Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 147
Like Tree21Likes
  1. Hgouck's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,099 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,124 Global Posts
    #101  

    Default

    I have had this installed a couple weeks now. I have found the battery life better than what I was running. I did have an issue when I was first loading the OS (would not load). I just backed up usinf DM,did a security wipe, and it loaded fine. Than restored my contacts and calendar. Went to App World and loaded the apps I wanted back on.
    I hope this helps.
  2. dunnsantee's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #102  

    Default

    I've installed the update but now I can't find the BBM application. When I look in My World in BB App World, I see the BBM app and it tells me it is Installed, yet I can not locate anywhere. Any suggestions?
  3. mboujoul's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    184 Posts
    #103  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dunnsantee View Post
    I've installed the update but now I can't find the BBM application. When I look in My World in BB App World, I see the BBM app and it tells me it is Installed, yet I can not locate anywhere. Any suggestions?
    First click menu button from homescreen and choose "show all icons". Then check the instant messaging folder.
  4. fire6's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    189 Posts
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    #104  

    Default

    Make sure you check all folders especially the instant messaging folders. I had BBM moved there once. Also make sure you have unhide all folders checked in the BB menu.
  5. jmackc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    74 Posts
    #105  

    Default

    When I search my calendar, it will not display anything in the past although options are set to save appointments forever. Any ideas?
  6. DeputyBob's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    PIN
    3-2-Frank-Charles-David-Boy-Edward-0
    #106  

    Default Problems with Text Messaging Since Update

    That's right. Everything was working just find until this bloody update. (I have noticed improved battery life, though.)

    Every time I text someone, it groups texts to a previous group of text or it creates a group. So for example, I compose a text for "Wife", I see previous text between just the Wife and I, and I begin typing and hit enter. The text message doesn't appears between the wife and I, but instead in a group message from days ago between the wife, parents and siblings.

    I have even deleted the old messages between the family. Today when I composed a message between the wife and I, my crackberry decided to create a group message between my sister-in-law and wife.

    Anyone else with this issue? Solutions? Suggestions?
    I'll never go back to Windows Mobile, would love to go back to Palm OS (because it always worked), never got a chance to love or hate Web OS; all I want is a device that works when I need it, a battery that last for 24 hours, and doesn't cost as much as a laptop.
  7. dunnsantee's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #107  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mboujoul View Post
    First click menu button from homescreen and choose "show all icons". Then check the instant messaging folder.
    I think I already am 'showing all icons' as the only option I see is the 'Hide Icon' selection when I depress the menu button from the homescreen. ???
  8. rotorwrench's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,965 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,971 Global Posts
    PIN
    Forget it
    #108  

    Default

    I finally got around to updating this weekend and have been on 7.0 till now Lol. The smoothest update I've had in years. All contacts, apps, BBM contacts,settings, email accounts....etc..everything present and accounted for and smooth operation afterwards. I deleted previous OS, vendor files and DM. Loaded fresh DM and OS, hooked up, backed up everything, started the update and 45min later was disconnected. Battery life appears to be better, but it's only been two days. A little snappier responses and loading as well. Exploring some new features, of which I'm not sure which build they're from, and don't care, just enjoying them. Glad I finally got around to it.
    There are trolls in BlackBerry clothing among us. Report and never reply to obvious troll posts, they will die without responses from you.
  9. percyfolk's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    19 Posts
    #109  

    Default

    This was mentioned briefly before, but not much came of it. I've had this installed for a while, and I've been having increasingly annoying browser problems. Even when I'm showing full 3G service, I'm repeatedly getting messages that my browser is having problems communicating with the server. Sometimes a hard reset will solve the problems, but often it won't. Is anyone else having this problem? And if so, have you found any solution short of downgrading the OS?
  10. shemaree09's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    #110  

    Default

    I'm considering downgrading

    Anybody having random freezing issues?

    For some reason my phone will just randomly freeze for abt 20 seconds. Its so annoying! I never had this issue with .580
  11. Marvin-13's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #111  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by percyfolk View Post
    This was mentioned briefly before, but not much came of it. I've had this installed for a while, and I've been having increasingly annoying browser problems. Even when I'm showing full 3G service, I'm repeatedly getting messages that my browser is having problems communicating with the server. Sometimes a hard reset will solve the problems, but often it won't. Is anyone else having this problem? And if so, have you found any solution short of downgrading the OS?
    I have the same exact problem! I thought it would go away after some reboots and deleting some unimportant files but the problem remains and its very frustrating. I have to reboot my phone everytime I want too use the browser. I don't know about you but for me it loads up my google search perfectly but when I go to click on something or when I go to a website directly is when it shows up. I also dont want to have to downgrade because this is the only bug I have noticed in this build, compared to dozens in .580.
  12. percyfolk's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    19 Posts
    #112  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin-13 View Post
    I have the same exact problem! I thought it would go away after some reboots and deleting some unimportant files but the problem remains and its very frustrating. I have to reboot my phone everytime I want too use the browser. I don't know about you but for me it loads up my google search perfectly but when I go to click on something or when I go to a website directly is when it shows up. I also dont want to have to downgrade because this is the only bug I have noticed in this build, compared to dozens in .580.
    Mine actually doesn't even usually load the google search anymore. And it is incredibly frustrating, and seems to be getting worse, as often a reboot won't solve the problem anymore.
  13. rotorwrench's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,965 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,971 Global Posts
    PIN
    Forget it
    #113  

    Default

    I've had this update since this weekend now and have noticed a much improved battery life. The first couple of days I didn't use my phone as much at work, but the last two days have seen my normal heavy day use, and whereas I usually end the day at around 30%, I'm now seeing 40 and 50%. I've been monitoring the battery pretty closely and the improvement is pretty solid. I'll keep an eye on it. Besides that, no issues or bugs noticed so far and no browser problems either, actually browser is a little snappier, which I noticed immediately after the update, cross my fingers. This is looking like a very good update for me.
    There are trolls in BlackBerry clothing among us. Report and never reply to obvious troll posts, they will die without responses from you.
  14. traveler20's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    #114  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tryfe View Post
    I had issues downloading the 'Standard' version so I downloaded the 'Multi-Language' version. I've already updated my device & waiting for it to restore my data.
    A couple of hours after you posted this message (apparently) VZW uploaded a corrected binary to their web site. I just downloaded the “english” version and it looks like a healthy size (I previously got a 2.2 meg binary that wouldn’t run, also). The Multi-language version hasn’t changed, as I posted in another section recently. Here are the latest two releases of .755 available at VZW’s web site, as of a few seconds ago:

    9930cmpttAMEA_PBr7.1.0_rel2123_PL5.1.0.553_A7.1.0. 755.exe 218,752 kbytes CRC32: 0A203EA5

    9930cmpttjAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2123_PL5.1.0.553_A7. 1.0.755.exe 288,779 kbytes CRC32: 9E1693AE

    The file sizes will display differently in a DOS window. If the CRC32’s match on your local copies, regardless of the file name or where you got it, you’ve got an exact copy of the VZW “official” releases.
  15. shemaree09's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    #115  

    Default

    that's it. I give up. My phone is freezing up too much. I'm seeing that annoying spinning clock that I haven't seen since this update. Downgrading.
  16. rotorwrench's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,965 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,971 Global Posts
    PIN
    Forget it
    #116  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shemaree09 View Post
    that's it. I give up. My phone is freezing up too much. I'm seeing that annoying spinning clock that I haven't seen since this update. Downgrading.
    Have you tried a reload? How many battery pulls have you done since the update? Have you done a memory/cache clean lately? You may have already tried all this but those have helped previously with other buggy issues after an update. I hate to see you downgrade when many, including myself, think this is a great build so far, especially the battery life.
    There are trolls in BlackBerry clothing among us. Report and never reply to obvious troll posts, they will die without responses from you.
  17. shemaree09's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    #117  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
    Have you tried a reload? How many battery pulls have you done since the update? Have you done a memory/cache clean lately? You may have already tried all this but those have helped previously with other buggy issues after an update. I hate to see you downgrade when many, including myself, think this is a great build so far, especially the battery life.
    Since the update I've done many battery pulls. Dont know the exact number, but a lot more than I've done since my precious upgrade. Ever since this upgrade I've had charging issues, random 20 sec. freezing, my alarm sometimes not going off, and the spinning clock every 5-10 minutes.

    I never had these issues with .580, so Im glad to be back. .580 was the most stable for me.
  18. rotorwrench's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,965 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,971 Global Posts
    PIN
    Forget it
    #118  

    Default

    Hey, the one that works for you is the one to keep. Glad it works for you
    There are trolls in BlackBerry clothing among us. Report and never reply to obvious troll posts, they will die without responses from you.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
  19. jmackc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    74 Posts
    #119  

    Default

    A thousand people download successfully, one person has a problem, and RIM or VZW are at fault. Download works perfect for me.
  20. shemaree09's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    #120  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmackc View Post
    A thousand people download successfully, one person has a problem, and RIM or VZW are at fault. Download works perfect for me.
    Read the entire thread and you will see other people are having issues too.
  21. jmackc's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    74 Posts
    #121  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shemaree09 View Post
    Read the entire thread and you will see other people are having issues too.
    More successes than failures was all that I was saying. Change the "one person" to "some people" if that suits you better.
  22. jrb1164's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #122  

    Default

    absolutebob 12:18 PM 12-01-2012
    That's right. Everything was working just find until this bloody update. (I have noticed improved battery life, though.)

    Every time I text someone, it groups texts to a previous group of text or it creates a group. So for example, I compose a text for "Wife", I see previous text between just the Wife and I, and I begin typing and hit enter. The text message doesn't appears between the wife and I, but instead in a group message from days ago between the wife, parents and siblings.

    I have even deleted the old messages between the family. Today when I composed a message between the wife and I, my crackberry decided to create a group message between my sister-in-law and wife.

    Anyone else with this issue? Solutions? Suggestions?

    Under messages folder, go to menu and scroll to "display style" select single message. Its probably set to "group messages". I hope this helps.
    Last edited by jrb1164; 12-10-2012 at 12:01 PM.
  23. jabber_jaws's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    24 Posts
    #123  

    Default

    I have been having issues with the internet after updating to the latest software update. I have to pull my battery and do a hard reset, well that worked for a little while. Now, I can't access the internet at all. I called tech support and I get the answer that no one has called in about this problem. So, guess I will have to brick my device and download the earlier version.
  24. shemaree09's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    #124  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jabber_jaws View Post
    I have been having issues with the internet after updating to the latest software update. I have to pull my battery and do a hard reset, well that worked for a little while. Now, I can't access the internet at all. I called tech support and I get the answer that no one has called in about this problem. So, guess I will have to brick my device and download the earlier version.
    Downgrading is super easy now. Just use the Desktop Manager, choose Update Device, then choose the another version. There should be a list of your previous OS updates. Choose the one that worked before.
  25. jaydee5799's Avatar

    Posts
    50,948 Posts
    Global Posts
    50,986 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!
    #125  

    Default

    Ok, so glad to see I am not the only one and I am not dreaming about my problems with this OS. I have no 3G service no matter what I do and my phone will not automatically connect to my wi-fi, I have to manually choose one. I am at the end of my rope. I have called and called VZW. Have countless tickets in. In fact, I was considering asking for a replacement phone. The are checking the tower and my signal and wtf? The other people in my house get 3G but all of a sudden mine has stopped. I am going back to 580 as well since I didn't have any problems with it.

    Oh and I have the freezing for 20 secs thing too!

    So anyone who thinks we are making this up, may you never have to deal with problems with your phone. Glad your world is perfect. Because these are real problems and we need some help. That's why we come here. Not to be ridiculed.
    I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    OS 10.2.1.2947 on VZW-HTTR forever
    Need Sideloading Help? http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ur-z10-821005/
    Need help using the CB10 App? http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-h...10-app-872463/
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Latest 9930 Official OS 7.1.0.649 from China Telekom
    By rroyy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 09:04 AM
  2. 9930 Official OS 7.0.0.254 from Verizon Wireless
    By rroyy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 07:27 AM
  3. Official OS 5.0.0.771 from Cable & Wireless
    By rrdaley in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 08:55 PM
  4. Official OS 5.0.0.771 from Cable & Wireless
    By rrdaley in forum BBOS Phone Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 08:55 PM
  5. Replies: 263
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 03:03 PM

Posting Permissions