I am truly surprised at how the Bold 9930 compares to the Razr Maxx when it comes to overall speed of the UI. I have both phones and did a side-by-side comparison and the Bold wins hands down; actually it wasn't even a contest. The speed at which the Bold can access email, browser and other apps is awesome. Even the browser opened faster on the Bold. Some websites were also quicker to load on the Bold. Both devices were utilizing Wifi. It seems like the Razr Maxx really lags when compared to the Bold. Nice. Couple that with the efficient short cuts and the Bold really is a productive little device.
    11-12-12 01:17 PM
    That's a nice thing to hear. Could you do a video showing this? You know what they say 'pics or GTFO' haha.
    11-12-12 01:24 PM
    Confused, is the BlackBerry BOLD 9900\9930 a similar device to the Razr Maxx? Maybe I should Google this...
    11-12-12 01:27 PM
    Compare the photo app especially. The stock one on the Bold embarrasses the one on the RAZR. Try pinch to zoom and pan around and you'll see what I mean. This is really just Moto's fault though, not an Android problem. But yes overall the speed of navigation on the Bold 99xx is great. Snappy.
    11-12-12 01:34 PM
    That's a nice thing to hear. Could you do a video showing this? You know what they say 'pics or GTFO' haha.
    I totally agree with you. It would be nice if this is true and Id love to take the OP word for it but lets be honest...this doesn't sound right.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-12-12 01:34 PM
    I am truly surprised at how the Bold 9930 compares to the Razr Maxx when it comes to overall speed of the UI...
    Try the same with a RAZR i and you will see completely the opposite results
    11-12-12 04:00 PM
    And yes, I agree with the prior comment that this doesn't sound right. It doesn't but hopefully the video will convince. BTW, I just wiped the cache on the Motorola so that should not be the cause of the sluggishness.

here is a link to the video on vimeo. It is in the process of being converted and should be ready shortly. https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=pVncLhzz
    11-13-12 08:54 PM
    Again this test was completed using Wifi only. It does not compare 4G to 3G.
    11-14-12 02:23 PM
    That's what BlackBerrys are known for! Being efficient and quick! I have noticed BlackBerry devices only use what they need and are much more condensed, when other platforms use everything because they can with all these dual core and quad core processors! The Bold and other BlackBerrys use only one single core processor.

The 99xx may not do some things that Android or iphone do, but the capabilities it does have, it does it well! RIM has kept BlackBerry more mobile when other platforms have gone beyond and expanded to more than a mobile phone. This is why I enjoy my 9930 because it is made for mobile use on the go and it does what I need quick!

RIM is expanding their horizons now with this New BB10 platform! Now it will be all about flow where everything will be open and already accessible. So they have taken the best of both worlds and made it fast and loaded! So they might have just come up with the perfect formula for what everybody wants! We shall see..
    nogutsnoglory likes this.
    11-14-12 03:15 PM
    I have also come back to BB recently...and from a Motorola Razr Maxx as well! I COMPLETELY agree that my bold 9930 is faster loading than my droid razr maxx! even just running 3g...it loads everything faster than my razr maxx did. I was truly shocked (as was the verizon salesman who told me he couldnt even sell me a BB and He would have to order it) I have since SOLD my razr maxx and bought white casing for my bold 9930, which is now WHITE! *grins*

I have used a LOT of droids, and I like them...but none of them come close to the ease of use you get with a BB! ~ BLACKBERRY NATION!!
    nogutsnoglory likes this.
    11-15-12 08:22 AM
    And yes, I agree with the prior comment that this doesn't sound right. It doesn't but hopefully the video will convince. BTW, I just wiped the cache on the Motorola so that should not be the cause of the sluggishness.

here is a link to the video on vimeo. It is in the process of being converted and should be ready shortly. https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=ORKylF2A

I thought android was supposed to be fast lol, try more apps, facebook, Twitter etc
    11-15-12 02:10 PM