So, the 9930 comes with a little plastic screen protector, but it has a flap hanging off the top which makes it unusable for the long term. The trick is to cut the little flap off with scissors and you will have a perfectly fitting no bubble screen protector on the phone for free.

Obviously if you already pulled it off it is too late, but keep this in mind for future phones. I've been doing this with devices for the past 2 years and it's the best way to protect your screen.
    09-28-11 08:52 AM
    So, the 9930 comes with a little plastic screen protector, but it has a flap hanging off the top which makes it unusable for the long term. The trick is to cut the little flap off with scissors and you will have a perfectly fitting no bubble screen protector on the phone for free.

Obviously if you already pulled it off it is too late, but keep this in mind for future phones. I've been doing this with devices for the past 2 years and it's the best way to protect your screen.
    Ugggh! When I got my phone, the woman selling me the phone ripped it off to work on the phone... !@#$%!
    09-28-11 09:00 AM
    That's just a temporary protector for shipping. Same as the plastic that is on the back and around the charger. It's not meant to be used long term. Get a real protector for long term use!
    09-28-11 09:10 AM
    This is wat i did. and i love it. It'd have to do till my otterbox commuter gets here.
    09-28-11 09:56 AM
    That's just a temporary protector for shipping. Same as the plastic that is on the back and around the charger. It's not meant to be used long term. Get a real protector for long term use!
    Why? This has always protected my screens from the little scratches my phone would have eventually had on the screen from my pocket or being placed face down on a table.
    09-28-11 10:05 AM
    My first 9930 had to be replaced and when I went in store to the replace it the terrible rep I was working with took it off just like in dimm0k's case. I never had any intention of keeping it on for forever and ever but as a college student I just didn't have the money to buy a new phone, case and screen protector all in one check.
    09-28-11 10:06 AM
    My first 9930 had to be replaced and when I went in store to the replace it the terrible rep I was working with took it off just like in dimm0k's case. I never had any intention of keeping it on for forever and ever but as a college student I just didn't have the money to buy a new phone, case and screen protector all in one check.
    Same here... would have liked to have had the option to peel it off myself when I got the phone. It's like getting a present and before even getting the present in your hands, someone else opens it up for you. WTF! I want that satisfaction!
    09-28-11 11:15 AM
    Not gonna lie, I laugh every time I see someone with the original plastic cover still on their screens. Those things bubble up so fast and they're so flimsy, they really don't offer a whole lot of protection. For the price that screen protectors are these days, it makes sense just to buy a 3 pack and be done...
    thinktankz likes this.
    09-28-11 11:25 AM
    Not gonna lie, I laugh every time I see someone with the original plastic cover still on their screens. Those things bubble up so fast and they're so flimsy, they really don't offer a whole lot of protection. For the price that screen protectors are these days, it makes sense just to buy a 3 pack and be done...
    I've been doing this for a while and it takes a very long time to bubble. The trick is that you have to cut off the extra flap, that is the cause of the bubbling. I'll show you a picture of mine in a month and you will see it doesn't bubble.
    09-28-11 01:46 PM
    I left mine on for the 1st week and noticed a lot of scratches on it. It's good short term, but isn't made of the same durable material as a real screen protector.
    09-28-11 01:59 PM
    I'm guessing you didn't read the thread where the person attempted to scratch the screen with various sharp objects such as keys and wire cutter and surprisingly it withstood anything thrown its way.

So basically stop/dont spend $$ on a protector!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-11 02:08 PM
    I'm guessing you didn't read the thread where the person attempted to scratch the screen with various sharp objects such as keys and wire cutter and surprisingly it withstood anything thrown its way.

So basically stop/dont spend $$ on a protector!
    I wouldn't bank on that test. Sand in your pocket is probably the biggest risk to look out for (ie: glass will cut glass...)
    09-28-11 02:16 PM
    I wouldn't bank on that test. Sand in your pocket is probably the biggest risk to look out for (ie: glass will cut glass...)
    Sand in your pocket? Do you live on a beach?
    09-30-11 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD