I love it! Exceeded my expectation. Browsing, keyboard, looks, phone calls, etc awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    MetalxAssassinx likes this.
    09-27-11 01:25 AM
    I have an IP4 for work, and I just upgraded my personal phone to an BB9930 from the HTC evo. I love the physical keyboard. For a guy with big hands, I spent too much time pressing deleted on the EVO touchscreen keyboard. Now Im zipping along with my BB. And if I need my fanboy fix, I still have my IP4.
    MetalxAssassinx and vgwillm like this.
    09-27-11 01:27 AM
    I love the phone and it's feature. I use to own a Pearl then Tour now Bold. The net and program speed seems to be way faster than my previous. Only thing I have a major gripe about is the battery time. I rarely use the phone, text, fb app, and web all day. I can kill the battery in 6 hours. It's the same routine I on all phones but this last much shorter. Also for some odd thing, my phone charging symbol is always on after being plugged in for 9-11 hours at night.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-11 02:20 AM
    Everything is good except for 2 things:

BATTERY LIFE!
    not being to turn off Crosshair Location in 9930
    09-27-11 02:26 AM
    Going back to what you were saying earlier, if you go one for one (email for email, text for text, call for call) with a 9700/9780 and an iPhone4, as far as battery life, there's no way the iPhone will be a match.

I haven't looked in the the pricing for an iPhone4, but don't they fall around the same (retail) price? "$600 phone, I'd expect more." Especially with all the apps and repetitive GUI "updates" (more for the same) But it works for the Apple fans.

I'd make one suggestion, if you enjoy the iPhone and it's apps, stick with it, you can always wait until the BBM platform shows up on there which is happening.....I think that slipped under our radar for a while.
    I can say you have a good idea about the Price for Iphone :P , i mean it does not Deserve that ..
    but im with the other guy about how the Price is sooo Expensive for 9900 ,, i mean for Ex. : if they made the camera better .. and made the screen to have a higher Res.. i will say that the price is Very nice .. but it is overpriced .. i mean in here i buy it for 692$ !!!
    if they at least made it 550$ i would say it fits ,, even that this is expansive anyways ..
    a Perfect price would be 535$ , and remember .. i can't return it back ...
    09-27-11 04:56 AM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    best smartphone i have ever owned ... hands down!!
    09-27-11 05:19 AM
    Forgot to mention that my Motorola T605 now works. Meaning I can now change my music back and forth. Last phones (Tour and Pearl) could only connect, play music and talk on phone.
    09-27-11 07:07 AM
    Coming from the Storm 1, this phone is just incredible. The Storm had more than its share of criticism, but with the latest OS update the phone was pretty solid. The Bold however still blows it out of the water in terms of speed, response, call quality, etc. I now have confidence to make phone calls in my condo without fear of dropped calls! :P
    09-27-11 07:18 AM
    I can say you have a good idea about the Price for Iphone :P , i mean it does not Deserve that ..
    but im with the other guy about how the Price is sooo Expensive for 9900 ,, i mean for Ex. : if they made the camera better .. and made the screen to have a higher Res.. i will say that the price is Very nice .. but it is overpriced .. i mean in here i buy it for 692$ !!!
    if they at least made it 550$ i would say it fits ,, even that this is expansive anyways ..
    a Perfect price would be 535$ , and remember .. i can't return it back ...
    I never said they didn't over price the 9900. I just said at the same time the 9900 is not worth $600, neither is the iPhone, in my honest opinion.

Side note, it's quite sad the simplicity of the iPhone, if you go east, in Asia, senior citizens are using the iPhone, and when I said senior citizens I mean A LOT, if you jump on the subways, EVERY senior is holding iPhone in their hand, BUT half the time they don't look like they know what their looking at, I could be wrong though. Whether it's good or bad, take your pick. I wouldn't want to be caught next to my grandmother with the same phone.
    09-27-11 07:38 AM
    I never said they didn't over price the 9900. I just said at the same time the 9900 is not worth $600, neither is the iPhone, in my honest opinion.

Side note, it's quite sad the simplicity of the iPhone, if you go east, in Asia, senior citizens are using the iPhone, and when I said senior citizens I mean A LOT, if you jump on the subways, EVERY senior is holding iPhone in their hand, BUT half the time they don't look like they know what their looking at, I could be wrong though. Whether it's good or bad, take your pick. I wouldn't want to be caught next to my grandmother with the same phone.

looool , i know i said at the beginning that iPhone is not a match xDD
    and my Pick would be Defiantly NOT iPhone in any way :P , it is piece of crap for me

and in my country everyone who have bb ALWAYS are in touch with it ,, While iPhone users Barley touch it .. also most of iPhone users are old because it is really famous and easy :P , if i wanted an iPhone i would have one right now ! , my dad had iPhone 4 and he bought Galaxy S2 , and i told him sell your iPhone i don't want it :P

Buy anyways Thanks ...
    09-27-11 08:43 AM
    I've had my Sprint Bold 9930 for 36 days now (I was the first one to purchase it on Sunday 08/21 at 10am sharp at the BlackBerry Store in Farmington Hills, MI) and it is everything I expected it to be, the best qwerty keyboard I've ever used, the fluid and sharp images of the liquid graphics (and yes, there is some checkerboarding every now and then) the feel of the Bold 9930 is very similar to the iphone 4, great premium look and feel. I never had any preconcieved notions about the Bold 9930, I just wanted it to be the best BlackBerry I've ever used and live up to the reviews of those who demo'd it at BBW in May. And IMO it does that very well. My only real complaint is RIM overpriced this device by $50-$75 more than it should be. I knew that I'd have this device for the full 2yrs of my Sprint contract, and have had the 30 days to return it, if I didn't think I would want it, But obiviously I didn't Bottom line, it's the best BlackBerry RIM has ever produced, and I'm happy with it.
    09-27-11 09:15 AM
    This an awesome device. Its all I need.
    09-28-11 09:29 PM
    just got my 2nd 9900 yesterday, LOVE IT! and this time no battery problem, sweeeettt
    09-28-11 10:58 PM
    I like it.... a lot
    09-28-11 11:12 PM
    I do love my 9900 (on my third one though) however for the the price of $672 (tax included) I'm just a little disappointed that there are so many glitches with it. Hoping that OS updates will address some of these areas.
    09-29-11 01:04 PM
    I am loving the phone no regrets at all not even a percentage
    09-30-11 12:04 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD