Hello,

Not sure what the problem is but I'm hoping someone can help. Had the 9650 OS5 with DM version 5.0.1 and everything worked like a charm. Now I have the 9930 (for 3 weeks) and have ungraded my DM to version 6.1.0.35 this afternoon. For the first 3 weeks that I had my 9930 and I opened DM...connect my 9930 with the usb cable.....the 9930 would connect to DM just fine.

Just last week when I went to charge my 9930 (at 35% battery) I got the black plug and NOT the lightning bolt. I did a battery pull I then I was able to get the lightning bolt. Got my Seidio charging pod so I no longer charge by the charging port on the phone.

Now....back to the beginning. Why did my 9930 and DM stop recognizing each other? I have the latest official version from Verizon (7.1.0.163) I have the latest DM installed on my pc (XP). The only way as of right now that I can get my 9930 to be recognize by DM is to do a battery pull. Plug the usb cable back into the phone and now DM will recognize it. Then I can sync everything. I still have the same usb cable that I used with my 99650. Like I said....everything was working just fine until last week. Any help would be most welcome to get this issue resolved. Thank you!
    04-01-12 11:37 AM
    Is it only DM that's not recognizing it or is it that it's taking a lomg time for XP to recognize it? With mine, it always takes DM 2-3 minutes to connect to the device even though it's recognized immediately by XP.

A few months back, I had a similar problem where it took XP a minute or so to recognize my 9900 so during an OS restall's boot up, DM/loader always came back and said the device wasn't connected; even though it just backed up the device. Long story short, it turned out to be the pc's card reader. There was something wrong with it where it was taking XP a long time to populate the reader's "removable" drives. As soon as I disconnected the card reader from the motherboard, no more problems with connecting to my 9900.
    04-01-12 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD