So ive had my sprint 9930 since release day and have had a few hickups but thought i was running pretty ok since upgrading to .362. Lately my phone has been doing these random reboots like while im writing a text or sometimes i just think my phone has been quiet for a while and i try to get to the home screen but nothing happens (phone seems dead) so i am forced to pull the battery.

If anyone has any resolution or advice it would be greatly appreciated. I have not installed any new programs lately and i am running pretty regular software (bbm email facebook twitter beejive etc.)

If this happened once or twice every now and then i would be ok with it but its been happening for quiet some time and im really getting frustrated. I need a reliable phone and the competition just seems to be winning (ehem iphone).
    10-18-11 01:03 AM
    You'll need to perform a full device wipe and selective restore.

Sounds like you have a corrupted OS, which should be fixed by following the above. I'd use BBSAK or Javaloader to do the wipe.

A simple security (data) wipe just won't cut it IMO.

The BB IS a very reliable phone - but it can and will happen - that data from certain apps, or even the apps themselves, will corrupt the OS from time to time, just like a computer OS.

Which competition seems to be "winning over the BlackBerry", iphone? If you think Windows Mobile /Andoid devices or iphones don't suffer from these same issues, you'd be dead wrong. They all do...some better, some worse.

When you say you haven't "installed any new programs lately"...does that mean you had previously and then removed them, or you had installed them in the past and haven't removed them? In any case, if you perform a full device wipe and selective restore, restoring only the most basic and critical portion of your data, you should be good to go!
    10-18-11 06:03 AM
    Im thinking about just waiting for a stable and official OS. I have alot of data on my phone and it just becomes a pain to redo the OS everytime theres a hickup.
    10-18-11 10:55 PM
    you might be better off trying to load up the new 7.0.0.374 from verizon, see if it's a stable OS for your 9930. good luck.
    10-19-11 12:03 AM
    Try updating to .374. It's only been a few hours but I've had no issues with it at all.
    10-19-11 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD