Hello everyone!

Last week my new Bold 9900 arrived in the mail and we've been inseparable ever since. Two weeks before that, my HTC Dezire Z died after a co-worker spilled a glass of red wine on it. I was gutted. I cannot live without a phone with a full working keyboard. Can. Not. Live.

After much googling and soulsearching (I spent a lot of time here on Crackberry) I decided on buying the Bold 9900. Against ALL of my friends advice. Everyone I asked for advice wanted me to get an iPhone (NEVER going to happen), the new big Samsung with Android or the Nokia with the new Windows OS. None of them have a proper keyboard.

My only choice seemed to be to buy a used HTC Dezire Z, Sony Xperia pro mini (tiny!), a Blackberry or wait for a Motorola phone that might never actually be sold in Norway.

I chose Blackberry, and I'm really happy about it. The keyboard is fantastic. And it looks so good!

As much as I loved my old Android, I can really see why so many people fall in love with their BB's. It is a great product. No, there are not so many apps for it, but I didn't buy it to play games on. I bought it for work. And to that end it is brilliant.

Add to that I ordered a custom hardcase from Case-mate with a Doctor Who image so that I am now the envy of all my geek friends.

**Shazzula
    edu3110 likes this.
    04-20-12 06:55 AM
    Excellent choice you made there! The Keyboard #1 can't beat that.
    Atm it gets your job done faster than any phone, we say a real workhorse.
    04-20-12 07:02 AM
    You made a good decision going for the Bold 9900. Best keyboard on the market right now, that's for sure! Welcome to our great community by the way. Feel free to ask if you have any concern about your new device, we are here to help. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
    04-20-12 07:45 AM
    hahhaha nice....
    yup, if ppl want to play games, they should just buy a gameboy XDDD
    04-20-12 08:15 AM
    Hi Shazzula.

I bought a 9900 in UK 2 days ago and live in Norway as well.
    Are there any other users in Norway using BB, user groups , communities etc?
    Seems to be limited?

Are you still happy with your BB?

KE
    07-20-12 05:31 PM
    hahhaha nice....
    yup, if ppl want to play games, they should just buy a gameboy XDDD
    Funny you say that because even Steve Wozniak carries gameboys around.

Congrats OP on your purchase of your 9900, it really is a great phone.
    07-21-12 02:38 AM
    Hello everyone!

Last week my new Bold 9900 arrived in the mail and we've been inseparable ever since. Two weeks before that, my HTC Dezire Z died after a co-worker spilled a glass of red wine on it. I was gutted. I cannot live without a phone with a full working keyboard. Can. Not. Live.

After much googling and soulsearching (I spent a lot of time here on Crackberry) I decided on buying the Bold 9900. Against ALL of my friends advice. Everyone I asked for advice wanted me to get an iPhone (NEVER going to happen), the new big Samsung with Android or the Nokia with the new Windows OS. None of them have a proper keyboard.

My only choice seemed to be to buy a used HTC Dezire Z, Sony Xperia pro mini (tiny!), a Blackberry or wait for a Motorola phone that might never actually be sold in Norway.

I chose Blackberry, and I'm really happy about it. The keyboard is fantastic. And it looks so good!

As much as I loved my old Android, I can really see why so many people fall in love with their BB's. It is a great product. No, there are not so many apps for it, but I didn't buy it to play games on. I bought it for work. And to that end it is brilliant.

Add to that I ordered a custom hardcase from Case-mate with a Doctor Who image so that I am now the envy of all my geek friends.

**Shazzula
    As someone who's thinking of a 9900 after 18 months with an Android phone - I previously had a Bold 9700 - I'm pleased to read your post. It's possible to find an awful lot of moans about the 9900 on the internet, and you've encouraged me. But I really wish you'd reconsider the Dr Who case!
    Last edited by Spiffing; 07-21-12 at 06:38 PM.
    07-21-12 06:35 PM
    Welcome to CB! Great choice you made!

And, with your permission, just a tiny OT:
    (...)my HTC Dezire Z died after a co-worker spilled a glass of red wine on it. (...)
    So I finally learned why most companies do not allow drinking alcohol at work!
    07-23-12 08:50 AM
    Hey, can you use Norwegian banking apps, #ruter for commute, and other android apps for Norway? EasyPark, wimp, dropbox, onedrive, norwegian/sas, taxi, etc.?
    02-24-15 04:50 AM
    Hey, can you use Norwegian banking apps, #ruter for commute, and other android apps for Norway? EasyPark, wimp, dropbox, onedrive, norwegian/sas, taxi, etc.?
    You cannot use Android apps on a BBOS7 device.
    02-24-15 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD