I am using a 9930 on Sprint. Whenever the phone switches to a roaming signal, about 70 percent of the time it fails to reconnect to 3g once I am back in a 3g area, i.e. it is leaving roaming but not reconnecting 3g data services. (the other 30 percent it switches back to 3g data just fine). If I turn off the antenna and turn it back on it will connect to the 3g signal right away and be fine until I roam again.

I have Network selection set to "Automatic" and Network technology set to "1XEV".

Any thoughts on what could be the cause of this? A setting somewhere? I experienced the same problem on my Tour, but did not get it resolved before switching to the 9930.

Thanks,

- Kyle
    06-21-12 01:52 PM
    The issue "loosing connection"for 9900/9930 have been discussed for a long time. Althought many report improvement on reception changing the OS for a newer one, its possible to conclude that we have a hardware (radio) issue in this devices (wich not occur in older models). Maybe the steel case could be the reason for low signal . Try to get a new OS version, you should expect at least a little improvement
    06-21-12 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD