I know that there is an accelerometer on the Bold 9930... and I know that it will be great for gaming etc etc... but will it also be able to be used on the homescreen/app screen? (like even with themes, will there be landscape capability available?) And in applications and the browser will landscape be available?
    06-28-11 04:08 PM
    i see no need for the home screen to be rotated, but the internet and apps should do.
    and i guess the browser may benifit as lots of text reads better on a longer rather than wider screen
    06-28-11 05:38 PM
    I sure as heck hope not. One of the main things I dislike about touchscreen phones is the accelerometer. Conversely, one of my favourite features of the Torch is the slide-out keyboard that locks the screen orientation.

Of course, there are apps that could lock the screen, but they reset after every battery pull or whenever the application is closed and just don't work well overall.

With the Bold being landscape by default, I see no reason why it should have to rotate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 05:48 PM
    Thanks for the posts. And ya, I HOPE the app screen and homescreen stay locked. But I would like the browser to rotate if possible, and of course for games and apps.
    06-29-11 01:53 AM
    This question has been brought up previously to no avail. I have not heard this feature mentioned in any hands on videos. Most likely this feature will be used for gaming. There is not really a use for it in day to day task.
    weaselnoze likes this.
    06-29-11 05:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD