I'm getting very close to upgrading from my 9650 to a 9930. I've played with the 9930 a few times. Like it.

My question is, does anyone think the touchscreen is a pain at times? Any complaints about it?

I like my PlayBook a lot and love the touchscreen. But I find it lighting up when I don't want it to sometimes. Like when I'm moving it, plug it on or unplug etc.

Would love to hear some feedback on the 99xx touchscreen. Thanks!
    03-27-12 09:51 PM
    You don't have to use the touch screen. I came from a 9650 and like my 9930.
    03-27-12 10:05 PM
    No complaints about the touchscreen and I didn't think I'd ever use it but I find myself using the screen quite often (still type on my keyboard though)
    03-27-12 10:10 PM
    I felt the same way as you at first. I also came from a 9650. Just do it. Trust me. The 9930 is so delicious
    03-27-12 10:13 PM
    I came from a 9630 and the touchscreen is just fine on it. If you don't ever want to use it, you won't have to; simply use the trackpad like you normally would with your 9650.

A few hours after using the 9930 and still setting up the phone, I would check something on my 9630 and find myself trying to tap the screen . There isn't really a downside to having the touchscreen since you don't HAVE to use it, it's just there if you want to.
    03-27-12 10:25 PM
    I'm getting very close to upgrading from my 9650 to a 9930. I've played with the 9930 a few times. Like it.

My question is, does anyone think the touchscreen is a pain at times? Any complaints about it?

I like my PlayBook a lot and love the touchscreen. But I find it lighting up when I don't want it to sometimes. Like when I'm moving it, plug it on or unplug etc.

Never a hassle. The trifecta of keyboard, trackpad and touchscreen makes the experience uniquely blackberry, and blackberrys are delicious

Sent from Blackberry Playbook
    shemaree09 likes this.
    03-27-12 10:27 PM
    i think we are all in accord that it would be a most delicious decision
    03-27-12 10:55 PM
    No issues here at all. Coming from Bold 9700 to 9900 I found that the touch screen made my work on the phone easier than ever before. I am so used to having a touch screen with a keyboard now, when I help my mom with issues on her 9780, I occasionally out of habit touch her screen trying to select items.

I really like the touch RIM did for the Bold form factor.
    03-27-12 11:07 PM
    No hassle at all... Don't know what I'd do without it.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    03-28-12 12:33 AM
    I do find it to be a "hassle" at times. My fingers don't work very well with touch screens and with the screen protector I have (which came with my Otterbox Commuter) it can drive me crazy to try and use the screen and not have it work with my fingers and then be required to use the trackpad to do what I want. My major complaint is that there's no adjustment options for the touchscreen.

That being said, coming from a 9700, I love having the touchscreen to do things with (when it's working right) and the jump up in speed and OS and everything else is very awesome. So I agree, go for it and never look back. Even if your use of the touchscreen is minimal (as mine is) it'll be worth the upgrade.
    03-28-12 02:00 AM
    The combination of touchscreen and keyboard is awesome. I find my touchscreen unresponsive in direct sunlight, but I just switch to the trackpad. Just see it as a bonus!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-28-12 02:44 AM
    I can't go back from a 9930/9900/9810 to a 9650.

Also the 9930 is a bit different than a PB since you can hold it by the entire bottom half of the phone (and it has the lock button). It's not just a big screen like the PB so it's not as much of an issue.
    03-28-12 02:55 AM
    No way, it's awesome.

Occasionally, I use my brother's 8530 and I don't know how I ever got on with my 9700.... The touch screen makes it so much easier and quicker to use.
    03-28-12 02:58 AM
    Good feedback, thanks! So a screen protector isn't recommended?
    03-28-12 03:25 AM
    Always put a screen protector on any capacative touchscreen. You will regret it if you don't.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    pcwilliams likes this.
    03-28-12 03:30 AM

One big complaint (friend's with other non-BB touchscreen phones have the same problem).... Occasionally my cheek will touch the touchscreen and put the phone into speakerphone mode instead of handset mode - instant big increase in volume!

I think you can get an app that will stop this - but no idea what the app is called. Does anybody know?
    03-28-12 06:06 AM
    One big complaint (friend's with other non-BB touchscreen phones have the same problem).... Occasionally my cheek will touch the touchscreen and put the phone into speakerphone mode instead of handset mode - instant big increase in volume!

I have had the 9900 for about 3 months now and have never accidentally activated anything on the touchscreen when putting the phone to my ear for a call. Just saying.

The 9900 is indeed delicious... But sometimes I wish I could turn the touchscreen off for two reasons.

First, battery life. I would think itd be possible to squeeze a little more life out of the battery if the touchscreen was off.

Second, my fat fingers sometimes hit the bottom of the touchscreen when I'm scrolling with the touchpad. Makes the screen go crazy. A simple touch to the screen sets it right again, so its not a huge deal.

Get the 9900. Best. Blackberry. Ever.

Meropesado
    03-28-12 06:39 AM
    It's not a hassle at all. It's Awesome! It makes doing Everything on your BB a little bit easier/faster, in turn making it a lot more productive. Whenever I have to help my wife with her Curve, I am constantly trying to touch the screen and I think "there's no way I could go back". Upgrade and Enjoy!
    03-28-12 06:52 AM
    The combination of the keyboard and touchscreen are great!
    03-28-12 07:32 AM
    I like the use of the word "delicious" here. That is exactly the way it feels to handle a 9900: "DELICIOUS"!
    03-28-12 07:39 AM
    I do have one problem with it, you have to make sure you lock the keypad before you grab it off the table for example, with my 9700 I could just hold it by the screen, with the 9900 you either touch something on the screen or press a button by mistake.

However, when it comes to quickly selecting menus etc it's a winner, makes me quite a bit faster.
    03-28-12 07:41 AM
    Ok, so if the phone is locked the touch screen doesn't activate? I'm talking about not password locked, just regular.

I pick up my 9650 any old way now and I was thinking with the touch I'd be accidentally pressing buttons.

Interesting about the touch screen on phone calls activating the speaker.
    03-28-12 08:09 AM
    Get the 9930 you won't be disappointed and it is thinner and wider than the other Bolds so it is easy to one hand all the buttons. Make sure you get 7.1 it runs faster. No problems with touch screen it rocks.
    03-28-12 08:27 AM
    I find it a nice bonus!

Like many have mentioned, you dont have to use it, but it comes in handy when you wanna quickly launch an app, scroll down a webpage, flip through pictures or zoom.

i love the options!!
    03-28-12 10:00 AM
    The No. 1 area where I find the touchscreen "a boon" for me is when you're browsing some webpage & things are way too small.

Making things larger is jus' sooo easy on this ... wow !! Thanks RIM ...
    03-28-12 11:24 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD