guys please help, i just bought a branded (Sprint) 9930 blackberry phone due to its availability of the Mobile hotspot will turns it into a wifi moderm but up till now i can browse with it. i have contacted my Service provider and the have given me the login details yet to know avail. A friend told me maybe is because its a branded phone. can anyone help? thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-04-12 04:52 PM
    You can use it as a modem or can't? You have to pay an extra charge to use Mobile Hotspot. Hard to read your problem.
    04-04-12 05:15 PM
    I am also kind confused about your question. So, if you get your wifi hotspot running, but you cannot get any Internet connection, then you have to contact your carrier for help. Even if you get the wifi hotspot login data from your service provider, if your data plan do not support it, it will not work. I think that is your problem here.
    04-04-12 05:19 PM
    Thanks guys for your prompt response. The issue here is not my data plan because i was already informed by my service provider that i will incur extra charges whenever I'm using the mobile hotspot. The issue i have is that whenever i turn on the hotspot i will given access to only User name and password without the APN! and this wont allow me to browse. someone told me it happen to sprint blackberry phones don't know how true. Can anyone help? thanks
    04-05-12 04:26 AM
    Mobile hotspot is useless unless you have it activated with your service provider. Until you do this, hotspot will not work for you at all.

Mobile hotspot is an additional feature to your account.

For example, on every account you typically have three charges:

1. Phone (minutes)
    2. Text
    3. Data

When hotpost is activated with your carrier, you will have a fourth, mobile hotspot. There is an allowance depending on what your carrier offers. I pay for unlimited data and in addition I pay the extra charge for 2Gb to use just for hotspot.

Who is your carrier?

Does this help or am I completely off on what you are looking for?
    04-05-12 10:18 AM
    Isn't there an app for this like Android devices? I just got my Bold the other day and when I tried to turn on the Mobile Hotspot, it says I have to call Sprint and pay them "again" for the unlimited data I already have with my plan. It should be free.
    05-04-12 06:45 AM
    Isn't there an app for this like Android devices? I just got my Bold the other day and when I tried to turn on the Mobile Hotspot, it says I have to call Sprint and pay them "again" for the unlimited data I already have with my plan. It should be free.
    Agreed that it should be included in the unlimited plan. They should at least give you those 2GB as part of the unlimited phone data plan. Then charge if more that the 2 is needed.
    05-04-12 07:14 AM
    My friend has an Galaxy SII and T-mobile doesn't charge him for this. He just turns on hotspot and I can surf from his phone. So annoying
    05-04-12 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD