Lately Been getting no audio on phone calls. Do battery pull and stops, but day or two later it happens again. Called Verizon and sending a replacement. Any fixes? Do not want a refurb-like my phone.
    Any suggestions-need ASAP-new phone coming tomorrow.
    Hate refurbs!
    02-01-12 08:28 PM
    update your OS, if that doesn't solve the issue then most probably its your network, Verizon!!!
    02-02-12 08:31 AM
    mine does that too. Often turning off the bluetooth radio and then turning it back on helps. i believe it has to do with how the phone disconnects from BT. sometimes at the end of a call i hear a wrong-sounding tone and then the phone disconnects. my guess is it is a bug in the BT software.
    02-02-12 09:09 AM
    I'm on Sprint and I've had that happen to me a number of times. It tends to happen to me when I plug and unplug my headphones (or that tape-to-aux converter thing for cars with only tape decks) throughout the day.
    Simple battery pull always fixes it for me, and refreshes my memory cache too so i dont mind.
    02-02-12 11:53 AM
    I hate to be one of those people who simply piles on the same complaint with no solution, but I feel it's important to get the attention of someone who may be able to help.

This is a real problem. Restarts work, but this is a problem I've been having with the 7.1 OS upgrade on my 9930.

Is it possible that it is a hardware issue? Are there different hardware revisions of the 9930 or is it too new for that?

I don't recall this being an issue with the two earlier versions of the Verizon-approved BB OS 7, but with those versions, my phone would brick every few weeks with JVM errors, etc. So I guess losing call audio both ways is the lesser of two evils.

I'm just tired of this dream device not working properly and remaining the punchline of jokes among my friends who all have Droid-branded devices or iPhones. I want to put them to shame and really be able to brag about what an awesome device this is, but man oh man. These not-so-little things keep holding me down.
    Last edited by vjfratiani; 02-03-12 at 11:07 AM. Reason: changed wording
    02-03-12 11:05 AM
    My fiance's 9900 encountered this issue once which was easily remedied with a battery pull.

Any permanent solution in case it comes up again?

By the way, mine and hers are on the latest official OS, thus, not yet 7.1
    02-04-12 04:37 AM
    I am using the 9930 with 7.1...457. If I charge the phone with it on my next incoming or outgoing call has no audio. I have tried the speaker phone or regular earpiece neither work. If I do a soft reset or battery pull the issue is resolved. I sometimes throw it on the charger to keep it from going too low, which might cause the bricking issue. But now that causes the no audio issue. Any ideas??
    02-29-12 02:31 PM
    I have this happen about every 2 weeks. When it happens, I also cannot alt/del/enter to reboot, i have to pull the battery. I'm on 7.1.163, the latest VZN. Only "bad" thing my phone is doing. I've not found any rhyme or reason.
    03-02-12 10:27 AM
    Was having this exact issue happening to me. Called Verizon a few times and they ended up replacing the phone (with a factory refurb of course). Have not had it happen on my newer phone yet. The 99xx's have a 1 year warranty so if your phone is buggered up - let verizon know so they can replace it.
    03-02-12 10:33 AM
    I had it happen again today. This time it was not on the charger. The red message light started blinking. I didn't have any alerts set for red led. Couldn't get it to clear. Tried the phone no audio. Couldn't do a soft reboot. Had to do a battery pull. It fixed the issue. If it happens again will call for replacement. Other than this issue the phone has been great. Do not want a return. It may have worse problems.
    03-02-12 04:02 PM
    I have the same problem as well. I strongly believe it has something to do with bluetooth, I have been trying different combinations of things to reliably reproduce this problem, but I can't.

It has happened to me a few times, but not recently. Each time it happens it tends to be when I am connected to Bluetooth and using the music app.
    03-04-12 10:20 AM
    It doesn't have anything to do with the Bluetooth because my phone does it all the time and I don't even use Bluetooth. I have tried different software and that doesn't work either. There is a problem with the actual hardware. I have had this device switched out 3 times already. It's kind of annoying!
    03-04-12 11:58 AM
    I manage alost 350 BlackBerrys for a company.
    We have quite a few of these 9930s out both on Sprint and Verizon Wireless.

I have seen this same issue on many devices. Most devices have never been connected to anything Bluetooth or have that antenna activated.

Power cycling the battery doesn't always work.

I truely beileve it's an issue with the OS that needs to be addressed.

I have a Sprint 9930 on my desk right now with the latest firmware already installed. I'm going to wipe the device back to factory and see if it works again. If it does, I believe it has to do with the OS and a file that either gets corrupted or locked.
    03-08-12 07:14 AM
    I have this problem as well. The phone seems to have difficulty switching between various audio functions, like music playback, podcasts and calls. Sometimes this results in errors like "device media processor is busy," and sometimes all sounds including call audio just stop working. I think it's a 7.1 bug - hope they fix it soon! (I hate to criticize the 9930 - I otherwise really love it!)
    03-15-12 08:57 PM
    I hate to be one of those people who simply piles on the same complaint with no solution, but I feel it's important to get the attention of someone who may be able to help.

This is a real problem. Restarts work, but this is a problem I've been having with the 7.1 OS upgrade on my 9930.

Is it possible that it is a hardware issue? Are there different hardware revisions of the 9930 or is it too new for that?

I don't recall this being an issue with the two earlier versions of the Verizon-approved BB OS 7, but with those versions, my phone would brick every few weeks with JVM errors, etc. So I guess losing call audio both ways is the lesser of two evils.

I'm just tired of this dream device not working properly and remaining the punchline of jokes among my friends who all have Droid-branded devices or iPhones. I want to put them to shame and really be able to brag about what an awesome device this is, but man oh man. These not-so-little things keep holding me down.
    Honestly dude, I was in the same boat as you in that I was the punchline of some of my friends who had android devices. WAS.. But after I voiced some of my frustrations with them they told me they have little annoying bugs happen to them on their phones as well that forces them to have to reboot/do a battery pull.

All OS's have issues, but I'll stick with my BB over going to a different platform just to have similar problems all over again.
    03-15-12 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD