I will stick with it until I receive my new z10 but I used to love my 9900. One day I broke the keyboard and changed it. It is a nightmare now
    02-11-13 03:34 PM
    I'm happy with my 9900 as a phone, and software such as ShortcutMe keeps the geek in me happy.

But the lack of quality apps, tiny screen size and poor performance of RIMs facebook (when compaired to using the facebook app on the ipod touch) means that in around 6 months when my contract ends, I'll be jumping ship to apple.

I'm very, very disappointed that BB10 has essentially been launched as a 'start point' rather than a 'wow'. I'd like a phone that I could show to a colleague and have them think "fantastic - want one!" rather than "hmm, that's new and interesting, but still way behind the phone I've had for the past 2 yrs"

Sorry BB, but for me, you've blown it

(of course, if my spidey sense is wrong, and in 6 months time I'm seeing BB accessories filling the shelves and a wodge of 'industry standard' apps being readily available on some fantastic version of BBAppWorld, then obviously I'll be sticking with this platform. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to blindly stick with a company to hope that one day, they'll get around to providing what I need/want)
    I've had a rethink after reading through all this new BB10 bollocks.At the moment, I'm convinced that the whole thing's total dog**** to be honest. The phone may be reasonable, but it's certainly not groundbreaking and although the underlying aspects of the OS *might* actually be fairly sexy, at the minute there are too many features missing that I'm hooked on under 7.1.

And I like a physical keyboard.

Think I've decided then, that the likely way forward for me is a combo:

1. Keep my BB9900, or possibly upgrade to a Q10 *IF* BB pulls it's finger out and adds a few features, and SCM/AOS&LED etc become available on OS10.

2. Ipad. Purely for the sheer quality of the software available, a half decent camera and a fantastic display.

Screw trying to find a phone that does it all, because I'm really not convinced that one exists. So I may well stick with my 9900 and jump on a SIM only contract to keep the costs down. At least then I'll not be compromising the communication aspects that are so awesome under this mature, nigh-on-perfect OS7.1. And I'll be able to use those wonderful apps from the apple appstore and quit ******* around with the god-awful BB pretenders.

Plan
    FrycHiKn likes this.
    02-12-13 05:15 PM
    I love all my berries especially my BB9900. I like my BB9900 so much that I bought another brand new BB9900 (will arrive in a couple of days). I am not impressed with z/q10. Q10 with the missing row of buttons is what sealed the deal for me. I don't like the new berries at all. My BB9900 fits all my needs. I have some other Android phones too (including the Nexus 4) but I keep coming back to the BB9900 for most of my daily affairs.
    02-12-13 07:22 PM
    Yup.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-12-13 07:43 PM
    I plan to hang onto mine. I still love it as I did when I first got it in Nov 2011.
    02-12-13 08:08 PM
    No choice but to wait for the Q10. Will keep the 9900 for a backup phone.
    02-12-13 08:51 PM
    Yes, until BlackBerry gets the new bridge to and from my playbook.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 02:06 AM
    I have got to the point where I will keep this 9900 until I have a craving for something more. Then I will weigh my options. The q10 does nothing for me so its an all touch battle. I am tossed between android and bb10. Depending on what's out and how solid it is I may stray to android for a little bit until bb10 gets its feet wet with the whole bb10 thing.

Sent from my game boy color
    02-15-13 10:53 PM
    My 9900 will be my backup phone, but I mean I really want the Z10. I just hope the bug fixes happen Before it gets here for US launch because a lot of the gripes and complaints about what is missing makes me glad that I have these special features and customizations with the legacy BB0S. If the BIIIIIIIIIG update comes and it fixes most of the bugs for the Z10 then it would be perfect, for me at least.
    02-16-13 02:29 AM
    I like my 9900 and my contract isn't up until September so I am happy waiting. Will have a good look at the Q10 when it eventually appears in the UK but will probably go Z10 or, by then, maybe the Aristo that's rumoured.
    02-16-13 06:13 AM
    Just bought a 9900 and I'm loving it so far. Will hang onto it for quite some time and wait until Q10 is here and BB10 is a bit more refined.
    02-16-13 08:07 AM
    I've read all the articles and yes BB10 sounds awesome and yes, I'm due for an upgrade next month. But i will NOT be moving from my beloved 9930 until the bridge issue is addressed as I love my Playbook just as much.
    FF22 and phylez like this.
    02-16-13 10:37 AM
    from what I gathered so far, this is my reasoning to whether a individual co:

. if you are using BB6 or less, you should pull the trigger point blank as soon as you can.
    . if you are using BB7 and your contract is up, you should definitely make the switch. keep your BB7 device as a backup.
    . if you are using other platform like iOS or Android and want to make a switch, then you should first identify what your needs and the must-have apps. then do some research to see if BB10 has the things you need. don't just make a jump and then feel disappointed later because your needs and expectation don't match with what BB10 has to offer.

be respectful to other platforms don't bash them and calling name just because they don't suit your needs. after all nobody forces us to buy anything right. lol. competition drives innovations and it benefit consumers like us. be constructive when expressing our needs. each of us consumer can be a leader. have a realistic expectation.

when we rant, call names, and put another down, we may feel superior inside at the moment but in the reality we look stupid, childish, and classless. be smart and ignore posts that instigate/encourage arguments. sometimes not saying anything is having the last word.

Mobile Nation is a beautiful idea. I think of it as a utopia for mobile consumers.
    02-16-13 10:55 AM
    I have the 9930 and iPhone that's what I'm going through now switching between iPhone and the 9930 I like the 9930 more but the iPhone is always getting updates from the apps I have on there. my main apps will not make it to the BB10 series until the developers see how its receive here. so I'm stuck. sprint is only getting the q10 I guess at first.
    I don't see the q10 been anything different then what I have now only larger. I wish either had a second mic. to block back ground noise. I like that on the iPhone.
    02-16-13 12:19 PM
    I've had a rethink after reading through all this new BB10 bollocks.At the moment, I'm convinced that the whole thing's total dog**** to be honest. The phone may be reasonable, but it's certainly not groundbreaking and although the underlying aspects of the OS *might* actually be fairly sexy, at the minute there are too many features missing that I'm hooked on under 7.1.

And I like a physical keyboard.

Think I've decided then, that the likely way forward for me is a combo:

1. Keep my BB9900, or possibly upgrade to a Q10 *IF* BB pulls it's finger out and adds a few features, and SCM/AOS&LED etc become available on OS10.

2. Ipad. Purely for the sheer quality of the software available, a half decent camera and a fantastic display.

Screw trying to find a phone that does it all, because I'm really not convinced that one exists. So I may well stick with my 9900 and jump on a SIM only contract to keep the costs down. At least then I'll not be compromising the communication aspects that are so awesome under this mature, nigh-on-perfect OS7.1. And I'll be able to use those wonderful apps from the apple appstore and quit ******* around with the god-awful BB pretenders.

Plan
    Good question I will be keeping all of my 8 BlackBerry Bold 9900s for a very long time all of the 7 I have in storage and they are all brand new and boxed and still sealed for future use or future sale it all depends but at the meantime I am not selling any of these at this time.

I have a new BB Bold 9900 that I have online and that I use 50% of the time when I need it, I have this current one now for almost 2 years and I love it no problems or any issues with this unit

I also am an owner of the new Q10 and I also love it its just like the bold 9900 but faster on some aspects on operation and the wireless network side of things the Q10 is 100% better for the data and radio and over all in every area within connecting to the network and all voice calls

I would suggest you look into a Q10 is a very nice new device from BlackBerry and I hope they do well with the sales of these new OS 10 devices very soon and we will find out how BlackBerry does later this year around fall to see if they will be around as a company in 2014 and so on at this time BlackBerry is on their last move and leg if they don't pull it off they will be gone out of the smartphone game world wide .

Tom

Sent By BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
    02-16-13 12:47 PM
    Get the new Q10 or Z10? I just got my Bold 9900 last month! I've been waiting for the price to drop but the Bold 9900 is everything I need, amazing keyboard + touch screen + classic Blackberry styling.

Duh............Winning!

Sent from my Sega GenesisTM
    02-17-13 03:10 PM
    Just started using my 9930 again and I'm really happy with it. I would love the Q10 but I think I'll try to hold out as long as I can with my 9930. Who knows, the second Q10 may be really awesome.
    02-19-13 05:21 PM
    I expect to hang on to the 9900 for another year or so unless a compelling reason or discount prompts me to upgrade. The 9900 is a great device.
    02-22-13 02:09 PM
    I've still got my 9900 collecting dust just in case. :P
    02-22-13 02:14 PM
    Like a lot of others here, I will hang on to my 9930 until I feel it's time to switch. I want to immediately show support for the new phones and OS but the practical side of me says to stick with what I've got for now. I Iove my Bold/Playbook combination. I'm utilizing functions such as Bridge and the Music Gateway constantly and have been plenty satisfied with the apps and games that I have.
    phylez likes this.
    02-22-13 02:42 PM
    Why would I need to replace my 9900?
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-03-13 10:13 PM
    I am actually thinking about waiting for the QWERTY BB10 cuz I love my trackpad and keyboard too much. I have an upgrade in September I'll make my decision then no rush here.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-03-13 10:30 PM
    My "new every 2" on Verizon comes due in April, and I plan to buy a Q10 as I want to support RIM (blackberry), but I love my Bold-Playbook combo. I may leave the Q10 in a box for a while. I don't know. From an environmental perspective, I like the idea of fully depreciating these phones. The only thing my Bold doesn't do as well as I'd like is surf the web fast and the screen is small. I realize I will be giving up some control on the settings, hopefully BB will fix that aspect of OS10, as OS7 appears to be superior in that regard.

Via Blackberry Bold & Tapatalk
    03-04-13 09:40 AM
    My only concern is the Price of the Q10 if its what i think it will be i will be staying with my 9900 for a while till the Q10 drops in price...
    But i am dying to try the Hub 10 for sure...
    03-04-13 06:32 PM
    My 9930 fits my needs. I am not really interested in switching. For those of use with the 9930/ playbook combo ...it can't be beat. IMO
    03-04-13 06:52 PM
163 ... 34567