Wow this is amazing! I came here to create this exact thread, and here ya go!

Anyway, Epitome, have you purchased yet? What are your thoughts?

I think I'll start with the Torch since it's cheaper. I do a LOT of texting, but if QNX phones will not have physical keyboard I might as well get used to it.

By the way, does anyone know if that's really true? (no physical keyboards on QNX)
    09-17-11 11:45 AM
    well, I purchased the 9860 but it went back the next day because it was just too inefficient without a keyboard. I looked all over town for a Bold and finally found one the next day. Loving it!

One of the things I LOVED about BB, coming from Android, was how every thing was simple and straightforward. Having that touch screen kind of took away some of the simplicity for me.
    09-22-11 02:01 PM
    I have had my Torch for several days now, and while I love the phone overall, I am making to many mistakes with the virtual keyboard. I went to Sprint today to play with the Bold, and the keyboard was perfect...the screen was just too small. Being that it is my work phone, I will likely go with the Bold (I have a Motorola Triumph as my personal phone).
    10-10-11 06:52 PM
    Tough decision, good luck!
    10-10-11 06:54 PM
    I have both phones at home. I picked up the 9930 for me & the 9850 for my girlfriend. We're both coming off of Storm 1's so we are used to virtual keyboards. I picked up the 9930 just to try the physical keyboard & I really thought I would return it for the 9850 but after a few days I'm thinking that I will keep it.

I do mainly email, RSS reading & some web browsing with the phone & so far the 9930 has handled these perfectly. The combination of physical keyboard with a touch screen just works really well for me. I do miss the aditional screen real estate at times but, for me, the physical keyboard makes up for it.
    My household is similar. I have the Bold and she has the Touch. I really really envy her screen size every time I mess around with her device to be honest. But, I could never live again without my keyboard shortcuts. I don't browse much but do loads of typing. I am happy with what I have, actually, we are happy with what we have. We both enjoy playing with each others devices for a while then rush back to our own.

In short it is entirely up to the individual. Go play with both and make a decision on what to get. The more expensive route is to buy one for yourself and another for your wife/gf and have both and your disposal to make a decision within the return timeframe.

I love my bold!
    10-10-11 11:44 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD