Where are the updates for the 9930???? 9900 users got to enjoy .400 and now even .500 while us lowly CDMAers sit in the .300 I'm dying here. give me some 9930 OS love. leaked official......doesn't matter to me..... just give me something......
    11-11-11 06:09 AM
    Is there something about the OS version you have that isn't working?
    11-11-11 07:15 AM
    Is there something about the OS version you have that isn't working?
    Yeah seriously, the latest VZW update is exceptional! Guess some want updates for updates sake...
    11-11-11 08:19 AM
    Yeah seriously, the latest VZW update is exceptional! Guess some want updates for updates sake...
    Yes, seriously. I do want an update for an updates sake. "if it ain't broke, dont fix it".....guess you would still have a storm.

So, back to the point. Where is my 9930 OS update????
    11-11-11 01:07 PM
    Sprint has yet to update their line. I'm sure we'll see something from them soon.

Also, US Cellular could still launch a 9930 soon which I'd bet has 4xx+
    11-11-11 01:27 PM
    Happy with .374, But got a Hybrid loaded with 7.1 files. Damn thing is solid
    11-11-11 01:29 PM
    Yes, seriously. I do want an update for an updates sake. "if it ain't broke, dont fix it".....guess you would still have a storm.

So, back to the point. Where is my 9930 OS update????
    Um there aren't any and if you knew Verizon you'd know you won't see another update for a while. .374 is solid and I don't see any need for an update at this point.
    11-11-11 03:49 PM
    Um there aren't any and if you knew Verizon you'd know you won't see another update for a while. .374 is solid and I don't see any need for an update at this point.
    "if I knew Verizon"? Come on Charlie Brown......don't take me for a Peanut......as an "addict" you should know I don't need an official release.....maybe have Luci explain to you how to utilize any 9930 OS, regardless of carrier.....even Pig-Pen knows there is always room for improvement.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-11 06:54 PM
    The new update for the Sprint 9930 will be out in "60 days", "this summer" or "shortly after DevCon" LOL.
    11-11-11 07:39 PM
    don't hold your breath...
    11-11-11 08:11 PM
    "if I knew Verizon"? Come on Charlie Brown......don't take me for a Peanut......as an "addict" you should know I don't need an official release.....maybe have Luci explain to you how to utilize any 9930 OS, regardless of carrier.....even Pig-Pen knows there is always room for improvement.....

I've had a BlackBerry since the beginning when they were just an email device which was probably before you were a glimmer in your daddy's eye. I don't need anyone to explain to me how to use a BlackBerry. If you don't like the release schedule for Verizon updates then by all means go to AT&T or T-Mobile...I wish you well..lol
    11-11-11 09:03 PM

Are you high? My gosh, here I'm a "genius" and I don't get why you come in here asking questions then be a **** to people who answer it suggesting that what you want may not happen how you want it to.

Download OSBB 374v2 [9930] w/7.1! and try that out and maybe you'll stop complaining your BlackBerry doesn't get new OS updates as often as you want.

Hopefully since you're so knowledgeable in Peanuts cartoons (btw, it's spelled Lucy not Luci), you'll understand that most leaks or officials were probably being tested by a carrier which *takes time*. It's not like RIM just hands them out at will and we all just grab it as soon as they wrap it up in a nice .exe file for us, fresh off the assembly line.

Get Twitter and follow @CrackBerry, @N4BB, @BerryReview, etc and you'll know the second a new OS is found.

Also, like John said, .374/7.1 is amalzing. You'll have 7.1 files and then your BB will be so up to date you won't have to worry about any leaks unless they also have 7.1 in them.
    11-11-11 09:44 PM
    I've had a BlackBerry since the beginning when they were just an email device which was probably before you were a glimmer in your daddy's eye. I don't need anyone to explain to me how to use a BlackBerry. If you don't like the release schedule for Verizon updates then by all means go to AT&T or T-Mobile...I wish you well..lol
    thanks for staying light hearted and keeping me feeling young! I think I may have gotten the Square all worked up..... I'm stuck with VZW, for better or worse......but still jealous of those with .400 and .500 OSs! Keep it real BB elder!
    11-11-11 10:48 PM
    Are you high? My gosh, here I'm a "genius" and I don't get why you come in here asking questions then be a **** to people who answer it suggesting that what you want may not happen how you want it to.

Download OSBB 374v2 [9930] w/7.1! and try that out and maybe you'll stop complaining your BlackBerry doesn't get new OS updates as often as you want.

Hopefully since you're so knowledgeable in Peanuts cartoons (btw, it's spelled Lucy not Luci), you'll understand that most leaks or officials were probably being tested by a carrier which *takes time*. It's not like RIM just hands them out at will and we all just grab it as soon as they wrap it up in a nice .exe file for us, fresh off the assembly line.

Get Twitter and follow @CrackBerry, @N4BB, @BerryReview, etc and you'll know the second a new OS is found.

Also, like John said, .374/7.1 is amalzing. You'll have 7.1 files and then your BB will be so up to date you won't have to worry about any leaks unless they also have 7.1 in them.

Thanks for the spell check "genius". So help me understand how comics will help me with mobile devices. Take your mood stabilizer and ask yourself who is really the a**. lighten up.....you will live longer and mostly likely stop assuming that those having some fun are high..... since sarcasm seems to be hard for you to interpret..... this would be an example of it. oh jeez, gosh, golly.... these kids are all hopped up on goofballs..... smile square, you look silly
    11-11-11 11:03 PM
    THIS IS HOW YOU UPDATE YOUR SOFTWARE IF YOUR DESKTOP MANAGER NEVER SHOWS UPDATES.

PLUS FOR BOLD 9900 FIXES THE BLACK LOCKED SCREEN WHEN MAKING CALLS ON HANDSET.

YOUR WELCOME

1) If you cannot update your bold 9900 on desktop manager you must delete DM(desktop manager) + the research in motion folder in program files + the research in motion folder in the common files folder. Then clean your registry (ccleaner best) restart PC, download and install DM again.

2) find a copy of any official or leaked OS you want. I just installed OS 7.0.0.503
    Downloads - BlackBerryOS.com download and install it. Then reboot PC again. After reboot go to step 3

3) open folders program files - common files - research in motion - apploader - delete the vendor.xml file at the bottom.

4) reboot again.

5) now open DM and plug phone in. It may say new device just wait a bit and click cancel.

6) a window will pop up asking you to update. just click update later because you will want to back up your phone just in case the auto back up doesn't work when you do the update.

7) now click the update should be a button right on the main screen. update should only take 8 - 15 minutes. Wait till it says ok to disconnect.

8) once disconnected dont get alarmed if your home screen picture is only covering half the screen, Now lets do a battery pull and wait.

9) might get a bunch of the garbage RIM intro videos just skip your way through, all your email accts, bbm, bbm groups should be back online in no time as well if your enterprise it will initialize on its own.

10) now go to pictures and set your wallpaper again to your favorite picture and it will be back to full screen again.

AND thats it easy peazy.

This update fixed the annoying proximity sensor issue where the phone would go black when making a call. Now it works like it should black when near face and lit up when away. * awesome !

Update Probably did more but thats all I cared about at this point.

BOLD 9900 BEST BB TO DATE
    Edit/Delete Message
    11-12-11 01:56 AM
    Yup, GSM devices get more updates than CDMA, and I believe it's simply because there are more users. It's frustrating, having to wait, but something I knew jumping from AT&T to VZW.
    I am looking forward to the Sprint release. Although .374 has been relatively stable I've had three random reboots in the last three days. I don't think it's hardware related, so I'm jonesing for a new OS.
    11-12-11 05:20 AM
    Last night (late) rroyy tweeted that he saw a 9930 OS 7.0.0.503 out there

Haven't heard anything about it since..

So please stop the infighting..
    tkcdamar likes this.
    11-12-11 07:39 AM
    Last night (late) rroyy tweeted that he saw a 9930 OS 7.0.0.503 out there

Haven't heard anything about it since..

So please stop the infighting..
    i support and agree to the end of the infighting! i hope rroyy is correct. any ideas on file locations? this would be GREAT news!!! thanks for the info and the moderation!
    11-12-11 08:58 AM
    i support and agree to the end of the infighting! i hope rroyy is correct. any ideas on file locations? this would be GREAT news!!! thanks for the info and the moderation!
    It was last night EST around 10:30pm'ish... And I think he's in Turkey..so it was late/very early for him.. He didn't give any location...

Hope he is able to put it out today or this evening..
    tkcdamar likes this.
    11-12-11 09:24 AM
    Well. I am still on 7.0.241 and I am not complaining. Would I like to see an upgrade, sure, but I am not haveing problems with my version now, so I am with the saying "if its not broken, don't fix it" I don't know why Sprint has not updated, but I am just as happy as can be with my BOLD 9930! Love reading all the comments tho. Most of you make my day!
    Barb
    11-12-11 09:26 AM
    I'm bored of this OS already. I want OS 9.

tkcdamar likes this.
    11-12-11 09:52 AM
    Well. I am still on 7.0.241 and I am not complaining. Would I like to see an upgrade, sure, but I am not haveing problems with my version now, so I am with the saying "if its not broken, don't fix it" I don't know why Sprint has not updated, but I am just as happy as can be with my BOLD 9930! Love reading all the comments tho. Most of you make my day!
    Barb

You know, you can use VZW's .374 on your network if you remove the vendor.xml files, right?

Use apploader.
    11-12-11 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD