Ah, I see. Thanks.

I just did it the Desktop manager way.... oddly.... it stopped "updating" late in the process. The phone turned itself "on" and ready and it looked like a fresh blackberry with none of my customization. I quickly unplugged and then replugged the phone, and the process took up where it left off! nice! Strange, but a quick and happy ending.

Also, everything is exactly as I had it before.... so I didn't need to do anything.

Shrinking and deleting sounds like the way to go, though.
    11-17-12 05:37 PM
    I rather use BBHT to shrink and delete a ton of crap rather than just unselecting languages. There's a lot more I get rid of on these OSes.
    Just curious, what do you normally remove? (Wondering if it's worth it myself).
    11-17-12 05:53 PM
    Just curious, what do you normally remove? (Wondering if it's worth it myself).
    If you've ever looked at BBHybrid Tools Shrink screen, you will see a series of boxes you can check and uncheck at will. I delete EVERYTHING that can be checked EXCEPT: Memos, Tasks, BBM, Theme, Ringtones, Latin Font (your phone needs it), App World, BB Podcasts, BB Protect

Everything else goes for me.

I need plenty of room for my memory leak, which is substantial! Over 140MB a day leak. lol
    And I usually have anywhere from 9-15 themes installed at one time as well.
    11-17-12 06:16 PM
    I need plenty of room for my memory leak, which is substantial! Over 140MB a day leak. lol
    And I usually have anywhere from 9-15 themes installed at one time as well.
    Jaydee: "Hi. My name is Jaydee, and I'm a theme addict."

Everybody else: "Hiiiii Jaaaydeeee."

LoL
    11-17-12 07:04 PM
    Wow. I never see a noticeable memory leak. I don't do themes though. Not sure if that's the cause.
    11-17-12 07:19 PM
    I really have not found any changes. Still looking. Battery may be a little better and browser is/seems a little faster? Nothing that i have seen is an eye catcher.
    11-17-12 08:19 PM
    Is anyone having issues with logging into gmail thourgh messages after the update? I can log in using the browser but otherwise, I am told my password needs validated. I put the password in and am told it is invalid, even if I go to the VZW BIS site to enter it.
    11-17-12 08:37 PM
    .755 seems to be good. No issues or bugs so far. Browser might be a bit faster.
    11-17-12 08:41 PM
    il309....reset your service books. May help.
    11-17-12 08:46 PM
    bdguru - I tried to resend my service books and received an update for my yahoo and another account but not for my gmail.
    I just found that I cannot login to Google Maps either. I can login to my google accounts fine on my PC but not on my BB at all (unless I use the browser).

Disregard. It was the two step authentication that was an issue. Went to my google account and created a two step authentication password to use instead of using the google password. All is well now.
    Last edited by il309; 11-17-12 at 09:53 PM.
    11-17-12 08:57 PM
    ive been seeing unable to contact server alot since upgrading. hoping it fixes its self dont really want to go back.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-17-12 09:09 PM
    ive been seeing unable to contact server alot since upgrading. hoping it fixes its self dont really want to go back.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I have noticed that too! I was watching some videos on Youtube and finished one and then tried to view another and it came up with that unable to contact server message. Also a few times browsing on the web it came up with that message.. I closed out and re-opened up the browser and youtube and it worked after that, but I hope it's not a bug where it continuously happens..
    11-17-12 09:15 PM
    The real question for me is whether the media player bugs are any bette: volume change after resume from pause, song skip after resume from pause, skipping/freezing during long songs...
    11-17-12 10:40 PM
    I can't active BIS with this rom. ( VN - Mobifone Network)
    11-18-12 12:27 AM
    The log can be found on Verizon's Wireless website: http://support.verizonwireless.com/p...e/bold9930.pdf

SOFTWARE UPDATE GET THE MOST OUT OF
    YOUR BLACKBERRY.
    Verizon Wireless and BlackBerry encourage you to download this update.
    Device Features
    + Push to Talk updates automatically.
    + �Network Extender� icon shows on Home Screen when connected to a Verizon network Extender.
    + NFC Secure Key support allows you to effectively lock and wipe the Secure Element on Near Field
    Communication (NFC) devices.
    + Improved battery life with Battery Saving Mode.
    + Wirelessly share media with Wireless Media Server.
    + BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing support is now available.
    + Improved performance of the Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS) application.
    + Increased device stability while making and receiving Push to Talk calls.
    + Improvements to VZ Navigator� app while roaming.
    + Enhancements for GPS to add more accuracy to location information.
    + Improvements for VOIP applications.
    + Improved battery life while using Wi-Fi.
    + Improved in quality of audio calls.
    + Implemented a new version of the Amazon Music Store version 1.0.1.50 that has improved
    connectivity and reliability.
    + Modify code to allow VoIP to use media recording path and avoid loss of audio.
    + If your smartphone has BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), improvements have been
    made to ensure proper delivery of emails.
    11-18-12 12:42 AM
    Hi all, does this work on Bold 9900???
    11-18-12 12:50 AM
    Hi all, does this work on Bold 9900???
    This rom for 9930
    11-18-12 12:53 AM
    The new upgrade may have made video slower.
    11-18-12 01:19 AM
    The new upgrade may have made video slower.
    My video playing well with this build.

Images show smoother than 649 and have many file free after shrink..
    11-18-12 01:38 AM
    I can't active BIS with this rom. ( VN - Mobifone Network)
    I'm searching this thread because of the same issue, I'm in Malaysia using BES over wifi, I had BES no trouble. Downloaded the update, everything looks fine but no BES? If anyone can please help
    11-18-12 05:16 AM
    for almost 2months every then and now i used to come to this page hoping there would be a upgrade for bb9930 and always i return dissapointed watching 9900 got upgrades and not us.

Today this upgrade made my day.downloading the multilanguage...still wished that custom LED to be included in this upgrade(like 9900 already got)...hopefully the next one will have it
    dimm0k likes this.
    11-18-12 06:14 AM
    I got an error when trying to install the vendor file on setup could that be because its a sprint phone.
    using one from Verizon
    11-18-12 07:04 AM
    I'm searching this thread because of the same issue, I'm in Malaysia using BES over wifi, I had BES no trouble. Downloaded the update, everything looks fine but no BES? If anyone can please help
    Try plugging into Desktop mnanager, while connected to your company network. Sometimes this will force my BES to begin activiation.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    11-18-12 07:09 AM
    I got an error when trying to install the vendor file on setup could that be because its a sprint phone.
    using one from Verizon
    See the installation instructions in post #11 on the first page by the elite1 for detailed information and help removing the vendor file.
    11-18-12 07:51 AM
    I found another fallout from the upgrade. If you were using the original Gmail app, that has been rendered useless now.
    11-18-12 08:09 AM
147 1234 ...