9930 Not Charging in Charging Pod
I have a 9930 with VzW and 2 charging pods for it: one at work and one for my bedside at home.
My 9930 seems to sometimes accept a charge from it, and more often then not, won't accept a charge.
- Both charging pods are plugged directly into the wall as is necessary
- When seating the 9930 into the pod I'm careful to be sure it's centered properly so that both pickup contacts touch fully
- When docked the active charge indicator lightning bolt appears over the battery icon and the 9930 switches into clock or bedside clock mode (depending on the time of day).
- My 9930 has no problems charging when connected to the microUSB connector/cable.
- One of the clients I support at work (I'm in IT support) has just informed me that his 9900 (AT&T) is also doing the same thing with his charging pod.
At this point I don't know if it's a problem internally with the phone or the pod's design.
I'd suspect the internal connections for the phone except that the display responds properly, indicating charging is taking place.
Anybody else having this issue?
- 12-26-2012, 08:19 AM #2
This is an issue for alot of people. If you bought this one - BlackBerry Charging Pod for Bold 9930, Bold 9900 | BlackBerry Charging Docks | ShopCrackBerry then the problem is just a design flaw. I have extreme trouble sometimes trying to get my 9900 to charge on the pod. I just use the usb cable and plug it in.
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-26-2012, 12:38 PM #3
- 265 Posts
I have purchased two different pods for mine as well. My issue was that it would charge to 91% or 96% and stop. First pod didn't have issues as much getting charging when I set it in but the second pod I bought seems to be very picky on how I place it on the pod. It charges to 100% now but I have to place it carefully on the pod to get it to charge. I don't have this issue at all with my 9900 so this could be a build quality issue in the 9930.BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 -- Playbook 64GB -- #FOTM - BlackBerry Fan of the Month for August
- 01-16-2013, 08:15 AM #4
Mine did not charge for a couple days in a row, so I took my 9930 and rubbed the contacts on a corrugated card board box, this is just abrasive enough to not remove metal. I ripped a piece of the box and polished the pod contacts. I sprayed some electrical cleaner into the pod contacts and usb connection for good measure. So far it is working again. Remember the connection between the phone and the pods contacts is subtle, and requires a clean connection, where as the usb rubs the metal with each insertion. Just watch if you use the cleaner, turn the pod upside down, as it can distort the rubber base.1st BB 7100i > 2nd BB Bold 9930+16GB Playbook > Bye Bye to all my BB hardware>Hello S4 Galaxy, big enough to replace the PB and a great phone as well>Android of course.................
- 03-20-2013, 02:48 PM #5
Update, I found by rubbing the phone contacts on my pants shirt, or what ever cloth you might use, has made the phone charge in the pod every night without flaw. I assume it does not take much residue to make the pod not charge. So keep the phone contacts clean and all should be good.1st BB 7100i > 2nd BB Bold 9930+16GB Playbook > Bye Bye to all my BB hardware>Hello S4 Galaxy, big enough to replace the PB and a great phone as well>Android of course.................
- By forna89 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 12Last Post: 09-08-2012, 07:35 PM
- By Bettermost in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 1Last Post: 01-07-2010, 12:01 PM
- By lugz1979 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 4Last Post: 02-14-2009, 08:36 PM
- By eyecon82 in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 0Last Post: 02-01-2009, 12:11 PM
- By gobroncos95 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 5Last Post: 02-16-2008, 06:06 AM