Verion 9930 user here, had this phone since it was first released. I don't use many apps, just the Gmail app, WeChat (like WhatsApp, but made by Chinese developers), and that weather app everyone has... However, sometimes composing, opening, or deleting emails, texts, or whatever takes quite a few seconds. Does anyone else have this issue or know what this may be caused by?
    06-16-13 05:45 PM
    When's the last time you did a battery pull?
    06-16-13 06:40 PM
    When is the last time you cleared the browser cache? How about given your Bold a good security wipe? Checked the files for hidden stuff that takes up memory? Reloaded your os?

Have you tried any of those things? The hardware is solid, but the software sometimes needs a little tlc.
    06-16-13 07:14 PM
    When's the last time you did a battery pull?
    Do that almost everyday. Here's why: for some reason, at least once per day, all the sounds would be disabled on my phone - I can't hear when I call, I can't play music, videos, or get any ringer. I have to do a battery pull to fix it.

When is the last time you cleared the browser cache? How about given your Bold a good security wipe? Checked the files for hidden stuff that takes up memory? Reloaded your os?

Have you tried any of those things? The hardware is solid, but the software sometimes needs a little tlc.
    Never did any of those... Not technically savvy enough and don't want to mess it up
    06-17-13 05:47 AM
    Well, no wonder you're having problems! Just start with one thing at a time. First : Open your browser, click the menu button and clear your cache.

The "losing sounds" issue can be resolved with an operating system reload. It may seem daunting (I didn't even attempt any of that stuff for 2 years of owning a BlackBerry! ), but like everything in life, all we have to do is learn how. Once we learn, the fear is gone and replaced with knowledge and confidence.

Via Zeppelin 10
    06-17-13 05:55 AM
    06-17-13 07:51 AM
    Well, no wonder you're having problems! Just start with one thing at a time. First : Open your browser, click the menu button and clear your cache.

The "losing sounds" issue can be resolved with an operating system reload. It may seem daunting (I didn't even attempt any of that stuff for 2 years of owning a BlackBerry! ), but like everything in life, all we have to do is learn how. Once we learn, the fear is gone and replaced with knowledge and confidence.

Via Zeppelin 10
    Just cleared my cache, did not notice much different. I will try reinstalling the OS today early afternoon. Hopefully I won't mess anything up!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-17-13 07:53 AM
    Reinstalled the OS. So far it did not help. Phone froze when I tried to add a location on the weather app.
    Edit1: And now every time I restart the phone, a Java error message shows up.
    Edit2: And my BB App World looks like this as soon as I open it:

Last edited by agp423; 06-17-13 at 01:32 PM.
    06-17-13 01:06 PM
    I would of wiped the phone as your last resort but too late now. There are a several things to help improve your phone. clearing out your browser cache & data log, apps to clear your ram, deleting all your messages and text messages when not needed. Battery pull helps a lot too, but i would recommend installing Quickpull. It'll restart your phone for you so you dont have to take the battery out.
    06-17-13 01:47 PM
    Question on BBSAK, there's an app now on my phone called BBSAK, which I'm assuming contains all the backed up apps... I deleted this before, and all the apps were gone. So I had to reinstall it... Can I delete this without losing all my apps and app info?
    06-17-13 02:33 PM
    Question on BBSAK, there's an app now on my phone called BBSAK, which I'm assuming contains all the backed up apps... I deleted this before, and all the apps were gone. So I had to reinstall it... Can I delete this without losing all my apps and app info?
    Yes. Apps are tied to your BBID and will always be available in BlackBerry World.

Via Zeppelin 10
    06-17-13 03:16 PM
    So if I remove BBSAK from my phone, I would have to reinstall all the apps via BB App World?
    06-17-13 07:46 PM
    So if I remove BBSAK from my phone, I would have to reinstall all the apps via BB App World?
    Apparently when I remove BBSAK via BBDM, it removes all the apps that are restored on BBSAK, but does not remove BBSAK itself from the BB. And phone does not seem any faster.

Regrets.
    06-17-13 08:35 PM