I have 9930 on Sprint which has barely any reception at work. Going to switch to VZ. Can I use my Sprint phone on the VZ network? I don't want to sign a contract until BB10 comes out. Thanks.
    09-18-12 05:05 PM
    maybe. they both use CDMA. I would ask Verizon.
    09-18-12 05:10 PM
    Unless something has changed recently, Sprint allows roaming and data roaming using Verizon's network at no charge.

I would try to roam before switching carriers

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-18-12 05:31 PM
    I would call verizon and ask. I know prior that they would no because the software does not match. But who knows today with all the carriers grabbing for new post paid customers they just might.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-18-12 05:38 PM
    long as your Sprint phone is unlocked you can use it on VZW. I think i'm correct anyone else verify this? I asked VZW when they unlocked my phone and they said I could use Sprint.
    09-18-12 05:46 PM
    Verizon will not allow you to activate a Sprint branded device on their network.

Note that "unlocked" doesn't have anything to do with CDMA devices and networks.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-18-12 05:58 PM
    Verizon will not allow you to activate a Sprint branded device on their network.

Note that "unlocked" doesn't have anything to do with CDMA devices and networks.

100% correct. Unlocking has to do with GSM phones and them accepting other carrier's sim cards.
    Verizon and Sprint are CDMA, policy states that they will only activate esn's that belong to them. And even if they were willing to activate the phone it would need to have the PRL reflashed so it could work.
    09-18-12 06:17 PM
    I believe that is correct. Verizon will not activate another carrier's esn.
    09-18-12 06:54 PM
    Best way is the indirect way. Sign up with Page Plus (via Kitty Wireless). You will need to get your phone flashed for Page Plus which runs on the Verizon lines. 2g is all you will get. Page Plus have no contract plans and you either pay monthly or every 120 days depending on which plan you choose.
    09-19-12 06:52 AM
    I thought Verizon had blocked BlackBerry Data on PagePlus.
    09-19-12 11:16 AM
    I thought Verizon had blocked BlackBerry Data on PagePlus.
    They did. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/#post6058670
    09-19-12 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD