This makes total sense. I just read the 9900 India thread and he said his uncle said 10 days till release there approx. They are all going to drop in relative proximity to each other since RIM has negotiated 191 carriers for this phone. This is going to be the biggest global launch of a cell phone ever.
    07-14-11 08:58 PM
    14 days away...no way.
    Had a 9930 for over a week (sent back to Verizon yesterday).
    This sucker is ready. Last Corp Road map meeting with them they said they were still on track for the 28th... Verizon is getting this first. Love it or leave it... Personally waiting for the first 9900 to be released... will fly to Canada then
    spotlund likes this.
    07-14-11 09:12 PM
    I asked the VZW rep I was working with today and she said she hasn't heard anything about new BBs. She said she was actually surprised that I asked about BB, cuz she's been hearing nothing but questions about the other platforms lately.
    07-14-11 09:12 PM
    Anyone ever notice that the Verizon Wireless stores are using tablets as their desk sales computers. Thought it was kind of cool but thought, "why don't they sell these?"
    AT&T Stores do that too, the last time I was in there with a phone emergency.
    07-14-11 09:16 PM
    Had a 9930 for over a week (sent back to Verizon yesterday).
    This sucker is ready. Last Corp Road map meeting with them they said they were still on track for the 28th... Verizon is getting this first. Love it or leave it... Personally waiting for the first 9900 to be released... will fly to Canada then
    we shall see...
    07-14-11 09:38 PM
    A verizon rep told me that unicorns are real. Does anybody know where I can get one?
    07-14-11 09:41 PM
    How do I get an [strike]iPhone[/strike] Blackberry Bold 9930?

I am getting really anxious. This Droid 3 is painful to use.
    Last edited by flyersfan76; 07-14-11 at 09:50 PM.
    07-14-11 09:45 PM
    One thing I know for sure is the stores usually are the last to know about anything. If the release was that close I would expect them to already have dummy phones and it would be in the system.
    07-14-11 10:10 PM
    I went to verizon today and they had zero information.
    Same here :/ My bold 9650 DIED and im without a phone until this GD 9900 comes out :/

He was like, well you are due for an upgrade so lets do that. I was like nah, I'm waiting for the 9930. He goes uhh what? And I was like the Bold 9930, Bold Touch. And he was like "ohh uhh haven't heard anything about blackberry"

fracker didn't even help me with my phone, he just told me i had to upgrade the instant he saw I was due for one >.>
    Last edited by pkcable; 07-15-11 at 11:42 AM. Reason: language
    07-14-11 10:36 PM
    Same here :/ My bold 9650 DIED and im without a phone until this GD 9900 comes out :/

He was like, well you are due for an upgrade so lets do that. I was like nah, I'm waiting for the 9930. He goes uhh what? And I was like the Bold 9930, Bold Touch. And he was like "ohh uhh haven't heard anything about blackberry"

fracker didn't even help me with my phone, he just told me i had to upgrade the instant he saw I was due for one >.>
    Yeah he tried to get you to upgrade because he's in sales and looks like he couldn't close you. At least he didn't try to get you to switch your number with a new contact then he would really get paid....
    07-14-11 11:33 PM
    Yeah he tried to get you to upgrade because he's in sales and looks like he couldn't close you. At least he didn't try to get you to switch your number with a new contact then he would really get paid....
    Yeah he tried to trick me too.. I'm 20, my mom is the owner of the account and I did not have the account password on hand.. So anyways, I called up the store, told them the exact problem I was having and he told me to bring it in and we can get it refurbished. I said alright, hopped in the shower and drove over to the store.. I get there and the guy goes alright, so whats your number? I said my number and he instantly goes okay well you are due for an upgrade. I was like, well I'm not planning on getting an upgrade just yet, I am waiting for the 9930 (and the whole thing above happened).

So this is where he tries to trick me...

He goes, alright well whats the account password because I can't help you unless I get that or verification from the account holder.. I said alright I'll give her a call, so I call my mom up and give him the phone, he then goes on telling her that I am upgrading my phone today and asked for permission from her as the account holder.. My mom goes on asking tons of questions and I'm standing there like.. I just said I AM NOT UPGRADING TODAY... He gets off the phone and goes alright so what phone should we upgrade to? I was like I'm waiting for the bold 9930 coming out later this month or next month and he just shook his head "no" when I said later this month or next. I was like well thanks, I guess I'll just go try and wipe my phone to factory settings I guess and see what that does. He just said yeah, go to the RIM site and try that. I was thinking what the heck? He didn't even attempt to help me with the actual problem I was having.. I don't just want to throw out my 9650, it would be a nice backup or sell it or something, but he didn't give a poo.. I swear to God they treat me like crap because I'm young and not the "account holder" ugh..
    Last edited by pkcable; 07-15-11 at 11:45 AM. Reason: language
    07-14-11 11:42 PM

So this is where he tries to trick me...

He goes, alright well whats the account password because I can't help you unless I get that or verification from the account holder..

.. I swear to God they treat me like crap because I'm young and not the "account holder" ugh..
    I'm sure if you were gun ** about upgrading he would have treated you like a real person. sales is a numbers game, he didn't want to waste his time with you if you weren't going to help his commission check. That's the problem today with a lot of sales people, it's all about short game and closing right on the spot. If he would have helped you fix your current phone and took your info down to call you when the 9900 does come out I'm sure he would have earned your business. I'm sure you would have referred others to him....

Am I right or am I wrong?

A sale shouldn't seem like a sale! It's all about creating relationships
    Dapper37 and abass like this.
    07-14-11 11:56 PM
    Actually, I have been to a few ATT and VZW stores that have told me, when having trouble with the Blackberry, to go to the rim site for help (including one ATT store manager -- she is now managing a kiosk in the mall and not that particular store anymore) rather than taking the time to help me with the problem.
    07-15-11 12:41 AM
    If verizon is selling the phone july 28( 2 weeks), you"d think they would be running ads. I've seen nothing on tv or in print.
    07-15-11 12:46 AM
    If verizon is selling the phone july 28( 2 weeks), you"d think they would be running ads. I've seen nothing on tv or in print.
    Hey, well I'm sitting here without a phone that works so I don't care how outrageous it might sound, I am going with July 28th 100%
    07-15-11 01:38 AM
    from first hand experience those sales reps working at the malls are about has sly and underhanded as used car salesmen. i refuse to goto the mall for help, i try to do everything over the phone. in canada stay away from telus dealers.
    07-15-11 02:10 AM
    Hey, well I'm sitting here without a phone that works so I don't care how outrageous it might sound, I am going with July 28th 100%
    You may be right on the July 28th release date. It just seems odd that Verizon wouldn't have a major ad campaign for the release of the 9930.
    07-15-11 02:42 AM
    You may be right on the July 28th release date. It just seems odd that Verizon wouldn't have a major ad campaign for the release of the 9930.
    I agree but I feel like the same thing happened with the Bold 9650 when it was released to Verizon.. They honestly care more about all of their other phones, especially their new 4G LTE or w.e phones when I'm over here DIEING to get BLACKBERRY!

All I do know FOR SURE is that it will come up ONLINE the fastest. 20+ Verizon reps have told me to actually order the phone online (which is what I also did for the 9650) and along with next day free delivery (if i remember correctly) you end up getting it 3 or 4 days before it even hits their stores.

Hope this helps some of those who do not know this.

Again, I have my phone sitting in rice next to my bed and I'm over her HOPING that it it gets fixed so I don't have to go another 14 days without a BlackBerry, yet alone MORE if its not really July 28th :/ I'm gonna go pray, I'll talk to you guys tomorrow
    07-15-11 03:01 AM
    Why would they do an ad campaign for a phone that isn't LTE?
    07-15-11 09:17 AM
    I remember seeing a leaked VZW roadmap which showed the Droid 3(7/14) and the BB 9930(7/28).The Droid 3 date was accurate and VZW was completely silent about it until pre-orders were taken around the 7th.Everyone who's seen the 9900 says it's ready and it's still basically an OS 6.1 device so there shouldn't be any last-minute OS issues like there might be with a new QNX device. We'll see......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-11 10:10 AM
    Why would they do an ad campaign for a phone that isn't LTE?
    I see Verizon ads for Droid phones all the time. I would think pressure would come from RIM to push the Bold touch. For RIM, the bold touch needs to be successful.

This phone(bold) has to thrust RIM back into the smartphone market.

I think RIM wants to make a big splash!
    07-15-11 11:34 AM
    I see Verizon ads for Droid phones all the time. I would think pressure would come from RIM to push the Bold touch. For RIM, the bold touch needs to be successful.

This phone(bold) has to thrust RIM back into the smartphone market.

I think RIM wants to make a big splash!
    I think RIM, would then do the ad campaign for Verizon. Not Verizon using their own cash. Like I said, I can't see Verizon really pushing the new BB's when they rule the airwaves with 4g or whatever their LTE slogan is.
    07-15-11 01:11 PM
    I think RIM, would then do the ad campaign for Verizon. Not Verizon using their own cash. Like I said, I can't see Verizon really pushing the new BB's when they rule the airwaves with 4g or whatever their LTE slogan is.
    I can't see marketing for this going any other way than this. And that includes the other phones too.

**** the playbook commercials for Staples and Best Buy where most likely paid for (at least in part) by RIM.
    07-15-11 01:46 PM
    I am getting really anxious. This Droid 3 is painful to use.
    I had high-hopes for the Droid 3 based on it's listed specs. But it sure seems the GB and Moto-Blur combo just choke the hardware. I'm sure hoping the 9930 will be out at least by next month.
    07-15-11 01:51 PM
    If you're right about Verizon not pushing BB's, this doesn't bode well for RIM.

RIM will have to come up with a way to get Verizon to push BB'S, or come up with a 4g phone.

RIM resources are probably invested into the current crop of BB's, and the playbook. Producing a 4g phone, and getting it to market say within a year,
    will be a tall order for the company
    07-15-11 01:54 PM
182 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD