I want to thank y'all for keeping this community filled with great info on our beloved BB devices. I have been beating my head against the wall going back and forth between the 9900 and a HTC Amaze. My new 9900 will be delivered tomorrow.

The keyboard and functionality finally won out. You just can't get stuff done on any device like you can on a BB. Sure android is pretty sweet but it is a media/fun type device. And for me, just my personal preference and how I use a phone, it is BB all the way.

Thanks everyone, can't wait to start bugging y'all on how to use the darn thing!

Chad
    Eli_B likes this.
    12-06-11 12:37 PM
    Hey Chad,

Congrats bro on getting the 9900! I've been using it since mid September and I really love the device. I was coming off of a Curve 8530.

The keyboard is a big factor for me also, because I do a lot of messaging.

Have fun with it! Make it your own
    12-06-11 12:51 PM
    Congratulations on your new device! I got mine just last saturday and I'm absolutely in love with it already.

@byul - how did u maximize battery life? I end up having to charge at the end of the day,and I'm not that much of a heavy user.
    12-06-11 01:17 PM
    Congratulations on your new device! I got mine just last saturday and I'm absolutely in love with it already.

@byul - how did u maximize battery life? I end up having to charge at the end of the day,and I'm not that much of a heavy user.
    Are you still on the stock OS? Try .540. I easily get 24 hrs on that OS with light to moderate use. Also read the threads on how to save on battery. there are many tips here. It looks like you have a lot of catching up to do....
    daysleeper24 likes this.
    12-06-11 01:48 PM
    I'm debating if I should buy this device I keep hearing about it bricking and if I do buy it I will have to pay full price ouch and I don't wanna go to tmobile buy it full price and it brick and I can't get a replacement since I bought it off contract.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-11 02:28 PM
    Congrats, and I agree 100%.

12-06-11 02:31 PM
    I use a 9700 currently and just love it. Even after all this time, I still love it. I have been dreaming about my 9700 with touchscreen for a long long time and I am finally gonna have it! (albeit a little larger, which I am ok with)

Bricking worries me a little but it will be under warranty so I am hoping for the best.

I get great battery life from my 9700 although I am on it all day long. I am already uber careful about closing things as I back out of them instead of leaving them running so hopefully battery worn't be an issue with the 9900.

I do not use any social apps and only leave gmail running. I do all other syncing and what not on demand, I try and leave nothing running. Hopefully I will get a decent battery life. We will see!
    12-06-11 03:17 PM
    Ok, just got it and I already have an issue with the battery......................I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO FULLY CHARGE!!!!!! It has been plugged in for at least 10 min now, shouldn't it be done already! I know, I know, patience and all that but, is it ready yet? How about now.....now....

What a device to hold. Can't wait to start loading up my settings.
    12-07-11 12:34 PM
    I got mine since day one and I am still in love with it. Congrats and enjoy
    12-07-11 12:45 PM
    Congrats on your new bb
    12-07-11 12:56 PM
    I use a 9700 currently and just love it. Even after all this time, I still love it. I have been dreaming about my 9700 with touchscreen for a long long time and I am finally gonna have it! (albeit a little larger, which I am ok with)

Bricking worries me a little but it will be under warranty so I am hoping for the best.

I get great battery life from my 9700 although I am on it all day long. I am already uber careful about closing things as I back out of them instead of leaving them running so hopefully battery worn't be an issue with the 9900.

I do not use any social apps and only leave gmail running. I do all other syncing and what not on demand, I try and leave nothing running. Hopefully I will get a decent battery life. We will see!
    I made a similar move from 9650 to 9930 and it's been a great upgrade. Enjoy your new Bold!
    12-07-11 01:08 PM
    be ready to get nuked or bricked 9900 in the morning
    12-07-11 04:07 PM
    be ready to get nuked or bricked 9900 in the morning
    You are doing nothing but going around the forum and spamming with your nonsense...
    12-07-11 08:16 PM
    Enjoy the 9900 and ignore that trollercoaster who's been derailed off his tracks into the pit of doom.

I love mine.
    12-07-11 10:42 PM
    i know what nonsense! i cant believe youd reference that little problem where your expensive new phone decides to brick itself! stupid troll..cant you see were being blind fan boys here?
    12-08-11 12:12 AM
    Wow root, I thought you would never upgrade your 9700? Did it break on ya or something?

I do keep reading threads about how charging it over night can potentially brick your phone.

Maybe a different OS build fixes that issue. Either or, enjoy the phone.

Sent from I am on Fire!
    12-08-11 12:20 AM
    i know what nonsense! i cant believe youd reference that little problem where your expensive new phone decides to brick itself! stupid troll..cant you see were being blind fan boys here?
    Did siri take care of the grammar on that one?
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    12-08-11 08:14 AM
    Love my Bold, but after 4 months it completely bricked. Got a refurb the next day that is actually better than my original. Just make sure and get INSURANCE!

12-08-11 09:21 AM
    I'm debating if I should buy this device I keep hearing about it bricking and if I do buy it I will have to pay full price ouch and I don't wanna go to tmobile buy it full price and it brick and I can't get a replacement since I bought it off contract.

Would these things not come with some kind of manufacturer warranty? I mean if it breaks through no fault of your own won't RIM replace it in like the first year?
    12-08-11 09:40 AM
    Would these things not come with some kind of manufacturer warranty? I mean if it breaks through no fault of your own won't RIM replace it in like the first year?
    Yep, thats why I dont bother paying for additional insurance. Its a waste a money. You end up paying $83.88/year and STILL have to pay an additional $45 (or $99 if "Advanced device") deductible just to get another phone. Total = $128.88 - $182.88

Since RIM already gives you a 1 year warranty, you might as well save your $$$ for the next year its not covered.
    Last edited by shemaree09; 12-08-11 at 09:57 AM.
    12-08-11 09:44 AM
    BULL S%@^....T-mo told me the insurance was like $11 bucks a month AND a $145 deductible after the 1st year of manufactures warranty. Forget that nonsense. It is covered for a year from T-mo/BB so I'm good with that. Seems like if it is going to brick or if I have any other complaints they will happen within that 1st year so whatever.

My biggest complaint about that is, if they do replace the unit I get a refurb model and the replacement handset is not covered for another year. Only covered for like 30 days or some such crap. Actually little pissed about it cause my 9700 is giving me fits and it was replaced in Feb. I thought every device had a year but they shot that down.
    12-08-11 12:54 PM
    Are you still on the stock OS? Try .540. I easily get 24 hrs on that OS with light to moderate use. Also read the threads on how to save on battery. there are many tips here. It looks like you have a lot of catching up to do....
    I'm actually on .540 already. Reduced my brightness down to 10% already. It does last me around 20-22 hours. Maybe I just got used to my other phone lasting me around 4 days. But then again,I wasn't using data then.

Thanks for the advice! Appreciate the help.
    12-09-11 10:14 AM
    Well, while the verdict is still out, so far battery use is pretty darn good for me.

I have bright turned down and screen off in about 10 secs. Nothing but email running all the time and continue to turn things off as I back out of them. I still had 40% when I plugged back in last night. Unplugged at 7 am and quit at a little after midnight. So pretty impressive considering how much more powerful it is than my 9700.

But I have not yet sat at my desk making phone calls all day like I normally would with my old 9700. I started using my house phone for the last few days till I get this thing set up like I want it. Will keep posting but I suspect power using the phone to make calls all day won't kill it in a day either. I had to work pretty darn hard to wipe out my 9700 in one day making calls and if the last 2 days are any example I think 9900 will last almost as long.

VERY pleased.
    12-09-11 10:32 AM
    I want to thank y'all for keeping this community filled with great info on our beloved BB devices. I have been beating my head against the wall going back and forth between the 9900 and a HTC Amaze. My new 9900 will be delivered tomorrow.

The keyboard and functionality finally won out. You just can't get stuff done on any device like you can on a BB. Sure android is pretty sweet but it is a media/fun type device. And for me, just my personal preference and how I use a phone, it is BB all the way.

Thanks everyone, can't wait to start bugging y'all on how to use the darn thing!

Chad
    Get ready for it to brick itself. I love blackberry but this 9900 series is crap. Had it a month and already had 2 replacements. Enjoy. Great phone but it has many issues
    12-09-11 10:58 AM
    .. this is not funny, i hope you will troll yourself instead of other people...
    Its happening to thousands on 9900/9930 users. They are known for bricking overnight.I'm pretty sure these facts are helpful when it comes to someone choosing their next phone. I'm on my 3rd 9930 within a month. Yea I have insurance but who REALLY wants to constantly have to wipe and re-install operating systems on a phone that's supposed to come working out the box? I understand the truth hurts but that's no reason to lie to someone and tell em the phone is perfect. Cause its far from it
    12-09-11 11:21 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD