Dont know if this been mentioned, i cant see anywhere within the spec sheets of the Bold touch if the Bold touch will have any of these capabilities.

Anyone know for sure??.
    04-09-11 01:34 PM
    That type of stuff isn't really the type of things to mentioned in a spec sheet but it was in the slides a while back, and those seemed pretty much spot on so I think it's safe to say yes.
    04-09-11 01:43 PM
    Don't panic 6 months before this thing gets released.

And it does have those sensors.
    04-09-11 02:07 PM
    Thanks...im in no panic tbh....we probably wont get it here in the UK until near end of the yr ie Nov/dec so by then ill be looking to replace my 9780 with the Bold Touch....just hope it meets all the hype its currently getting..
    04-09-11 02:54 PM
    Accelerometer, Magnetometer and Proximity are mentioned in the detailed specs, but I don't see UMA mentioned anywhere.
    04-09-11 05:55 PM
    Don't panic 6 months before this thing gets released.

And it does have those sensors.
    6 months? try 2, maybe 3..
    04-09-11 07:57 PM
    6 months? try 2, maybe 3..
    Last time when I was following the Torch updates, everyone was looking for a June release. Guess what happened?

Last last time when I was following the Bold 9000 updates, everyone was looking for a June release. Guess what happened?

Don't be over-optimistic... You will be so disappointed...
    04-09-11 11:47 PM
    Given the gaps since they released the likes of the Torch and 9780, I think Rim are going to want to make sure that these new devices get released as promptly as possible and given the timing of that blackberry world thing, you'd expect them to be targeting mid to late June for the first of the new devices although obviously we can't be sure which are meant to show up first on which carrier at this point even if I do expect the torch 2 on at&t to be one of the first out of the door.
    04-10-11 04:02 AM
    Given the gaps since they released the likes of the Torch and 9780, I think Rim are going to want to make sure that these new devices get released as promptly as possible and given the timing of that blackberry world thing, you'd expect them to be targeting mid to late June for the first of the new devices although obviously we can't be sure which are meant to show up first on which carrier at this point even if I do expect the torch 2 on at&t to be one of the first out of the door.
    man... check the history of device releases. You will see they are all August/September.

Do you think in the past they DIDN'T want to push those devices out as promptly as possible?

RIM is never fast in pushing new devices out because of the quality control. And if you are familiar with lean manufacturing, you should know that a faster development cycle sometimes could be very destructive, just like the story about Mercedes M-class.
    04-10-11 11:30 AM
    The Bold Touch will also have a flamethrower, grenade launcher, thermal or night vision scope (thermal for CDMA models and night vision for GSM), and a laser sight for better accuracy while texting from the hip.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    04-11-11 03:20 AM
    Has anyone seen a video demonstrating the device's accelerometer? I know it has been mentioned in the specs. I have yet to see this feature demonstrated in any of the hands on videos.
    06-23-11 06:36 AM
    Thanks...im in no panic tbh....we probably wont get it here in the UK until near end of the yr ie Nov/dec so by then ill be looking to replace my 9780 with the Bold Touch....just hope it meets all the hype its currently getting..
    The way its looking, we may be set to get it here i the UK before the US..... I just hope we get it soon.
    06-23-11 06:38 AM
    Has anyone seen a video demonstrating the device's accelerometer? I know it has been mentioned in the specs. I have yet to see this feature demonstrated in any of the hands on videos.

I'm wondering the same thing - has anyone seen it in use? To be honest just based on the size of the screen it tells me that there is no use case for turning the device sideways, as the better viewing orientation will always be landscape. Just a thought. I guess the only reason for having it would be for games etc.
    06-23-11 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD