look at this youtube video

it shows him installing a front facing camera to the samsung vibrant and i think he replaces the led light with the camera do you think this is possible to do for the bold 9900?
    07-22-11 12:27 AM
    Even if you could do it from a hardware standpoint you would need software to support it. Not happening.
    07-22-11 12:33 AM
    Even if you could do it from a hardware standpoint you would need software to support it. Not happening.
    Well if you looked at the videos details theyre are softwares that support it hopefully they just make one for bb..
    07-22-11 01:02 AM
    Well if you looked at the videos details theyre are softwares that support it hopefully they just make one for bb..
    Right, but there's Android phones out there that actually do have front facing cameras already in them. Not so for BlackBerry. I'm no expert, but I'd assume you'd need some kind of base software to work off of.
    07-22-11 01:39 AM
    Right, but there's Android phones out there that actually do have front facing cameras already in them. Not so for BlackBerry. I'm no expert, but I'd assume you'd need some kind of base software to work off of.
    Maybe we can start with the black berry playbook camera
    07-22-11 01:47 AM
    Maybe we can start with the black berry playbook camera
    BlackBerry OS and QNX I don't believe are compatible. You won't be able to take the software from the PlayBook and put it on the 99XX.
    07-22-11 01:51 AM
    BlackBerry OS and QNX I don't believe are compatible. You won't be able to take the software from the PlayBook and put it on the 99XX.
    Oh another question i have not related to the post but the 9900 is gonna be my first bb ever is there an application like the droid to end all applications being used? so it doesnt drain my battery or do i have to exit all programs manually
    07-22-11 02:46 AM
    how often do people actually use front facing cameras!?
    07-22-11 03:37 AM
    Oh another question i have not related to the post but the 9900 is gonna be my first bb ever is there an application like the droid to end all applications being used? so it doesnt drain my battery or do i have to exit all programs manually
    Yes and No I believe is the correct answer. Yes there are battery management apps BUT ending programs is in the base software.

On a related note. Do you mean that I can not take an Android phone (in stock form) and end all programs unless I download and APP?
    07-22-11 07:29 AM
    You COULD switch the RFC camera for a FFC and the software would support it,

BUT! you still wouldn't have access to VideoChat options unless they were written to take advantage of RFC's
    07-22-11 07:34 AM
    You COULD switch the RFC camera for a FFC and the software would support it,

BUT! you still wouldn't have access to VideoChat options unless they were written to take advantage of RFC's
    are you sure id be able to use the back camera for the front because front cameras are way way smaller then the back cameras.
    07-22-11 10:45 PM
    are you sure id be able to use the back camera for the front because front cameras are way way smaller then the back cameras.
    They use a Smaller Camera on the front for cost effectiveness

All this said it doesn't mean you'll get software support for things like video chat, but you'll be able to look at the screen while videoing yourself, or doing self pictures.
    07-23-11 06:21 AM
    get 2 mirrors, angle each at 45 degrees, place one in front of camera, place other at edge of phone....BAM rear facing camera is now front facing.

Wife and I both have Evo4g's. we used the video chat feature once, and she was actually on her computer and i was at work video chatting with her. kid loved it, but after owning it for a year that was the only time we've used it. She just got an Evo4g 2 months ago though so we haven't been able to do it for the whole year.

I wasn't gonna get the 9930 because it didn't have a front facing camera, but after I realized i've never used it but once...it wasn't a deal breaker for me.
    07-23-11 02:40 PM
    Blackberry has software that supports it already... It's been had it for years, QIK and Skype both allow calling iphones or Andriod phones....Lets get the hardware going Blackberry why are they so slow and doing things, that's why their STOCK is dropping and soon will be sold off and broken up and gone unless they hurry...It's to late I think!
    10-26-11 06:55 PM
    how often do people actually use front facing cameras!?
    They don't... I had one on my D3 and it was pretty much a novelty. Ironic how all of the reviews for the Iphone 4 gushed about facetime and how revolutionary it was... Nobody uses that crap now. Maybe if you have to be away from your family for weeks at a time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD