I'm sooooo upset I sat at my laptop refreshing the screen from 11:30 til midnight Sun night. Got my order in before 12:05. Had to be somewhere today while FedEx would be coming, so had them hold it. Picked it up around noon and was too busy to do anything with it til tonight.

First thing that happened was the phone would only allow me to choose Enterprise email to set up. Figured I'd do it from BlackBerry's site. That worked. However, one the service books were sent, the trackpad stopped working. Sorta - it would scroll up/down, but would no longer select what was clicked. Also lost the use of about 6 or 7 keys (scattered) that def were there before. Very weird.

So I tried wiping the phone. Not fixed. Factory reset, same thing. I wanted to try reinstalling the OS but it doesn't exist from RIM/VZW yet. (Isn't found by DM either - only tells you your phone is up to date). Called VZW to see if they could tell me how to get it, who sent me to tech support and then on to RIM. RIM said the OS is still too new to be available yet. Meh.

The VZW tech and RIM tech both determined it must be hardware and are sending a new one (will get on Thurs). I just don't think it was and wanted to at least try reloading the OS. (And reeeally wanted to have this phone to play with after waiting for what seemed like five years for it to release!)
    08-17-11 02:06 AM
    Yeah, all I can find are older versions like .105 or .113, and .261 (which I think is what you are running)
    08-17-11 02:33 AM
    I had my 1st 9900 for 3 days and then had to exchange it for a new one. Trackpad wouldn't scroll up or down and it was just acting weird. I did a battery pull and it didn't fix it. I finally figured out that my volume button was jammed against the mute button and both were being pushed down at the same time. I took it back to Rogers and walked out with a new phone within 10 minutes.
    08-17-11 08:34 AM
    You arent the only one. My trackpad is off center and is rubbing against the back button. It makes a squeeking noise when I press it and sometimes get stuck under that buttom. Going to call VZW today and have them send me a new one....i hope.
    08-17-11 08:55 AM
    Having a bad built happens. I really like how VZ just sends you a new device period. That shows great customer service.
    08-17-11 09:01 AM
    Having a bad built happens. I really like how VZ just sends you a new device period. That shows great customer service.
    I agree. And you know what was kinda cool....this went on between 12 and 1 am. Called VZW a bit after. First tech transferred me but went off the line so I couldn't get thru to RIM w/o a case #.

Next ts rep I got figured it was hardware and was going to replace it on the spot. I wasn't convinced because of the sequence of events and really wanted to wipe it and start over (plus I didn't want to spend today reading everything here instead of playing with my own phone ).

Then once he transferred me and got RIM on the phone, he asked both him and me if we minded if he stayed on since the device is so new and wanted to learn all he could about it. By about 2:30 and no luck finding the OS, I was ready to concede. He AND the RIM tech wanted to keep looking for a way to get the OS. Then the RIM tech said the same thing, would I mind keeping trouble shooting for a while because HE wanted to learn more about it!

LOL, I kinda felt bad for them both when it was determined that it had to be hardware (but I think we all agreed on that only because we couldn't get hold of the darn OS and it was about 3am by then!).
    08-17-11 10:49 AM
    Where was your phone manufactured?

Reason I asked is I'm seeing more than a couple threads with issues...
    08-17-11 10:57 AM

same question.
    08-17-11 11:30 AM
    I'm sooooo upset I sat at my laptop refreshing the screen from 11:30 til midnight Sun night. Got my order in before 12:05. Had to be somewhere today while FedEx would be coming, so had them hold it. Picked it up around noon and was too busy to do anything with it til tonight.

First thing that happened was the phone would only allow me to choose Enterprise email to set up. Figured I'd do it from BlackBerry's site. That worked. However, one the service books were sent, the trackpad stopped working. Sorta - it would scroll up/down, but would no longer select what was clicked. Also lost the use of about 6 or 7 keys (scattered) that def were there before. Very weird.

So I tried wiping the phone. Not fixed. Factory reset, same thing. I wanted to try reinstalling the OS but it doesn't exist from RIM/VZW yet. (Isn't found by DM either - only tells you your phone is up to date). Called VZW to see if they could tell me how to get it, who sent me to tech support and then on to RIM. RIM said the OS is still too new to be available yet. Meh.

The VZW tech and RIM tech both determined it must be hardware and are sending a new one (will get on Thurs). I just don't think it was and wanted to at least try reloading the OS. (And reeeally wanted to have this phone to play with after waiting for what seemed like five years for it to release!)
    I'm actually having the same issues as you, hosting routing tables, only gives choice for enterprise servers, etc. I'm actually on my 2nd one, they shipped me another one to replace the first, and having the same exact issue again. Are you kidding me????
    08-17-11 11:30 AM

Mine was made in Mexico...VZW is sending a new one no problem. Other then the trackpad, the phone is sick. Coming from an iphone 4...
    08-17-11 12:19 PM
    same question.
    It says Mexico 5. (I had the same issue w/it wanting Enterprise info even tho it said IT policy disabled on my 9650. Went thru about 3 replacements til I got transferred to RIM. Can't for the life of me rememer how we got around it. I don't thnk I kept the case number anywhere. Think they can look it up by name? Might need to if my replacement has the same problem. But this time it somehow was resolved by me (not vzw) sending the service books from their site instead of the phone. But that didn't help with the 9650.)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sandra_17; 08-17-11 at 12:31 PM.
    08-17-11 12:29 PM
    It says Mexico 5. (I had the same issue w/it wanting Enterprise info even tho it said IT policy disabled on my 9650. Went thru about 3 replacements til I got transferred to RIM. Can't for the life of me rememer how we got around it. I don't thnk I kept the case number anywhere. Think they can look it up by name? Might need to if my replacement has the same problem. But this time it somehow was resolved by me (not vzw) sending the service books from their site instead of the phone. But that didn't help with the 9650.)

So you were able to fix the issue on the Bold 9930? Currently I'm working with Verizon tech support, who's in turn working with Blackberry, to fix this issue. I'm supposed to get a call back. They've been at it for over 2 hours now.
    08-17-11 01:45 PM
    Well I was having some weird trackpad issues, eventually mine stopped working altogether. Just ended up phoning in and getting it swapped out.

08-17-11 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD