Not true....If I get 8 hours I am lucky. This is with very little if no internet browsing and Twitter and Facebook set to manually updates. No weather apps or anything running in the background. Basically a couple phone calls and a few emails along with a decent amount of texting. So while some of you are getting great battery life some of us are not. I would get about 4 more hours a day out of my 9650 and that was getting fb and twitter updates every hour..... So thats REAL also!!!!
    That sounds like a bad battery then. I shrunk out fb and twitter but you've basically done the same thing as far as battery performance is concerned and I'm getting circa 1.5 days if I use it say on the weekend like you are. On the 9700 I would get about 2 days by comparison...so not that much more given the cpu and touchscreen.
    09-05-11 01:13 PM
    That sounds like a bad battery then. I shrunk out fb and twitter but you've basically done the same thing as far as battery performance is concerned and I'm getting circa 1.5 days if I use it say on the weekend like you are. On the 9700 I would get about 2 days by comparison...so not that much more given the cpu and touchscreen.
    Yeah it could be a bad battery, but if so, there are a ton of bad batteries out there!
    09-05-11 01:53 PM
    upgrade to .353 and ur battery life will improve sooo much
    09-05-11 02:03 PM
    actually...

1. the 9000 has crap battery life when it first released

2. 9700/80 had 1 a bigger battery... also had half the processing speed, half the resolution on the display
    the 9000 has a 624mhz CPU, and the 9700/80 also have a 624mhz cpu

the 9000 has a 480x320 display, the 9780 has a 480x360 display

they both have the same battery (1500mAh)

the 9000 has a 5 hour life, and the 9780 has a 6 hour life.

the only difference is the 9000 has an older PXA90x 130nm processor while the 9780 has a newer PXA930/935 processor, which is much smaller and battery efficient at 65nm.

the 9800 and everything after is down to 45nm; and the Snapdragons in the new devices are 45nm or smaller.
    09-05-11 02:12 PM
    when I first got the device it was great.....3 weeks in and its sucking wind.....also, when I hit the "back" convenience key my device takes me to a screen ive never seen before..it doesnt back out to the home screen. It backs out to a screen with only 7 icons and I see the screen om trying to back out of behind this screen...is this a setting issue? this just started and is ony curable by a battery pull......what am I doing wrong?
    that screen is your open apps screen that should only pop up when you hold the bb button for a couple seconds. I have experienced this also and found that pressing the top lock button clears this. Im confident that an OS update will fix this issue. Im on 26 hours with 50% battery life with calls, texts, bridge, browsing, and internet radio. I am using the holster that seems to just about double stand by time.
    Last edited by sir.dangerfield; 09-05-11 at 03:00 PM. Reason: wasn't finished.
    09-05-11 02:55 PM
    Yeah it could be a bad battery, but if so, there are a ton of bad batteries out there!
    I think that is right. Seems to depend on manufacturer.
    As an aside my Galaxy gets less than a day. BB is way better from a battery perspective.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mhw100; 09-05-11 at 03:25 PM.
    09-05-11 03:21 PM
    when I first got the device it was great.....3 weeks in and its sucking wind.....also, when I hit the "back" convenience key my device takes me to a screen ive never seen before..it doesnt back out to the home screen. It backs out to a screen with only 7 icons and I see the screen om trying to back out of behind this screen...is this a setting issue? this just started and is ony curable by a battery pull......what am I doing wrong?
    What are the 7 apps? you should only have 5 (or at least that's what my 9360 has): Home, BBM, Phone, Messages, Browser.
    09-05-11 03:24 PM
    I started to have a fit with my 9930 battery about 4 days ago where daily it would shut off after 8 or so hours with little to no use - I then realized "my Location" ( gps ) was set to on. One full charge while the phone was off and I was back in business with great battery performance ( and that's on 3g ).
    04-18-12 10:58 PM
    I'm a battery killer, Style as my primary device was, oh, 6-7 hours of average use. Photon as primary device, the Style lasts a lot longer, full day with BBM, email, and a round of Fighting Words running. Photon has given me 7-10.5 hours of use on a regular basis, depending on what apps I'm running. Thats with double+ screen size and a dual-core processor. Of course, it's a bigger battery, 1650 vs 1130 mah. I'll be glad to get a spare battery soon, just for backup.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 04-18-12 at 11:16 PM.
    04-18-12 11:13 PM
    I thought my battery was disappointing until I upgraded to O.S. 7.1..
    04-19-12 01:53 AM
    lol because I helped tweaked some settings

Can you point to the settings (or post) that improved the battery life? Currently running 7.1.0.267.

TYIA

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    04-19-12 08:23 AM
    The battery on my Atrix got me almost through a full work day.
    The battery on my Skyrocket gets me through lunch.
    The battery on my iPhone gets me until I get to bed.
    The battery on my 9930 gets me to bed WHILE using BBM steadily throughout the day. So.....since the heaviest use is on my 9930 and it gets me the longest while ON THE NETWORK, I call the original premise of this thread incorrect, from my personal experience with all my devices.
    04-19-12 10:13 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD