I've been reading through the forums and I've seen that some people have talked about the 9900/9930 having mobile Hotspot capabilities. How possible is it that an update will allow for this? If the update does come, do you think we would have to pay the extra tethering fees?
    08-13-11 10:09 AM
    Enabled, not set up.

Very possible (Carrier dependent)

Carrier dependent
    08-13-11 10:16 AM
    Strange thing is my wife has iphone with Telus which wifi hotspot is available, but 9900 I cannot seem to find the option. And were both with telus and Same plan.
    08-13-11 11:06 AM
    Be that as it may, the unit is new, it is capable of creating a wireless hotspot, I know, because Bell is coming out with the update that will allow it's subscribers to do this in an update (software).

You need to speak to a Telus rep. I would assume that if Bell is doing it, then Telus probably will...idk
    08-13-11 11:08 AM
    Be that as it may, the unit is new, it is capable of creating a wireless hotspot, I know, because Bell is coming out with the update that will allow it's subscribers to do this in an update (software).

You need to speak to a Telus rep. I would assume that if Bell is doing it, then Telus probably will...idk
    i know that telus has confirm hotspot and telus is not charging for thetering!!!
    08-13-11 07:31 PM
    08-13-11 07:33 PM
    Why is it the carriers are never ready with a feature that a) makes them money and b) should be there at launch especially given they certified the device to begin with.
    08-13-11 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD