears innovation is leaving RIM and they are only providing alternatives to competitors products.
    06-06-11 06:58 AM
    Oh, looki here....another RIM is dying/fading/losing market share/losing the government support/failing the consumer market post! WHAT A SHOCK!!!!!!!!!

I need some tea.....
    homer1475 likes this.
    06-06-11 07:14 AM
    IOS is boring and bland, Android is awesome but manufacturers need to design more portrait keyboard phones with Android (The Moto Charm blows, but there's the HTC Chachacha which is unlikely to hit Canada). I'm fine with Blackberry, does the job best with socializing better than Android does.
    06-06-11 09:57 AM
    Android, IOS see continued growth in US at cost of RIM.....accd to BGR.

Crackberry never write the truth esp about bad side of BB. The rumor about the delay in release of BB 9900 is really pissing me off. I started to believe that RIM is comprised of nothing but moronic a$$holes. Blackberry is becoming a sinking ship. If they are not ready for OS7 ....pls give us damn 9900 hardware with OS6......OS7 is basically OS6 with some cosmetic change in icons...thats all. How can RIM dare to launch 9900 in sept along with iphone5........will be slaughtered.
    LMFAO are you for real???...are you that angry at RIM???...seriously??...wow just wow.
    06-06-11 10:12 AM
    Oh, looki here....another RIM is dying/fading/losing market share/losing the government support/failing the consumer market post! WHAT A SHOCK!!!!!!!!!

I need some tea.....
    Oh, looki here.....another blind, ignore the facts, incapable of thinking for themselves, RIM is god follower. What a shock!!!!!!

I am a die hard BB user. I vowed years ago to never have any other brand of phone. I am simply looking at the facts and not turning a blind eye.
    06-06-11 11:22 AM
    Oh, looki here.....another blind, ignore the facts, incapable of thinking for themselves, RIM is god follower. What a shock!!!!!!

I am a die hard BB user. I vowed years ago to never have any other brand of phone. I am simply looking at the facts and not turning a blind eye.
    The difference between you and me is simply this....I attack the post, not the poster. So let's take your post, shall we?

What your post fails to discuss about my phone usage is plenty, so facts are lacking there.

Your post displays a lack of study on the trends in the market. Otherwise, there would have been discussion on the fact that you would have ascertained that in an expanding market with new entrants it is inevitable that an established company will lose market share in favour of new entrants. The market is expanding, but it is finite.

What the post displays is the Chicken Little school of thinking that has been the dominant ideology where individuals without any knowledge of the market take any little blip and turn them into "the sky is falling" posts. Of these, there are several a week.

Your post is further wrong about the RIM is god statement - that would be the Church of Apple with Jobs as the Pope.

What you don't know is that I do in fact study the facts - RIM is losing market share in an expanding market with new entrants where they have not had a handset release in a while yet continue to return *net profits* in the millions. I would like for you to take a look at that phrase - they continue to return *net profits* in the millions.

I am perfectly capable of thinking for myself, and in doing so, I choose the platform from a tried and true manufacturer that continues to expand in profits. I don't go into the nearest blog or most popular pseudo economist on the latest TV or radio sound bite.

If you vowed years ago never to have another phone, how can you label me a blind, ignore the facts, incapable of thinking for myself RIM follower?!?!? I choose the phone that works for me. Seems to me it is *you* who blindly follows RIM, given your vow never to try another platform. The only platform I have yet to try is Symbian - if it were available in the US on a phone that caught my eye, I'd try it.

So....you who vowed never to use another brand of phone....care to discuss who is a blind RIM follower?
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 06-06-11 at 11:55 AM.
    eBud and Spawn12 like this.
    06-06-11 11:52 AM
    Tip for the day:- Dont argue with a lady of Cuban and Celtic descent... especially a pregnant wobbly one!

06-06-11 12:13 PM
    ...Your post is further wrong about the RIM is god statement - that would be the Church of Apple with Jobs as the Pope.
    What you don't know is that I do in fact study the facts...
    Nothing like considering the facts! Lol! Just giving ya a hard time.

Seriously though, I also feel that RIM's outlook doesn't look good if they continue down this same road.

I feel trends are also important to consider and can help put in perspective some of the so-called "facts" about RIM's profit margins. Looking at their stock, which has dropped below $40/share for the first time in over 2 years, may indicate RIM's future and whether or not they can continue to see such profitable returns. Apparently Wall Street doesn't think so.

So even though we have different opinions, which make these forums more interesting anyways-lol - I think we can all agree that BB OS 7 is a very important step for RIM overall. Hopefully it's a step forward!

Again, I am planning on getting an Android device later this month to see if I like it but I have to admit, I will be looking at the new Bold when it comes out and will have to decide if it's enough to return my Android and continue another 2 years with BlackBerry. Either way...competition can be a good thing! Right now, it seems like everyone is pushing harder to make a better product and the consumer benefits! That's us!

***EDIT***
    Here is the Bloomberg article...
    RIM Declines as UBS Adds to Criticism of Co-CEO Structure - Bloomberg

***EDIT***
    Other interesting facts at close of bell today...
    RIM (RIMM):
    52wks: $37.69-$70.54
    YTD Loss of 46%

Apple (AAPL):
    52wks: $235.56-$364.90
    YTD Loss of 35%

Google (GOOG):
    52wks: $433.63-$642.96
    YTD Loss of 32%
    Last edited by Nickerz_BB; 06-06-11 at 10:06 PM.
    06-06-11 09:49 PM
    The difference between you and me is simply this....I attack the post, not the poster. So let's take your post, shall we?

What your post fails to discuss about my phone usage is plenty, so facts are lacking there.

Your post displays a lack of study on the trends in the market. Otherwise, there would have been discussion on the fact that you would have ascertained that in an expanding market with new entrants it is inevitable that an established company will lose market share in favour of new entrants. The market is expanding, but it is finite.

What the post displays is the Chicken Little school of thinking that has been the dominant ideology where individuals without any knowledge of the market take any little blip and turn them into "the sky is falling" posts. Of these, there are several a week.

Your post is further wrong about the RIM is god statement - that would be the Church of Apple with Jobs as the Pope.

What you don't know is that I do in fact study the facts - RIM is losing market share in an expanding market with new entrants where they have not had a handset release in a while yet continue to return *net profits* in the millions. I would like for you to take a look at that phrase - they continue to return *net profits* in the millions.

I am perfectly capable of thinking for myself, and in doing so, I choose the platform from a tried and true manufacturer that continues to expand in profits. I don't go into the nearest blog or most popular pseudo economist on the latest TV or radio sound bite.

If you vowed years ago never to have another phone, how can you label me a blind, ignore the facts, incapable of thinking for myself RIM follower?!?!? I choose the phone that works for me. Seems to me it is *you* who blindly follows RIM, given your vow never to try another platform. The only platform I have yet to try is Symbian - if it were available in the US on a phone that caught my eye, I'd try it.

So....you who vowed never to use another brand of phone....care to discuss who is a blind RIM follower?
    Bravo! Well put. I guess I'm getting a little irritated waiting on this phone. It is somewhat frustrating to see blackberry users switching over to Android and telling me that I have a dying brand of phone. I know this is not the case, but it is hard to argue when I'm hauling around a 9630 brick compared to the latest 4G device. I just feel that RIM is not marketing their products toward power users. I feel that they would have better success if they tried to contrast their devices against the market and show how a berry is more productive than your average smartphone rather than trying to outdo Apple.
    06-07-11 07:10 AM
    android is gaining market share at whose expense? the biggest losers are nokia and sony ericsson. android has so many models it has gained its way into the hands of consumers who in the past tend to buy nokia or sony. android high end phones and iphones are eating market share from rim..but the market for high end phone is growing so rapidly that rim is actually selling more phones but percentage wise its share is falling. the same analogy can be said about ipad. ipad is king and corners the market now..but in no time it will see its market share falling as android tablets, playbook and windows tablet start gaining market, even though ipad will continue to sell more year on year..

06-07-11 11:56 PM

If you REALLY look at the facts you would see that RIM has not broken any promises on the 9900. It is due in summer and will likely be delivered in summer. So what is your problem. Mad just because you want one and it is not available? LOL!

GO DAWGS!
    06-08-11 07:03 AM
    If you REALLY look at the facts you would see that RIM has not broken any promises on the 9900. It is due in summer and will likely be delivered in summer. So what is your problem. Mad just because you want one and it is not available? LOL!

GO DAWGS!
    I know they havent broken any promises. I just wish this device would have been forcasted to launch earlier this year. I believe that when RIM laid out their 5 year plan a couple of years ago they did not plan on Android and Apple causing the market to advance at such a rapid pace. RIM is not behind by any means, it just seems they are because of the advancements Android is making with their power devices. Im sure RIM is trying to catch up with the curve right now so to be able to compete with google and apple.
    06-08-11 07:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD