Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Phill_UK
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default android to blackberry

So right now i use a samsung galaxy victory, i use it for email, weather,light web browsing, calander, texting ,light gaming pretty much in a nutshell. I do like android and all but I really like the form factor and kind of more simplicity of the 9930. I was thinking of switching but wondered if anyone recently switched from android to a 9930 recently if they felt like they could do most things they could on their android phones. I haven't used a blackberry since the pearl way back so I'm a bit rusty on the new features. thanks for any help!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Personally, I'd wait for BlackBerry 10.
    That aside, I went from a Samsung Galaxy SII to a Bold 9900. The only real drawback is screen size, for me. On the other hand, typing is like great sex: silky smooth and satisfying.
    Hope that helps...
    #BB10Believe
    BlackBerry -
    We invented the Smartphone Business...
    We're takin' it back!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

the lack of apps, I think, makes galaxy far better than blackberry. android have great apps (and flash player too)....but i like my 9900 because of the qwerty keyboard. only that
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    990 Global Posts

Default RE: android to blackberry

I agree. Lack of apps is the big thing, and i would say contact and calendar syncing if you use Goole and/or multiple calendars. There are ways around most issues, bar lack of apps, but if you do your research and make sure the apps you need are in place then you won't care.
    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    CrackBerry User

I just went fromm samsung galaxy nexus to a bb bold 9900 at the min i miss my games
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,809 Global Posts

I'd at least wait till January 30th for the BB10 launch events. No matter whether you'll like BB10 or not, you'll benefit:
    Either you find BB10 more interesting and usable than the current gen lineup or you don't actually like it that much and you might get a Bold 9930 for a rather cheap price. RIM already announced price-cuts once BB10 hits the market and quite some Blackberry users will instantly upgrade for sure, this way you could get a used 9930 for a decent price.

I have used an Android device before, as long as you not such an app-freak, you shouldn't really miss out anything. However it really depends on your usage. Lewisb246 just noted, he misses his (Android) games. Sure thing, the Bold 99x0 just ain't a real "entertainment" phone. Games, videos and heavy webbrowsing - all this on the rather small 2.8" screen. Not actually a decent experience. Especially in terms of games the 99x0 is *really* far behind the Android competition. Where the Bold shines would be all kind of communication stuff, especially E-Mails of course, as well as chatting (via IM/BBM) and other stuff which contains heavy writing.
    Customizing your phone might be a tad better on Android, however there are lots of great themes out there for the OS7 Bolds. Even though the OS7 ThemeBuilder was canceled, the developers are doing some impressive stuff there. The best thing: You just buy/download that theme, activate it and you are done in most cases. Though some themes offer some quite advanced customization options afterwards.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Good point I might have to wait for the launch. I did check and most apps I use seem to be there like ebay, zinio, facebook etc and the screen size I actually like, I hate the general size of the high end smartphones now. The form factor and size of the 9930 is what initially sells me. I appreciate all the responses being objective thank you all very much
    Banned

Stay with Android/Galaxy. The RIM BB10 party is going to be short-lived, few apps, no keyboard. I actually wonder why they are as witless as they are. But there it is. Bye, RIM.
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    The RIM BB10 party is going to be short-lived, few apps, no keyboard.
    You obviously have no idea what you're talking about... goodbye.
    That's Phill with 2 L's
    Thanked by:
    Taigatrommel (01-03-2013) 
    niumxp likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Pretty sure they have the new N series that is keeping the old keyboard bar form
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    PIN
    kie and the brain.

i have both a s3 and a 9930. I wouldnt trade the s3 for the 9930. For my usage, the android phone is much better (email, chat, web, some games). My business and personal emails are both google mail so it makes it easy on the android.

Personally the main reason i went with the 9930 is the nostalgia of how big BB used to be in my life. I might considering buying the z10 out of contract but Im not 100% sure yet.