So before the outage I was around 4%/hour. Since the outage, the only thing I have done is installed BerryReader and now I'm at over 10%/hour. I have it set to auto refresh every 6 hours. Anyone happen to have any insight on this? I've rebooted a few times already (alt,cap,del).
    10-13-11 06:08 PM
    I use Berryreader and it doe snot effect my battery.
    10-13-11 06:10 PM
    Delete it and see if it changes, although it shouldn't considering I run BerryReader on every device including my 9930 and it's fine... (unless you installed the wrong OS version and it's crashing or something like that).
    10-13-11 06:39 PM
    So before the outage I was around 4%/hour. Since the outage, the only thing I have done is installed BerryReader and now I'm at over 10%/hour. I have it set to auto refresh every 6 hours. Anyone happen to have any insight on this? I've rebooted a few times already (alt,cap,del).
    I have several of the apps the Bellshare makes which include BerryBuzz, BerryReader and of course BerryWeather and none of these apps have any drain whatsoever on my battery or device performance.
    10-13-11 06:48 PM
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've made some changes to bereader settings and will see if the battery drainage changes. If it still does, I will uninstall it to see if it's the culprit. I have version 1.1.61
    10-14-11 01:39 PM
    I'm using BerryReader on my 9930 & it kills my battery while I'm using it. Easily a good 10% everytime I check feeds. When I have it closed it doesn't affect battery life since I have it set to only check for feeds every few hours or so.

If it takes me a while to get through my feeds due to being busy at work I can easily drop 40% or so. Not sure why BerryReader uses so much battery just loading feeds.
    11-02-11 01:11 PM
    Did you download the correct version for the correct OS? 40% is insane. Check your debug logs, something has to be throwing errors like crazy to cause that kind of drain.
    11-02-11 01:26 PM
    The weird thing is that when you go to the "About" item in the BerryReader menu it says that I am running 1.1.62 (for OS 6.0) but I definitely downloaded the version for OS 7.0 & higher from the Bellshare website. I'm not sure if their link is wrong & I got the wrong version or if the "About" page is wrong.

I've downloaded straight from Mobihand as well & got the same version. I've deleted & reinstalled a few times & it just seems to eat my battery.
    11-02-11 02:35 PM
    The weird thing is that when you go to the "About" item in the BerryReader menu it says that I am running 1.1.62 (for OS 6.0) but I definitely downloaded the version for OS 7.0 & higher from the Bellshare website. I'm not sure if their link is wrong & I got the wrong version or if the "About" page is wrong.

I've downloaded straight from Mobihand as well & got the same version. I've deleted & reinstalled a few times & it just seems to eat my battery.
    Just for the record it looks like I've found my issue. I wiped & reloaded the OS on my phone and let it run for a day without loading any apps. The battery was fine. I then loaded BerryReader from Bellshare's website using the OS 7.0 link and immediately got a huge battery drain while using the app and the battery got warm as well.

I deleted the app & then reloaded it from Mobihand and the problem has stopped. I still take a 10% or so battery hit if I use the app for an hour or so but I don't get anywhere near the drain that I was getting and the battery stays cool. It looks like, at least for me, the link for BerryReader for OS 7.0 devices caused issues.
    11-16-11 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD