From some of the rumors about the QNX devices whenever they do come out. Alot of the people think that they will be all touchscreen devices. If this is true will RIM stop making the devices that are basically keeping them alive the Full QWERTY devices the 99xx's having the best keyboard out of em all. Do you think RIM would really should themself in the foot on this one and drop the only design that is keeping most of the blackberry users around with the full qwerty because if they go to a full touch screen device.

I believe most people are going to say why be limited on apps when its the same experience that you would get on iOS or Android and not talking about OS wise I mean with the way the body design is. Just something I was thinking about after reading some of the rumors going around the new QNX phones let me know what you guys think. Mike
    11-22-11 02:26 PM
    BlackBerry stated a week or so ago that they are committed to the BB keyboard. I would be shocked if they were to completely do away with this design. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    11-22-11 02:28 PM
    Oh thanks I did not hear that from RIM thanks for the info. Just was going off the last thing I heard about their QNX phones supposedly going to be all touch screen devices. Thanks Mike
    11-22-11 02:45 PM
    Dropping keyboards would definitely be the death of RIM and they know it.You will always have Blackberrys with physical keyboards
    11-22-11 02:45 PM
    I am happy to hear that. QNX would have to be very, very good if they wanted to keep me as a customer with a touch only device.
    mjordan5 likes this.
    11-22-11 03:05 PM
    I sure would like to see a sneek peek of a "London" phone with a keyboard on it to rest my weary mind...

make the keys even bigger for all I care. I have a bold 9900 btw. bigger is better. I wouldnt mind it thicker too. I dont know what the fuss is all about with thin this and that. Like the droid razer... too thin, cant hold it. My 9900 is too thin as well. Had to buy a hard case for it to make it thicker.
    anon(4086547) and mjordan5 like this.
    11-22-11 03:09 PM
    A device I would really love to see that would to see but don't know how it would actually work or how much I would like it. Would be a mix between the bold 9900 with its fanastic keyboard and the torch that way people that want the bigger screen have it but also have an amazing keyboard. Just a thought but don't know if I would actually buy it because it might be to big of a device idk.
    11-22-11 03:15 PM
    To me it seems like there's lots of room to improve the screen size on the 9900. Its not that I'm discontented but there's still plenty of wasted space that could be used for screen. In short, I think there's a lot of things they can do with 9900 form factor in the future to make it "new and inmproved"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 03:19 PM
    Dropping keyboards would definitely be the death of RIM and they know it.You will always have Blackberrys with physical keyboards
    I agree with this comment. That's the truth!
    11-22-11 04:09 PM
    there will be a porsche like qnx physical keyboard bb sometime next year after the launch of the porsche like qnx full touch bb.
    11-22-11 06:40 PM
    from what I have heard , the first BBX device would be all touch screen just like the torch 9850 and 60. BBX will come out around q3 2012 and maybe the true bbx blackberry with keyboard of course will release the year after with a much better and improved BBX. I think my bold 9900 will serve me for the next 3 years pretty well lol
    11-22-11 08:07 PM
    from what I have heard , the first BBX device would be all touch screen just like the torch 9850 and 60. BBX will come out around q3 2012 and maybe the true bbx blackberry with keyboard of course will release the year after with a much better and improved BBX. I think my bold 9900 will serve me for the next 3 years pretty well lol
    Not true, you'll get bored and upgrade in....14 months tops.

11-22-11 08:09 PM
    I sure would like to see a sneek peek of a "London" phone with a keyboard on it to rest my weary mind...

make the keys even bigger for all I care. I have a bold 9900 btw. bigger is better. I wouldnt mind it thicker too. I dont know what the fuss is all about with thin this and that. Like the droid razer... too thin, cant hold it. My 9900 is too thin as well. Had to buy a hard case for it to make it thicker.
    Yeah, and put a bigger battery in there!
    11-22-11 08:29 PM
    As soon as they get rid of the keyboard i pretty much have no reason for a blackberry anymore haha
    11-22-11 10:26 PM
    From some of the rumors about the QNX devices whenever they do come out. Alot of the people think that they will be all touchscreen devices. If this is true will RIM stop making the devices that are basically keeping them alive the Full QWERTY devices the 99xx's having the best keyboard out of em all. Do you think RIM would really should themself in the foot on this one and drop the only design that is keeping most of the blackberry users around with the full qwerty because if they go to a full touch screen device.

I believe most people are going to say why be limited on apps when its the same experience that you would get on iOS or Android and not talking about OS wise I mean with the way the body design is. Just something I was thinking about after reading some of the rumors going around the new QNX phones let me know what you guys think. Mike
    Rim will never give up the qwerty keyboard. You will probably start to see more touchscreen devices in their lineup but the physical keyboard is here to stay.
    11-22-11 10:35 PM
    I hope they wouldn't give up on the keyboard. I use my wife's 9930 all the time and I think that I'm falling in love with BB all over again. The keyboard is just unbeatable. It is the one thing that makes me want to come back.

11-23-11 12:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD