OS v7.1.0.755 NOW AVAILABLE via Verizon Wireless' host site at: BlackBerry� Software Updates

Select the 9930, input random phone number, hit download.
    11-16-12 08:32 PM
    I had issues downloading the 'Standard' version so I downloaded the 'Multi-Language' version. I've already updated my device & waiting for it to restore my data.
    mikeplus1 and 69goat like this.
    11-16-12 08:35 PM
    I had issues downloading the 'Standard' version so I downloaded the 'Multi-Language' version. I've already updated my device & waiting for it to restore my data.
    I was too, multilanguage was fine though
    11-16-12 09:58 PM
    Have anyone found any changes in this OS? So far I haven't really seen any difference...
    11-16-12 10:42 PM
    I actually just found this change log:

+ Push to Talk updates automatically.
    + “Network Extender” icon shows on Home Screen when connected to a Verizon network Extender.
    + NFC Secure Key support allows you to effectively lock and wipe the Secure Element on Near Field Communication (NFC) devices.
    + Improved battery life with Battery Saving Mode.
    + Wirelessly share media with Wireless Media Server.
    + BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing support is now available.
    + Improved performance of the Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS) application.
    + Increased device stability while making and receiving Push to Talk calls.
    + Improvements to VZ Navigator� app while roaming.
    + Enhancements for GPS to add more accuracy to location information.
    + Improvements for VOIP applications.
    + Improved battery life while using Wi-Fi.
    + Improved in quality of audio calls.
    + Implemented a new version of the Amazon Music Store version 1.0.1.50 that has improved connectivity and reliability.
    + Modify code to allow VoIP to use media recording path and avoid loss of audio.
    + If your smartphone has BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), improvements have been made to ensure proper delivery of emails.
    11-16-12 10:48 PM
    there is any offline link for this os ?
    11-17-12 01:49 AM
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ua531araohxdiuq

Fjbos Eli.

there is any offline link for this os ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    11-17-12 05:31 AM
    I actually just found this change log:

+ Push to Talk updates automatically.
    + “Network Extender” icon shows on Home Screen when connected to a Verizon network Extender.
    + NFC Secure Key support allows you to effectively lock and wipe the Secure Element on Near Field Communication (NFC) devices.
    + Improved battery life with Battery Saving Mode.
    + Wirelessly share media with Wireless Media Server.
    + BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing support is now available.
    + Improved performance of the Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS) application.
    + Increased device stability while making and receiving Push to Talk calls.
    + Improvements to VZ Navigator� app while roaming.
    + Enhancements for GPS to add more accuracy to location information.
    + Improvements for VOIP applications.
    + Improved battery life while using Wi-Fi.
    + Improved in quality of audio calls.
    + Implemented a new version of the Amazon Music Store version 1.0.1.50 that has improved connectivity and reliability.
    + Modify code to allow VoIP to use media recording path and avoid loss of audio.
    + If your smartphone has BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), improvements have been made to ensure proper delivery of emails.

Where did you find the change log?

I dont know about all the listed changes, but we have had battery saving mode for a while, and i have always had the network extender icon
    11-17-12 08:15 AM
    I too have had the Network Extender indicator. I'm interested in the VOIP improvements. Is Big Red moving toward some kind of UMTS-like functionality where we can do voice with just a WiFi connection?
    11-17-12 10:29 AM
    Where did you find the change log?

I dont know about all the listed changes, but we have had battery saving mode for a while, and i have always had the network extender icon
    I found this change log in another thread about this update. I'm pretty sure they got it from the Verizon website.

There are no visual changes I can see, so some of these supposed improved features make sense. Maybe the "battery saving mode" has just been improved. I was using OS version .580 from Verizon before and switched back and forth with .649 and noticed .649 gave me way better battery life! So I'm thinking they only improved internally on this update!

What is the network extender icon?
    11-17-12 10:56 AM
    Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    (updated 2012-09-01)

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS) or BB Boss v2.2 (not as updated as BBHT).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

**TROUBLESHOOTING**
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    11-17-12 11:26 AM
    I too have had the Network Extender indicator. I'm interested in the VOIP improvements. Is Big Red moving toward some kind of UMTS-like functionality where we can do voice with just a WiFi connection?
    In the forthcoming BBM 7 there is a new feature called BBM Voice that only works over Wi-Fi (currently).
    If you join BB Beta Zone you can try it now.
    11-17-12 11:48 AM
    Thanks. I have the BBM beta. I had not put them together.
    11-17-12 12:28 PM
    That's what BBM Voice uses. So they're probably just tweaking and enhancing for the official release of BBM v7.
    11-17-12 12:58 PM
    I found this change log in another thread about this update. I'm pretty sure they got it from the Verizon website.

There are no visual changes I can see, so some of these supposed improved features make sense. Maybe the "battery saving mode" has just been improved. I was using OS version .580 from Verizon before and switched back and forth with .649 and noticed .649 gave me way better battery life! So I'm thinking they only improved internally on this update!

What is the network extender icon?
    The Feature set of this is on the Verizon Website:
    BlackBerry� Software Updates
    Select Personal Email at the bottom
    Then Select BB 9930 in the drop down of the next page
    Then under the 10 digit phone number boxes click the link for more information

Not sure I would call this a change log more of a feature recap.
    11-17-12 01:29 PM
    The single-lang version was only a 2meg download - obviously broken????
    11-17-12 01:42 PM
    The single-lang version was only a 2meg download - obviously broken????
    I wondered if it was merely a program to download the actual update - concur borked, won't run at all. I suppose we could download the multi- as it seems to be complete, and uncheck all languages.
    11-17-12 01:59 PM
    the network extender icon is the little house at the top that appears when your close to an extender

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-17-12 02:00 PM
    I wondered if it was merely a program to download the actual update - concur borked, won't run at all. I suppose we could download the multi- as it seems to be complete, and uncheck all languages.
    Yup - tried running it and it terminated.

I have downloaded the multi - will wait a bit longer before installing!
    11-17-12 02:18 PM
    Yup - tried running it and it terminated.I have downloaded the multi - will wait a bit longer before installing!
    Multi took so long to start I wondered if it had problems too
    11-17-12 02:25 PM
    I wonder why the custom LED function was left out?
    11-17-12 02:44 PM
    They want you to pay for that lol.
    11-17-12 03:38 PM
    Why not just use the Blackberry Desktop software to do the device upgrade?
    (honest question, wondering why one would go through all of the steps listed above rather than the one step method offered by the desktop software?)
    11-17-12 03:46 PM
    Kelton, Non-Verizon users will not get the update via Desktop Manager. If you are a Verizon Customer, and it pops up on DM, go for it.
    11-17-12 04:41 PM
    Why not just use the Blackberry Desktop software to do the device upgrade?
    (honest question, wondering why one would go through all of the steps listed above rather than the one step method offered by the desktop software?)
    I rather use BBHT to shrink and delete a ton of crap rather than just unselecting languages. There's a lot more I get rid of on these OSes.
    spike12 likes this.
    11-17-12 04:57 PM
147 123 ...