- 12-28-2012, 06:12 AM #126I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
OS 10.2.1.2141 on VZW-HTTR forever
Need Sideloading Help? http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ur-z10-821005/
Need help using the CB10 App? http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-h...10-app-872463/
- 12-28-2012, 09:10 AM #127
9930 - Official OS 184.108.40.2065 from Verizon Wireless
Now that I'm back to .580 I have BBM7 and all my contacts, so it shouldn't be a problem. I just used DM to create a backup and downgraded.
I've always used DM for everything, so I'm not sure of the other ways.
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-29-2012, 10:12 AM #128
- 104 Posts
My Solution: Options -> Network & Connections -> Mobile Network -> Change "Network Technology" from Auto to 1XEV (for 9930/CDMA) and you may have to reboot for the change to take affect. It worked, whether it was a coincidence or not, I don't know.
Blackberry Bold 9930 on VZW
- 12-31-2012, 10:30 AM #130Rockin' PlayBook 220.127.116.116 bridged with the Bold 9930 18.104.22.1683
My 9630 theme: dimm0k's V1 theme
- CrackBerry User
12-31-2012, 09:42 PM #131
- 96 Posts
- Demencia Beat...!!!
Thanks very much for this useful post, but I have some points to share:
For the past months I've been flashing my device with the new 7.1 OS that RIM have been developing. As we all know the new OS brings enhancements such as snappier web browsing, less crashing & slowdown & better battery life.
Unfortunately since version 22.214.171.1244 (Bundle 1997 for AT&T) I have been unable to continue updating appropriately. I follow every single step using app loader, but when the installation goes trough for some reason the device is not registering on the wireless network (the four blackberry white dots never appears beside the 4G logo), even tough I have full wireless signal for calls, I cannot use my BBM.
I have studied the case & I know it have to do with the HRT (Host Routing Table), unfortunately when flashing the newest builds I have tried tons of times re sending the HRT manually, but the device does not register. Also I have called the carrier (Digicel Panama), & they even have resent the service books, but the new software wont register either.
It is kind of weird because every single build until 1997 worked flawlessly, but after this no other one works. when I go to the RIM software download page I see that for Digicel Panama they have the 126.96.36.1993 (Bundle 1647) as their latest, but this is not an issue because I'm running AT&T Bundle 1997 which is many steps above.
I have done battery pulls, manual resets, everything & the new OS simply wont register the device to the network.
The current Official OS that have not work are:
I know it have to be an issue with the Carrier because I recently flashed OS 188.8.131.526(Bundle 2102) on my Wife 9360 for the CLARO Carrier W\O any issues.
I remember sometime ago the IT guy at my job explaining me that it have to do with the vendor file of the carrier.
I know there is something wrong because it's weird that other people worldwide are able to flash their OS without any issues & I'm struggling with the latest releases. Proof of that is that my wife is on a different Carrier & every new OS that comes out is flashed W\O any problems.
I guess I will need to stick to Bundle 1997 until my contract finishes, then unlock this phone & register it with the CLARO network or until I get my new Blackberry 10 L device.
This could well be a vendor issue. I have personal experience with a vendor in the US which blocked the release of an update to a perfectly usable device in order to sell the next model hardware. Some other vendors overseas block the installation of the BIS Enterprise Activation app (likely to enhance their revenue from the customer).
Happy 2013CATERPILLAR - TODAYS WORK, TOMORROWS WORLD
- CrackBerry Newbie
01-07-2013, 09:40 AM #133
- 1 Posts
I found the major change in the OS is when as I found out the other day, you forget to pay your bill, Big Red shuts down the phone not only to their network, but Wi-Fi is also shut down. I guess this is their way of saying pay your bill on time stupid.
- 01-08-2013, 12:32 AM #134
- CrackBerry User
01-18-2013, 11:36 AM #135
- 23 Posts
I've been using this OS almost 2 weeks already. I read about battery usage, BB already has the worst batter in the world so how worse it could be I was saying. But this OS update made my dreams true!
1. Battery - I don't know where to check discharge rate but battery cannot long last more than half day, with .580 I was able to use at least 12 hours.
2. Speed and memory - To be honest fastest rom I ever used in 9930, memory leak is quite low. with .580 I had to reset at least once a day, this one can go more than one day but not more than 2 days.
3. Wireless - Cannot connect by itself, have to go to menu and choose the saved network from the list. .580 was also like that, but this one keep disconnecting by itself, and not reconnecting.
4. Sim network - Sometimes showing 1x, or showing full 3G but no connection, but generally is oke in Indonesia CDMA. I was in Singapore the other day, using Starhub Gsm was a total disaster, my friend's 9790 was full 3G coverage on 20th floor where I can't even find coverage on second floor or inside a shop.
Conclusion: .580 was not good, but definitely better than .755. Extremely not advised.
- CrackBerry Genius
01-18-2013, 11:38 AM #136Bold 9900 on Vodafone UK running BL Ultimate Hybrid RC21 over O2 .1098 Base and .sfi
- 3,067 Posts
If I've helped or amused you feel free to use the Liked or Thanked buttons
- 06-09-2013, 08:12 PM #145
Nope. This has to be the most stable OS that I've seen on a VZW BlackBerry.
Storm 9530, Tour 9630, Bold 9650, Bold 9930, Samsung Galaxy S3,Z10 and Q10, all on Big Red.
Nook Color w/CM7.2, iPad2, Nook Color w/CM10.1.3,Dell Venue 8 Pro
- By rroyy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 39Last Post: 02-18-2013, 09:04 AM
- By rroyy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 27Last Post: 09-11-2011, 07:27 AM
- By rrdaley in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 3Last Post: 04-13-2010, 08:55 PM
- By rrdaley in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 3Last Post: 04-13-2010, 08:55 PM
- By D o h a S o u l in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 263Last Post: 03-04-2010, 03:03 PM