Need informed advice. Been using a 9650 for 2 + yeara ands I like. I'm retired and in all honesty I don't think I can justify the price of the Q10 as much as I would like to have it. Bestbuy mobil just listed the 9930 for $49 with 2 year contract were as Sprint still wants $199 w/2 year. I mostly txt & email n read forums. Question is will I like this phone? I love Blackberry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    02-13-13 04:34 PM
    The 9930 is the best device I've ever owned. I've had a few of the top tiered Android devices (Bionic, Galaxy Nexus, Note 2) and have always returned to the 9930, because I'm most comfortable with it. I plan to try out the new models when they release, but have no intention of selling my 9930, instead I'll just keep it for backup.
    kenorian and loooking like this.
    02-13-13 04:47 PM
    i love my 9930 and it is a great phone. i am looking forward to the Q10 and if you are going to be browsing maybe that is the way to go. but my 9930 handles my workload and needs and i always have my playbook with me so its a perfect match imo
    02-13-13 04:50 PM
    Need informed advice. Been using a 9650 for 2 + yeara ands I like. I'm retired and in all honesty I don't think I can justify the price of the Q10 as much as I would like to have it. Bestbuy mobil just listed the 9930 for $49 with 2 year contract were as Sprint still wants $199 w/2 year. I mostly txt & email n read forums. Question is will I like this phone? I love Blackberry.

I recently switched from BB9650 to BB9930. Bought an old phone for $200 off e-Bay, didn't have to extend my Sprint contract.

If you mostly text and email, it may not be worth it. But if you do anything else (apps, browsing, maps, etc) then it makes a big difference. BB9930 is so much faster than the BB9650. I'm loving it.
    02-13-13 10:07 PM
    I would buy one off kijiji/craigslist and then you may be able to get a cheaper contract! ~200-250. Its like the 9650, but WAY BETTER
    02-13-13 10:14 PM

Wait at least 3 to 6months both the Q10 that I own as we speak and the Z10 will drop at east 30 to 40 points by summer or by fall wait a little more and you will be able to score a Q10 for a lot less in what they are currently selling at this time and times

Tom

Sent By BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
    02-13-13 10:47 PM
    I would buy one off kijiji/craigslist and then you may be able to get a cheaper contract! ~200-250. Its like the 9650, but WAY BETTER
    Yeah this is a great idea. Do this then you can resell it. Cheers
    02-14-13 12:24 AM
    For your requirements, the 9930 will suit you just fine and achieve all you want to do at what is now a reasonable price. My 9900 has certainly served me well, it's the best BB prior to 10.

If you can wait till the Q10 is released, the cost of the 9930 will drop further I'm sure.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dangerousfen; 02-14-13 at 04:02 AM.
    02-14-13 03:11 AM
    After also carrying a 9650 for a couple years or so, I have to say the 99** is the best BlackBerry I have ever used. I must point out that while I manage nearly all aspects of my personal and adult life with software on the device, I'm not an app-centric sort nor do I care about bleeding edge or having the newest latest and greatest. Due to money constraints I never worried too much about upgrading until I knew I could. I only recently left Verizon to save a few bucks, picked up a T-Mobile branded 9900 and put it on a prepaid carrier called Simple Mobile. Have been so excessively satisfied with this device!

I actually loved the 9650 so much I installed a theme on this device called "Classic 6", should you get a 99**, install it and you'll really feel right at home.

If on the other hand you feel open to a whole new interface and system, go for BB10. If you would just prefer a much sped up classic BlackBerry experience with a tremendous keyboard, get that Bold. My 9900 has not let me down one bit and believe me, I am a heavy user. The only thing I can't say anything good or bad about is social networking; I don't want anything to do with Facebook, Twitter, or etc. Other than that, think on your needs
    02-14-13 04:35 AM
    After also carrying a 9650 for a couple years or so, I have to say the 99** is the best BlackBerry I have ever used. I must point out that while I manage nearly all aspects of my personal and adult life with software on the device, I'm not an app-centric sort nor do I care about bleeding edge or having the newest latest and greatest. Due to money constraints I never worried too much about upgrading until I knew I could. I only recently left Verizon to save a few bucks, picked up a T-Mobile branded 9900 and put it on a prepaid carrier called Simple Mobile. Have been so excessively satisfied with this device!

I actually loved the 9650 so much I installed a theme on this device called "Classic 6", should you get a 99**, install it and you'll really feel right at home.

If on the other hand you feel open to a whole new interface and system, go for BB10. If you would just prefer a much sped up classic BlackBerry experience with a tremendous keyboard, get that Bold. My 9900 has not let me down one bit and believe me, I am a heavy user. The only thing I can't say anything good or bad about is social networking; I don't want anything to do with Facebook, Twitter, or etc. Other than that, think on your needs
    Thanx so much for your valued remarks. I will take your advice.

02-14-13 09:20 PM
    I'm a confirmed BB fanboy, but just don't see the Z10 as the answer for quite a while... hopefully in the future but not convinced of that. My wife and five kids have a mix of iPhones and Droids. One, like me, has the 9930. We love it. It's solid, functional and just plain gets the job done. I just bought a new case, battery and screen protector for it. So, yes, go for it.
    02-14-13 11:06 PM
    best thing about this device.........hands down.....data usage :-D i watch 2-3 one hour + youtube videos a day not on wifi......i've had mine for 3 weeks. I have used 0.4GB......that is WITH constant email for work, googling like its my job, downloads.

Thing has all the greatness of a touch smartphone but barely uses any data at all.

When i got the phone i had a 6GB per month allowance at like $100 per month for the data. I actually downgraded today to 2GB for the month for $40 because i dont even believe i will need 1GB :-D
    02-14-13 11:58 PM