I posted almost the same thing over on the 9810 forum, as I have been disappointed in the low, barely usable earpiece speaker volume on the 9810 Torch during incoming calls. I am thinking about coming back to BB...but that's not going to be possible if I can't hear conversations. I have some hearing loss, but up until now that hasn't been an issue...since the Curve & Bold series have all had excellent performance in this area.

So...how is the earpiece speaker in the 99xx? I know this is a very subjective topic...but I'd like to know how much real adjustability it has.
    08-29-11 07:42 AM
    Pretty crisp + Clear. Quality is good.
    08-29-11 07:52 AM
    I have had no issues with respect to sound from the speakers/earpiece/BT Headset.

It's not as loud as my 9780 (but only an Airbus 330 came close...LoL), sounds a bit more tinny than my 8520, but I can get a higher volume. I have seen reports from forum members that say they can get higher volume with less degradation on higher levels. I think the version is .351 or .357? Sorry, it's early...
    08-29-11 07:53 AM
    Are there Enhanced Audio settings in the 99xx? There are in Os5 under Phone Options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 08:07 AM
    Yes, from the Call screen hit the BB button and go to Options>Call Management, then you can choose individual settings like Volume Control and Audio Enhancement. Set up presets/defaults.
    08-29-11 08:14 AM
    its really nice and loud...

I was at the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) on the weekend and it's REALLY loud there.. I was able to have a conversation and give directions to friends meeting up with us no problem.
    08-29-11 08:59 AM
    I'm very satisfied...I did change the Treble settings and its much improved.
    08-29-11 09:26 AM
    mine too is very clear. i am impressed with it so far.
    08-29-11 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD