Seeing some strange behavior with the touch screen:

* The ribbon at the top with the connections doesn't always respond.
    * The ribbon indicating the number of messages became unresponsive until I ended a chat in BBM.
    * I've also had it where swiping the icons left of right didn't work.
    * A couple times I would touch a part of the screen and it would launch something on another part of the screen.

With most of these, they seem to work again when bringing focus with the track pad but, not always, not always even responding to the trackpad. After messing with the search, everything seemed to start working again normally. I don't think this is a hardware problem.

Anyone else seeing anything like this?

Aside from this, it's been a great experience. I have been kind of surprised how much I use the touch screen.
    08-27-11 02:26 PM
    Same thing happened to mine. Take it back to the store and have them 'troubleshoot' it - I didn't and pressed a bit harder which shattered the entire screen. Verizon would not even look at it though it is clearly a hardware issue - especially since the shatter point is directly over the text icon. I've had the phone for less than a week.
    09-03-11 03:43 PM
    I had something similar happen to mine after I downloaded a beta app without removing the app it was replacing first. Anyway right after I did that I had your problem. I deleted apps and did battery pulls but nothing worked so I backed up my phone and did a security wipe. It works great ever since. A pain but it might have been my fault anyway. Regardless I'm keeping an eye on it. If it happens again I'll swap it out
    09-03-11 03:56 PM
    I'm so irritated - in order to get the screen fixed it's either pay the $100 deductible or pay outrageous fees for RIM to replace it. The Verizon rep said if it hadn't shattered they would've replaced it at the store level; because it's physical damage, regardless of the fact that the rep couldn't get the touch to work when he inspected the phone, it has to be claimed through insurance. It would be one thing if it had been in my purse or pocket and it cracked, but I was using it and the damage was due to my own finger. Crap
    09-03-11 04:09 PM
    Seeing some strange behavior with the touch screen:

* The ribbon at the top with the connections doesn't always respond.
    * The ribbon indicating the number of messages became unresponsive until I ended a chat in BBM.
    * I've also had it where swiping the icons left of right didn't work.
    * A couple times I would touch a part of the screen and it would launch something on another part of the screen.

With most of these, they seem to work again when bringing focus with the track pad but, not always, not always even responding to the trackpad. After messing with the search, everything seemed to start working again normally. I don't think this is a hardware problem.

Anyone else seeing anything like this?

Aside from this, it's been a great experience. I have been kind of surprised how much I use the touch screen.
    I have personally found comparing my own new 9930 touchscreen and my friends iPhone touch screen that if you are not use to swiping or a touch screen, putting your finger in just the wrong place meaning overlapping something else by a hair will open something else when you think something went wrong and the same with swiping.

I think it is really getting use to these actions and the problems we think we have will go away, try and see if that does not work paying more attetion to what and where you are touching.

I hope this helps because it helped me and I have no issues you mentioned above...Sorry!
    09-03-11 04:10 PM
    I just have horrible luck like that. I've already paid the deductible to get a replacement...not happy about it but after using the 9930 for a week I don't think I'd be happy going back to the 9650 or any of the prior berries!
    09-03-11 04:31 PM
    You may want to update to .353 before replacing it or alternatively reflash your existing OS. I had this on the Torch and was a software, not hardware problem. That's not saying yours isn't but try it first.
    09-03-11 04:36 PM
    There are definitely OS issues with the 9930. I have found that certain apps cause issues with the device. I had a terrible time with google sync it kept crashing my device. It going to take a new OS release to correct some of these issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 04:51 PM
    This phone is very annoying at times. Yes I'm having some touch screen issues as well...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 05:33 PM
    My issue with the touch screen is when Im talking on the phone my chin / ear disconnects them and I end up having to go through the proccess of ending the call then calling them back. It also does something like putting them on hold and then dialing them again but Im not completely sure what its really doing.
    Does anyone have a issue similar to this and if so any ideas on how to correct this. Im basically ready to return this phone and ask for something different !!!

Thanks
    09-29-11 11:28 AM
    The touchscreen has issues, but still love the phone. Not all parts of websites work on the Bold screen. Very frustrating at most times. Good thing there's a track pad! When you buy a phone, it should work 100% One of my complaints about this 9930.
    10-03-11 06:55 AM
    I ordered a 9930 for an executive, where I work, and the touchscreen doesn't work at all. Not even a little. It's like they didn't put in the hardware to make it a touchscreen.

First time that has ever happened. I've been ordering BB's, Android's and iPhone's for the last 5 years (and however long the other 2 have been out) and this is the first time a touchscreen has failed to work.

Everything else works perfectly....So weird.

He doesn't know it's a touchscreen, so I just gave it to him.
    10-05-11 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD